Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what was Bilas' problem last night?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

what was Bilas' problem last night?

Jan 31, 2018, 9:38 AM

I noticed he would favored UNC in his commentary, particularly on the officiating. I thought he was a Dukie and therefore a UNC hater. I say he needs to remove the "l" from his name, it would make it more accurate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what was Bilas' problem last night?

Jan 31, 2018, 10:05 AM

pandering to a big fan base. typical ESPN shill. at least he didnt use "we" like Vitale did in the game w ND

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agreed with just about everything he said

Jan 31, 2018, 10:11 AM

In fact, most of the things he pointed out, I had already thought, but in a role reversal of the two teams:

I kept wondering why do the officials call fouls on us when the UNC players drive to the basket and jump into our players. While silent on those, he later asked why it was a foul when our guy drove and jumped into May to draw the foul.

I wondered how it was a foul when two players are both going after a loose ball or rebound, and later he questioned why UNC was called for a foul when their player ran into our guard going after a ball.

He said something about refs shouldn't just feel like they have to call a foul if someone falls down, but that is exactly what I wondered when they called a foul the second time on the three point shot they made and a foul.

I guess as much as Duke and UNC claim to hate one another, there is a common bond they share in feeling they should get away with more than other teams because their coaches whine more and because they have the reputations of being so fundamentally above teams like Clemson. Instead they should be in awe of what teams like Clemson bring when competing with programs that have 5 stars funneling thru each year.

TU for your last sentence. Always mute button after about

Jan 31, 2018, 10:36 AM

10 minutes of any game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is married to a Tar Hole...

Jan 31, 2018, 10:11 AM

Plus he's never liked us in anything. I don't know what he's problem is. He even make a comment last night about Dabo and he liking illegal picks. He's a prick.

i noticed this also.

Jan 31, 2018, 10:17 AM

We get a uva player for the game in Charlottesville and a GT player for the game in Atlanta (I think) so a duke player against UNC should be fair, but it wasn’t. He was overly vocal about the officiating. Tigers won so who gives a rats a$$!

Jan 31, 2018, 10:31 AM

IN fact one time in the second half, Bilas said when the ball went out of bounds down at the locker room end off a Clemson Player, Bilas said very loud and clear ..."WE" have the ball meaning UNC. What a great win to make Bilas have to sit there and eat his own B-I-A-S commentating. A win is great but sure does make the win against UNC even better when you can have fun making the commentators eat some crow.

Jan 31, 2018, 10:40 AM

Seemed like most of the commentary (including the bunch of idiots at halftime) was more about how UNC was playing (or not playing) rather than how good Clemson was doing. They kept focusing on the poor shooting of UNC and how the defense looked bad. Basically insinuating that UNC is better than Clemson, but they just aren't playing up to their potential. Guess it has something to do with Clemson being the new guy on the scene this year, versus UNC usually being a favorite to go to the Final 4 most years. Having said that, they did almost come back and win. But in the end our guys made the clutch plays, and theirs did not. We will probably see them again in the tourney.

Jan 31, 2018, 2:20 PM

Being the defending national champion and doing poorly creates extra stress. Especially when playing a team you usually pound. Roy looked sick last night.

Jan 31, 2018, 11:43 AM

His son is a scrub walk on at Wake Forest and daughter went to Duke. Not sure why he is giving UNC the benefit of the doubt here

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic