Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Join Parler they said, what’s the worst that can happen?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 98
| visibility 1

Join Parler they said, what’s the worst that can happen?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:14 AM

Whale.... here’s what allegedly went down last night on there

"so a group of developers latched onto the Press Release that Twilio put out at midnight last night. In that Press Release, Twilio accidentally revealed which services Parler was using. Turns out it was all of the security authentications that were used to register a user. This allowed anyone to create a user, and not have to verify an email address, and immediately have a logged-on account.

Well, because of that access, it gave them access to the behind the login box API that is used to deliver content -- ALL CONTENT (parleys, video, images, user profiles, user information, etc) --. But what it also did was revealed which USERS had "Administration" rights, "Moderation" rights.

Well, then what happened, those user accounts that had Administration rights to the entire platform... The hackers, internet warriors, call it what you will, was able to use the forgot password link to change the password. Why? Because Twilio was no longer authenticating emails. This meant, they'd get directly to the reset password screen of that Administration user.

This group of Internet Warriors then used that account, to create a handful of other ADMINISTRATION accounts, and then created a ###### that ended up creating MILLIONS of fake administration accounts.

Now that they had a way of creating admin accounts without interruption, they created a Docker Image (basically a virtual machine) called a Warrior, that anyone could download, and when fired up, would immediately start collecting data off of Parlre, in a coordinated fashion.

Consider it like SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) that people used to load up as screen savers when their computers were not being used. Same concept, crowdsourcing.

All of this data, the videos, the images, the posts, the metadata (including the GEO location of all images and videos, and the connections to the accounts that posted it, has been (since midnight) being uploaded to various cloud drives and storage arrays for the purposes of Archiving this information, for later retrieval by law enforcement, by the public, by Open Source Intelligence communities.

And the kicker.. is this: all of this information was thought to be secure and private by individuals who were making the posts. A significant number of those individuals went through the process of being a "Verified Citizen" on Parler. What does that mean?

It means they uploaded a picture of the front and back of their REAL State Driver's License........ Let that sink in for a second.

I am positive the FBI has been actively soaking in this information along with the Internet Warriors, but this is how they are going to officially track down.

And it's how the FBI, DHS, and FAA have been able to immediately and exhaustively create no-fly lists. Every verified attendee of the Capitol riot where they can find a real name has been placed on No-Fly Lists.

It might seem like a small geeky glitch or hack.. but in the age of Information warfare... this is the silver bullet for the people who used Parler as a place to organize their efforts.

Also, a lot of posts were deleted by Parler members after the riots on the 6th. Turned out... Parler didn't actually delete anything.. just set a bit as deleted.

Guess what has access to all "deleted" content?

Administrator accounts."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Join Parler they said, what’s the worst that can happen?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:20 AM

Round em up.

Oops***

Jan 11, 2021, 7:30 AM

so rogue hackers are now good

Jan 11, 2021, 7:57 AM

because it fits your political belief that all people on parler are guilty of insurrection

so doxxing is great and hackers are cool and whitty. got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These people are nuts, so yeah.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:00 AM

https://twitter.com/parlertakes/status/1348448155310854148?s=20

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are PLENTY of nuts on Twitter

Jan 11, 2021, 8:07 AM

such as ANTIFA, BLM and there are even terrorist networks that have been found to chat on Facebook.
The far left have incited violence all over the country in 2020 and they havent even sniffed any kind of justice for burning and looting.

the hypocrisy is unreal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there are PLENTY of nuts on Twitter

Jan 11, 2021, 8:10 AM

Long story short, you're completely clueless.

Here's where you aren't realizing you're failing.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:19 AM [ in reply to there are PLENTY of nuts on Twitter ]

Father G just posted an example of a guy who is literally calling for a Trump dictatorship and a gutting of our Constitution.

That nutjob isn't a part of the GOP or conservatives. He is a complete whackjob.

Instead of recognizing it as that, you immediately run to, "Uh uh! The left has nuts, too! Dems have nuts! This is hypocrisy!"

And without really realizing it, you've suddenly offered a defense of this man with your desperate attempt to play "whatabout".

It means you actually do consider this man as part of "your side," which is sad. He shouldn't be on anyone's side.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I don't think he's defending that guy at all.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:38 AM

He's addressing the mindset that seems to be prevalent here, which is one of, "you're on Parler, ergo you were or wished you were breaking down the Capitol doors on Wednesday."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think he's defending that guy at all.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:42 AM

If anything, he is defending Parler, not any person. At least that's how I read it.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:12 AM

Which is pretty awful after what we saw at the Capitol and what was still being promoted on there until it was shutdown last night. There is really no excuse to defend Parler. Hopefully Parler can get back online and monitor their most egregious posts that promote death and mayhem. That's all that Amazon asked them to do generally, but they refused to follow through.

out of ALL the things that happen on the internet

Jan 11, 2021, 9:22 AM

we really want to focus on people that joined an alternative to Twitter, rounded up a bunch of people for a protest and went to DC and protested.

this happened DAILY on reddit for BLM and ANTIFA. They were using twitter as well and FB Messenger to tell people how to maneuver, how to get around the cops, how to avoid being arrested. They were setting up GoFund me accounts to help with bail, which Kamala referenced in a speech.

this is so laughable it cant be real.

Were they telling them...

Jan 11, 2021, 9:32 AM

Military tactics to take on the police?

That's bad if they were. Because that's exactly what was happening on Parler.

And you were in support it while it happened (and covered your tracks here).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Jan 11, 2021, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think he's defending that guy at all. ]

Awful yes. Pointing out the hypocrisy, good.

I mentioned last week on here that several fb friends were in on the DC riots. I unfollowed seven of them. Checked this morning and all seven are still on fb and all seven still have those posts up.

I just think it's disingenuous to go after parler as a whole while ignoring the crap on fb, twitter and every where else.

I can't find it in me to bash parler as a whole and ignore the idiots on fb.

They all need to better.

I'll also add, the mess on parler has been there for months, I do find it odd that big tech didn't pull the rug from under parler UNTIL it started growing by leaps and bounds. Part of me believes this is big business defending big business. I could be wrong though

Jan 11, 2021, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think he's defending that guy at all. ]

It wasn't so much that they "refused" so much as they didn't nearly have the mods in place to do so.

It takes a LOT of mods to zap the threads and users that were advocating violence because there were so durn many of them.

He is--and so are many others here--unknowingly

Jan 11, 2021, 8:42 AM [ in reply to I don't think he's defending that guy at all. ]

When they immediately flock to "but what about the left/this past summer" whenever criticism is launched towards Wednesdays imbeciles.

The only answer is to denounce them unequivocally. There shouldn't be any "whataboutism" as those people aren't Republicans or conservatives.

But continued defense or excuses for them can only mean there is some attachment to them.

Calling it "Whatabout" is a complete defense mechanism at

Jan 11, 2021, 8:48 AM

this point---like I've said before, it's lazy. Extremism is bad. It's relevant to point out that the PR difference between Antifa/BLM riots and Wednesday's incidents is problematic, when it needs to be acknowledged that they're two sides of the same rotten coin.

The far left and far right need to be publicly shamed back into the dark ages. Calling it whatabout contributes to the problem, because if either one is treated with permissiveness, if not almost-admiration by a significant portion of the population, the other "side" grows as a reaction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not lazy when it's being employed so liberally

Jan 11, 2021, 8:59 AM

In this case, especially in the manner we're hearing it. For one, Wednesday's events are the matter at hand. What happened this summer isn't relevant when we're discussing what happened Wednesday and what needs to be the result going forward. Bringing up the summer's events is an attempt to divert the discussion.

Second, it's being immediately thrown in the faces of those criticizing what happened last week, generally in the form of, "What a hypocrite! Where were you back then or why didn't you denounce the leftist riots?"

I can't recall ANYONE on this board championing the destruction of last summer. There were people, including me, who supported the peaceful protesters right to do what they were doing, but nobody here advocated for the looting or destruction or violence. I recall pretty much everyone here, regardless of politics, denouncing those actions.

So to throw that in their faces is, at best, cheap partisan hackery. I'll take it to the worst: It looks like a defense of the Capitol idiots.

Let's not forget that Manac also had made plans to attend the rally in DC, and as the raid on the Capitol happened, he was posting thinly-veiled support of it. So yeah, he supported these guys.

Ok, you fire up the Mystery Machine and go get these

Jan 11, 2021, 9:09 AM

Trumpies.

I'll be over in the corner trying to figure out how to get rid of all the extremists. Circle back with me when it's ok to look at the big picture.

That's not really a relevant response to what I just said.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:21 AM

And I have stated on many, many occasions the problem is just what you outlined: too many far right and far left extremists, and they drown out the normal people.

The problem is we're dealing with the gaggle of manac/T3/Keowee/NC_Tiger sorts who keep hollering about "the left" when we're addressing this particular moment of extremism.

And at the end of the day, this incident is still more severe than the past summer.

Also, Manac apparently deleted his post where he cheered the raid on, so he knew he had to cover his tracks.

Also, I'll post this to help your memory.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:21 AM [ in reply to It's not lazy when it's being employed so liberally ]

There were plenty of people like FBC making these "I sure do understand where they're coming from!" type posts about the BLM/Antifa riots on here. Also, textbook Whatabout from FBC in this thread.

http://wwwwww.kornferry.com.tigernet.com/forum/thread/For-years-we-have-heard-these-gun-nuts-2010379?start=0&tstart=0

and that post begs another question....

Jan 11, 2021, 9:22 AM

WTH is "kornferry" and why is it hosting old T-net posts?

Hahaha...

Jan 11, 2021, 9:29 AM

Didn't see this and asked you the same question in my reply.

Could a Korn Ferry...

Jan 11, 2021, 9:30 AM [ in reply to and that post begs another question.... ]

Be a really b!tchin' rock festival on a river boat?

And for the record.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Also, I'll post this to help your memory. ]

I don't concur with him on that. I would point to the Civil Rights Era to show that change can come through peaceful protest.

Also, W T F is Korn Ferry?

Breaking windows in a Target

Jan 11, 2021, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Also, I'll post this to help your memory. ]

breaking into the Capitol Building to tie up members of Congress

Apples and oranges.

I like your funny words magic man

Nope, this wasn’t about some Target windows.

Jan 11, 2021, 12:22 PM

These were full blown riots with bodily harm/deaths and small businesses and property destroyed because “systemic racism”. Own your tolerance for one but not the other.

I'm not sure why that is continually being compared.

Jan 11, 2021, 12:46 PM

Since it went on for months, I'm guessing the leaders in those cities were OK with it.

I know in CHS it went on for about 1 1/2 hours and got shut down ASAP.

Just seems like an apples and oranges comparison to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not going to denounce them in entirety

Jan 11, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to He is--and so are many others here--unknowingly ]

I think there were people there that feel disenfranchised, that wanted to voice that opinion. I am with those people. I am 100% with the people that feel as if Government isnt looking out for them and has held the media hostage. I feel that way 100%.

When it comes to violence and breaking windows and beating police. I am not down with any of those things and that is not what I am all about.

Many of us feel there is no where to turn. I know that I do. I see corruption, overreaching authoritarian moves, tax dollars being swindled for personal gain. I see all of this all around me on the local level and at State and Federal. So yes, it was time to march, it was time to say enough is enough. A lot of people did this and over 70mm people just like I do. It doesnt have to be violent though.

ANTIFA, BLM, Weather Underground, Black Panthers, they can have the violence because they can get away with it and media will give them a Firey, but Mostly Peaceful coverage.

Because you wanted to be with them.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:00 AM

You told us yourself you almost went. And when the raid was happening, you were posting thinly-veiled support for it.

One of yall change your avatars. It's confusing the crap ou

Jan 11, 2021, 3:47 PM

out of me.

okaythanks

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Shoot, just now noticed his

Jan 11, 2021, 3:59 PM

But definitely not. I'll embrace the confusion.

I dont care what he is saying

Jan 11, 2021, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Here's where you aren't realizing you're failing. ]

if he is acting criminally, then take him off the site. That is easy, but the selective outrage is where the hypocrisy comes into account.

You are crying about some guy saying he wants Trump to be a Dictator while Facebook has live streamed numerous murders and suicides. You cant even think straight.

Section 230 should now be revoked. Its not that hard to comprehend.

And you can't seem to grasp how the market works.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:45 AM

Here's how you "conservatives" have been handling the free market over social media.

"Conservatives": "Let the free market decide!"

The free market: *decides*

"Conservatives": "WHAT?!?!?"

Parler hasn't been shut down by the government. Other corporations refuse to host it. That's their right. That's the free market.

If the market wants to do the same with Facebook, they can and will.

This uh.. is not the free market deciding.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:58 AM

This is big tech deciding. I hope you're able to differentiate that. If the free market decided they didn't want Parler, it wouldn't have been number 1 on the app store before it got removed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Sure it is.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:19 AM

These big tech companies are speaking their mind and choosing not to support the app, which probably also comes on the heels of consumer demand.

If the consumers don't like their decision, they can make big tech pay for it through boycotts and such.

These corporations have a right to decide what they support or offer, and consumers can make their own choices in the wake of that.

I'm not sure how anyone would have a problem with this.

So this whole Q Anon conspiracy ruse is casting its net

Jan 11, 2021, 10:22 AM [ in reply to These people are nuts, so yeah. ]

even wider now to identify even more seditionists and plotters from Camp Trump? The more they buy into it the deeper they get into this most clever snare. The irony of these nutcases being duped to such a deep degree by this phenomenon is beyond rich.

Lose the House.
Lose the Senate.
Lose the White House.
Round up and arrest the nutjobs from the Capitol attack.
Round up and arrest the legions pushing insurrection and sedition online.

Congress runs free.
Pence runs free.
POTUS on the verge of the 25th or impeachment.

Hard not to be impressed with the effectiveness of this campaign, though it does approach a level of diabolical that is somewhat alarming.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so rogue hackers are now good

Jan 11, 2021, 8:00 AM [ in reply to so rogue hackers are now good ]

Opposing violence and insurrection in the USA has nothing to do with political beliefs. I have no sympathy.

Not so sure about that apparently it does***

Jan 11, 2021, 8:07 AM

I agree, and I hope this approach spans platforms.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: so rogue hackers are now good ]

Anyone who has posted threats of violence and insurrection on ANY platform should be removed immediately. I'm no Trumpster or whatever, but there is absolutely zero chance Twitter, Facebook, etc., are free of this type of hate speech and/or content. A key difference is the Trump cult actually left their keyboards and impacted the non-virtual realm.

That being said, I can't help but laugh at any politician who feigns deep concern and attempts to claim some monopoly on morality, patriotism, etc. Really, the most truthful and believable argument to me is "we aren't as bad as Trump."

I realize he doesn't care, but if Trump cared at all about the GOP he would resign and leave office. At this point, it's the difference between decimation and complete destruction.

I didn’t say that but thanks for playing!!!***

Jan 11, 2021, 8:06 AM [ in reply to so rogue hackers are now good ]

When they take out neo Nazis, yeah.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:13 AM [ in reply to so rogue hackers are now good ]

Also, y'all are loving this "doxxing" thing as if it's bad people got outted during the Capitol raid.

You know, when a person puts themselves out in public committing a crime, they don't really have a right to privacy.

Is this the new word Tucker keeps using? "Doxxing"?

Agree 100%...social media isn't a freaking diary.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:19 AM

When someone's ego requires they receive feedback on all their thoughts, they have traded privacy for that feedback. It's in the acceptable use policy of all these platforms; you know, the stuff no one reads.

The left only has morals when they're the ones breaking the

Jan 11, 2021, 8:15 AM [ in reply to so rogue hackers are now good ]

rules

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you consider these people...

Jan 11, 2021, 8:20 AM

Part of your side of the political spectrum?

"These people" being the folks that took part on Wednesday?

Jan 11, 2021, 8:35 AM

No, not part of my political ideology, but they exist on the political spectrum. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make their thoughts any less valid. These people have been chased down the rabbit hole for the better part of the last 30 years.

Yes, those people.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:38 AM

That's good to hear they aren't part of your political ideology. Which means there's no reason to respond to criticism of them with "whatabouttheleft" because those people aren't part of your team.

Their thoughts are far less valid than mine. Because my thoughts don't encompass white supremacy or fascism or overthrow of the government through violence. I am better than them. They are garbage and their ideology is trash.

And since they aren't part of your political ideology, you're superior to them as well.

I'm superior to no man

Jan 11, 2021, 8:39 AM

or woman. But that's just how I was raised as a Christian.

Re: I'm superior to no man

Jan 11, 2021, 8:43 AM

There are certain people I am superior. Hitler maybe. So is just about every man. Jeffrey Dahmer I feel confident to say I am superior. Jerry Sandusky fits the bill. Pretty much anyone who believes in Q conspiracies will also make the cut.

This just means that you think you are the judge and jury

Jan 11, 2021, 8:45 AM

of life. When you aren't. You just one in a few billion and I guarantee that outside of a group of about 10 people, your opinion and gloating about moral superiority doesn't matter to anyone else.

Re: This just means that you think you are the judge and jury

Jan 11, 2021, 10:08 AM

I am in many cases judge and jury, as far as my life goes. My opinion only matters to me when it comes down to it. I am better than some messed up people. There are people that are better than me in so many ways. It doesn't matter. We are all not the same and we don't need too be. There are some special people in this world that we can all strive to be like and there are some people that are complete monsters. Yeah I am the judge and jury of what I believe. I am better than some and worse than others. I don't believe in the Bible so I only adhere to common sense.

I don't know you personally...

Jan 11, 2021, 8:46 AM [ in reply to I'm superior to no man ]

But if there's a Vegas line on who is a superior person, you or the imbeciles who stormed the Capitol, I'm putting big money down on you.

I appreciate that.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:47 AM

But at the same time, I know that I have never walked a mile in their shoes so I can't, even for a second, say that I am better than anyone. We all struggle.

Re: The left only has morals when they're the ones breaking the

Jan 11, 2021, 8:29 AM [ in reply to The left only has morals when they're the ones breaking the ]

I think the issue is going over your head. It's not what they think. It's what they promote too often on the site. There are things that should be universally unacceptable. Actually there are things that are universally unacceptable in this country by the vast majority. We don't people talking about sedition, planning genocide, assassinations, etc etc. Parler allowed it. They are gone now.

Couple things

Jan 11, 2021, 8:33 AM

1. you've never been on parler. I can literally guarantee that. therefore, you don't really know what is going on. Facebook was used for the coup in Seattle.. I must have missed the mass arrest of those involved.

2. Prior to Wednesday, you didn't even know the word "sedition" existed, much less the definition of it.

3. Stop being a ##### and downvoting.

Re: Couple things

Jan 11, 2021, 8:39 AM

1. I have have read hundreds of posts and threads from Parler . So there's that.

2. If you didn't know what the word sedition was before Wed, you might be a little too uneducated to comment on issues. It's a common word I learned about in high school.

3. I will down vote and idiotic post any time I want. I don't give many of them, but here's another one.

A gif comes to mind when I think of you

Jan 11, 2021, 8:44 AM

Re: A gif comes to mind when I think of you

Jan 11, 2021, 9:14 AM

Weren't you crying about a TD? It doesn't get softer than that. You tried though, bud. Hey bro, here's another.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:18 AM

Jan 11, 2021, 10:10 AM

You tried. Adorable. You'll learn how to do it. Keep pluggin away. Practice makes perfect.

Don't worry, all your I wish I could go to the assassination

Jan 11, 2021, 9:26 AM [ in reply to so rogue hackers are now good ]

Posts are safe and secure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who said assassination?

Jan 11, 2021, 9:34 AM

share a link to a post that I made saying anything about assassination or even eluded to that happening at the DS event.

This is just slander. Move on you troll.

My bad.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:18 AM

You only wanted to go to protest the results of a democratic election. You had no idea some people were there to try and murder the VP and members of congress.

Point of order...

Jan 11, 2021, 10:25 AM [ in reply to who said assassination? ]

If it's written, it's libel.

I learned that from J Jonah Jameson.***

Jan 11, 2021, 10:29 AM

A lot of people bout to lose their jobs

Jan 11, 2021, 8:52 AM

They thought moving to Parler to spout their racism, xenophobia, homophobia, Nazism, and sedition would be anonymous.

Oops.

Good riddance.

What about the people on parler that weren't there to do

Jan 11, 2021, 8:58 AM

that? Are you going to lump them in?

Nope. Those people I feel bad for because now their

Jan 11, 2021, 8:59 AM

information is on the darkweb (I'm assuming).

Hopefully they won't lose their trailer.

I know this may come as a shock, but not everybody

Jan 11, 2021, 4:02 PM

lives in a trailer.

I doubt those people will lose their jobs.***

Jan 11, 2021, 9:01 AM [ in reply to What about the people on parler that weren't there to do ]

Re: A lot of people bout to lose their jobs

Jan 11, 2021, 9:01 AM [ in reply to A lot of people bout to lose their jobs ]

I like the way they've programmed you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is the epitome of what is

Jan 11, 2021, 9:05 AM

wrong with left leaning politics.

his stance with millions of others is that you either agree with me or you are a racist/bigot/xenophobe.

its funny how a dude of meager means finds his way to an elitist trash dump of politics. blows my mind. probably all of the free stuff he is getting.

On that No Fly list, I assume by “verified attendee...

Jan 11, 2021, 9:09 AM

...of the capital riot” they mean anyone who can be verified as to have trespassed in a federal building? I’m assuming mere attendance at a rally does not preclude one from flying?

null

mabye we should include everyone that voted for Trump

Jan 11, 2021, 9:13 AM

that'll learn 'em

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mabye we should include everyone that voted for Trump

Jan 11, 2021, 9:17 AM

I think you are missing the nuances.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:07 AM

I condemn the violence that occurred Wednesday very strongly and do believe Trump incited the violence. I wish he would resign. However, the social media moguls are using what happened, to be arbiters of speech. If the shoe were on the other foot and these same moguls were quite conservative, would you be ok with them shutting down the BLM from access to social media? How about Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam which has been condemned by the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League. This group has been labeled by these groups as a hate group? What would be your response if again these platforms were run by conservatives and banned any one or group that advocated for abortion rights or provided abortion services?

From Jonathan Turley- --"the social media companies were created as forums for speech. Indeed, they sought immunity on the false claim that they were not making editorial decisions or engaging viewpoint regulation.No one is saying that these companies are breaking the law in denying free speech. We are saying that they are denying free speech as companies offering speech platforms.

"If Pelosi demanded that Verizon or Sprint interrupt calls to stop people saying false or misleading things, the public would be outraged. Twitter serves the same communicative function between consenting parties; it simply allows thousands of people to participate in such digital exchanges. Those people do not sign up to exchange thoughts only to have Dorsey or some other internet overlord monitor their conversations and "protect" them from errant or harmful thoughts.

Much of our free speech today occurs on private sites like Twitter and Facebook. The Democrats want private companies to censor or label statements deemed misleading. Such a system would evade First Amendment conflict but it would have an even greater likely impact on free speech than direct government monitoring."

"Consider racial or gender discrimination. It would be wrong regardless if federal law only banned such discrimination by the government."The same is true for free speech"

I have never been on Parler. I don't use Twitter. I use Facebook only to purchase items not offered elsewhere. However, I can't fathom why the actions of Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg don't greatly concern everyone.

What's to keep Google from censoring gmail? Are you ok with that?

So the Ayatollah of Iran and Vladimir Putin are free to post--Very peaceful and nonviolent dudes?

For those of you who are ok with this, you could be next.

I do find it ironic to see folks invoking the "and then they

Jan 11, 2021, 11:27 AM

came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me" sentiment to describe private companies actively attempting to limit the spread of a fascist insurrection.

Edit to add, I'm not aiming that at just you, there's a lot of it going around.

Message was edited by: robertn®

Re: I do find it ironic to see folks invoking the "and then they

Jan 11, 2021, 12:19 PM

It's way more than just that. When I was on Facebook, I was temporarily shut down when I said Americans are trashy people. I was referring to how we tend to litter when compared to Canada and many European countries. I had to contest this and was readmitted to the good graces.

Who is in control of what is proper speech on these social media platforms?

Where does it stop? It doesn't.

Well it seems that the platforms are in charge of it.

Jan 11, 2021, 12:26 PM

You realize this site here is heavily moderated, with censoring for words like ##### etc.

The moderators are selective in their enforcement at times, but it’s still not “free speech”

Should the mods quit “censoring” posters that violate their rules?

Yes, becuase I want LBODS to be back***

Jan 11, 2021, 4:04 PM

Jan 11, 2021, 12:43 PM

I care about stopping violent insurrections cheered on by

Jan 11, 2021, 12:48 PM

the fascist the GOP installed as POTUS. There will be plenty of time for all of that.

It’s not that folks are “blinded by hatred” it’s that normal folks are wondering why the GOP is blind to hatred.

Re: I care about stopping violent insurrections cheered on by

Jan 11, 2021, 12:53 PM

We’ve been put in a tough spot here. Trumps trying to

Jan 11, 2021, 12:55 PM

start his own Isis, 40% of Republicans are cheering it on, and we’ve got two more weeks until he doesn’t control the military.

Re: We’ve been put in a tough spot here. Trumps trying to

Jan 11, 2021, 1:01 PM

There's no imagination required when it's being said and

Jan 11, 2021, 1:12 PM

repeated by the terrorists that make up Trump's core base.

I have no comment to the OP. None

Jan 11, 2021, 1:13 PM

I would like to comment on the replies. It's become obvious that some people in America are delighted that they have a social media platform which is nothing but an echo chamber. Is it all you dreamed it would be?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to Tigernet.com The Source for Clemson Sports Information

Jan 11, 2021, 1:20 PM

You consider P&R an echo chamber?

Jan 11, 2021, 3:12 PM

I'm not sure of your intent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The irony is strong here.***

Jan 11, 2021, 2:51 PM [ in reply to I have no comment to the OP. None ]

Jan 11, 2021, 2:38 PM

Ok, got it. Right wing extremism is bad and is to be crushed. I asked for an example of censorship of left leaning individuals or groups. What you got?

At this very moment, the Nation of Islam has some really informative tweets- from yesterday-" Those whose fingerprint are all over the virus are the very ones who are responsible for the vaccine." This would certainly appear to be false and misleading information and intended to agitate others and lead to mistrust of a tool to reign in this disease. That's all good?

The Communist Party USA is active on Twitter. Communism has had such a benevolent influence on humanity. This is all good?

My point is, if you're ok with shutting down what you consider fascists, are you ok with leaving foreign dictators, the Nation of Islam-(which routinely hates on Jews and Whites) and Communists free to spread their messages?

Anyone using social media is easily tracked by our government agencies. I would much prefer that everyone have the freedom to express themselves openly rather than what is obviously the arbitrary suppression of the right. Leave it to the government to monitor extremists and not allow "Little Brother"--social media to act as "Big Brother."

You’re talking about ideas, whereas the argument is about

Jan 11, 2021, 2:52 PM

incitements to violence. Violence that has already happened and all signs point to continuing.

This could all be quelled. There’s one person that could dump cold water on all of it, yet refuses to.

If “the right” ever wants to win an election again, they need to stop saying that this is silencing of “the right”

Facebook just banned Ron Paul

Jan 11, 2021, 3:03 PM

Newsmax is down. At some point, some of y'all are going to have to recognize the reality that this is going way further than some selective targeting of domestic terrorists, and it's going to make your life a lot shittier, as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said they were hoping the alligator would eat them last.

Jan 11, 2021, 3:15 PM

It's pretty clear they don't recognize that there is a gator on the scene.

FB banned Ron Paul?

Jan 11, 2021, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Facebook just banned Ron Paul ]

Wow....will love to hear the justification of this one.

Forgive the lowly, domestic terrorist source, as it just

Jan 11, 2021, 3:19 PM

happened:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ron-paul-facebook-blocked

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forgive the lowly, domestic terrorist source, as it just

Jan 11, 2021, 3:36 PM

Ok robertn--just ideas from Ron Paul--no violence advocated.

I beg to differ that Communism is just an idea. From the WSJ 11/2017-100 Years of Communism--and 100 Million Dead.

Yes, Ron Paul is quite the fascist? It would appear very possible that there is collusion between Big Tech and the shut down of Parler.

Now AMEX is joining other companies in suspending donations to lawmakers who did not support the certification Of Biden. Where were they when the Dems did the same thing? This is very dangerous.

This slippery slope is very slippery and growing steeper by the day.

XI 2024!***

Jan 11, 2021, 3:39 PM

Ron Paul is obviously a racist NAZI fascist.***

Jan 11, 2021, 3:38 PM [ in reply to FB banned Ron Paul? ]

Replies: 98
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic