Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oreo Cookies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Oreo Cookies

Nov 9, 2020, 4:05 PM

Did you know that Oreo cookies were on the grocery shelves even before I was born? Yep, just looked it up and they were introduced in 1898. The reason the subject of Oreo cookies came up was due to my getting a family size package several days ago. I emptied them into a large size Zip Lock bag so they would stay fresh longer. That actually was a waste of time because they all disappeared in short order. But looking at those tasty morsels, I recalled what I did in my younger days and I would venture to say that most of you did the same thing. I would take the two cookies apart and lick the filling. Now be honest, didn't you do the same thing?

Yesterday, there were two or three cookies still in the Zip Lock bag. My son-in-law opened the bag, took out a cookie and what did he do? He took the two cookies apart and proceeded to lick the filling. Sometimes it's hard to break a long-time habit. Apparently, it's an old Oreo tradition.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a weird one ... I typically eat them as-is.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:08 PM

But, I am not a Oreo fan. I will take chocolate chip cookies any day over Oreos. But, I will eat Oreos long before I would eat peanut butter cookies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I am a weird one ... I typically eat them as-is.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:14 PM

Anything but pumpkin .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually had some pumpkin cookies with white chocolate

Nov 9, 2020, 4:46 PM

over the weekend. I liked them ... way too much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Oreo Cookies

Nov 9, 2020, 4:11 PM

A slight difference for me Joe.
I scrape the filling off with my teeth.??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 4:13 PM

Joe, I didn't have time to lick them, immediately threw them in my mouth whole. Still do.

every Christmas I try to come up with the best/worst dessert

Nov 9, 2020, 4:15 PM

best tasting, worse for you.

Last time, Oreos with condensed, sweetened milk to dip them in. It's so good it will kill you, literally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

They have gingerbread Oreos now. Anxious to try those.***

Nov 9, 2020, 4:36 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I logged in just to reply about those....Get them!

Nov 9, 2020, 5:59 PM

Like with Joe, they mysteriously disappeared.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oreo Cookies- remember the knock off Hydrox

Nov 9, 2020, 4:35 PM

Those things were awful. I love oreos but at them together not pulled apart

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 4:35 PM

I love Oreos any favor! For those that can not eat straight chocolate like me. Chocolate is loaded with saturated fat and not good for your liver especially with NFLD like me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 4:43 PM

Thanks Joe , once again you have brought an old memory back to me.

I actually like them to draw a little moisture and get

Nov 9, 2020, 5:21 PM

softer.

And, of course, they are at their absolute best when dunked in milk just prior to consumption. (Pavlovian Dog Drools) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually like them to draw a little moisture and get

Nov 9, 2020, 5:48 PM

Yes.

I leave the pack open for as long as possible so they soften up.

Unfortunately, someone tends to eat them all before that ever happens. I’ve never found the culprit, but I bet he has a chocolate smile if I look closely.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:00 PM

I guess I'm the strange one, I twist them off, take the ones that have the creme on it, and put them together, making a double stuffed (quad if you're doing it with double stuffed), eat the cookies with no creme left and then eat the double/quad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like the lemon Oreos

Nov 9, 2020, 8:14 PM

Taste like the lemon Girl Scout cookies- don’t take time to take them apart or dip in milk- entire thing in one bite

I leave them as is, hold them fully submerged in milk

Nov 9, 2020, 8:25 PM

until they stop bubbling (like a mob hit) and then put the whole thing in my mouth.

Repeat.

Don’t give me that double stuff junk. Ratio is off.

I’m doing low carb so this topic really hits close.

Nov 10, 2020, 8:23 AM

The resealable packaging they come in was developed at Clemson.

Nov 10, 2020, 8:27 AM

I love the mint flavored ones. My favorite.

Second favorite - try Dare Lemon Cookies. They are Canadian, but still delicious. Eh? Hoser.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Nov 10, 2020, 11:02 AM

Loved them as a kid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic