Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ty simpson; really that good?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 4,562

Ty simpson; really that good?

Feb 25, 2021, 1:20 AM

Just watched his film again. Said before, will say again, TN competition isn't TX level. Simpson's team went 7-5 in 3A in TN.. Klubnik won the state title in the big leagues. Maybe Simpson had a bad defense, but how many games did DW4 lose in HS? How many did Trevor? Or even Big Cinco. Winners WIN. I saw Trevor's film as a freshman and said he is the real deal. I see Simpson and I see a highlight reel of lots of scrambling against mid level HS kids and throwing balls up. Maybe we get him, maybe I'm wrong and he's a star. But I don't see it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ty simpson; really that good?

Feb 25, 2021, 8:10 AM

Clemson recruiting director has done an excellent job of evaluating talent to this point (Boyd, Watson, Lawrence and DJ). I think our coaches know what talent looks like and will go after the right player.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this, and would love Ty

Feb 25, 2021, 8:11 AM

but also agree with the original post and would be ecstatic with Cade!! Seems like we have a win win situation here fellas and ladies!!!

Message was edited by: MoneyMike23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree we've hit it with the top targets for the most part

Feb 25, 2021, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Ty simpson; really that good? ]

and Simpson seems to be in that top category. However, its worth noting Dabo also offered the following QBs:

- Morgan Roberts, Tony McNeal, Cole Stoudt, Tucker Israel, Zerrick Cooper, and Hunter Johnson. Others like Brice and Kelly were probably good evaluations but they just got over recruited here...guys like Roberts, McNeal, Israel and Stoudt were meant to be backups in the process and Cooper and Johnson didnt pan out (and over recruited). Verdict still out on TPhomm.

You are right that since Tajh the only year QB has been an issue was 2014 when Deshaun was a freshman. But that was more on Dabo and our offensive staff for not just playing Watson from Day 1. Then the injuries got us too.

Feb 25, 2021, 8:11 AM

So based on your mindset that winners win...DW4 must not be very good as his team was terrible this year. Guess he has his restaurant to fall back on as according to your metric football is not working out for him.

BTW i have no idea if Simpson will be great or a bust in college but Dabo and Saban seem to think he is pretty good. So its Saban/Dabo vs your opinion...

He does play against small town West TN

Feb 25, 2021, 9:04 AM

and its likely his team doesn't have great players. I could see it being a little tougher to gauge his ability based on that but given his offer sheet and recruiting rankings, they cant be that far off. I do agree though that if you have an elite QB in high school then you typically win a lot of games...but again his team could completely stink and the fact they won 5 is an achievement.

I’m happy getting either but see more potential

Feb 25, 2021, 9:12 AM

Or maybe less of a bust factor w Cade.

He may or may not work out. He's definitely not the........

Feb 25, 2021, 9:42 AM

"CAN'T MISS, unanimous #1, all world" QB we're used to getting.

That's something we as fans need to realize. Watson, TL, DJ. We've essentially landed an "once in a decade QB" back to back to back. At some point we're not. Another thing to keep in mind, and I haven't looked yet, but I assume our staff has eyes/offers on the #1/2 QBs in the 2023 & 2024 class. So, out recruiting our talent could happen as when DJ moves on in a couple years.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:46 AM

He's our coaches top recruit for QB in 2022 class. Figure he must be good.

I think he's a great prospect

Feb 25, 2021, 11:47 AM

Not the arm talent of Trevor or DJ but I want him to choose us. He's a playmaker that is difficult to contain.

Feb 25, 2021, 1:14 PM

Some times it's the "QB Smarts" coaches see in a prospect that may not be obvious to the average person. Simpson's Dad is the coach at Tennessee Martin and I would imagine he has been a huge factor in his son's development. I would assume the Manning QB prospect in the next recruiting cycle will have gained a lot of "QB Smarts" from his Dad and uncles. Some prospects get a lot of favorable hype if they are surrounded by other talented team mates, whereas a truly talented prospect may not get deserved hype because he plays in a lower classification and/or he is not surrounded by talented team mates.

There are a number of 3*** prospects that receive more offers from Power 5 programs than some higher ranked prospects. This is an indication the coaches see something in a prospect that the so-called recruiting experts do not see.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 4,562
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic