Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Travis Etienne 329 yards shy of Priester’s record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,059

Travis Etienne 329 yards shy of Priester’s record

Nov 11, 2019, 2:05 PM

Has done it on nearly half Priester’s carries. Would love to see him break it vs the Coots in Columbia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Travis Etienne 329 yards shy of Priester’s record

Nov 11, 2019, 2:08 PM

Would love to see XT set the Willy-B sack record, whatever it is. Apparently a stadium sack record is extremely important to chicken fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Travis Etienne 329 yards shy of Priester’s record

Nov 11, 2019, 2:50 PM

At the end of last year, TE9 had 2,424 career yards. So, to set the record as a junior it would require at a minimum the second best rushing total for a season in Clemson History.

Pretty amazing that barring injury he will almost certainly have the most prolific 2 seasons back-to back in school history, all while playing only 2.5 quarters per game and having so few carries.

I know it is semi-blasphemous to say he might be better than CJ, but it might actually be true. What a great compliment to even be compared to CJ. Now if he can just start scoring on the wheel route like ole 28...

CJ spiller could do anything

Nov 11, 2019, 2:53 PM

Could you imagine CJ spiller with this offense around him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Spiller, but let's take off the Orange glasses for a

Nov 11, 2019, 3:25 PM

minute. He was not nearly the inside runner that ETN is, although he was probably slightly faster on top end speed. But really, who cares, you are talking the difference between Ferraris and Lamborghinis here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo talked about Spiller last week

Nov 11, 2019, 4:13 PM

I agree with Dabo. ETN is good, but Spiller was a one of a kind.

I agree. Inside ETN is a much better runner!***

Nov 11, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to I love Spiller, but let's take off the Orange glasses for a ]

Re: I agree. Inside ETN is a much better runner!***

Nov 11, 2019, 4:55 PM

Inside, ETN has an O-line Spiller would have killed for.

Imagine him getting 100 yards vs Wake

Nov 11, 2019, 2:09 PM

then getting 230 yards vs the yard birds, with the last 90 yards coming on a run late in the 3rd running over 2 defenders and out running 2 others, while scoring his 3rd TD in the process!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd likely have the record already...

Nov 11, 2019, 2:13 PM

if he was getting any significant carries in the 2nd half of games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

+1000 yards***

Nov 11, 2019, 3:46 PM

According to last year

Nov 11, 2019, 4:12 PM

Just to season the conversation… from this point in the season last year ETN ran for 582 yards and 9 touchdowns (Duke, USuck, ACC Champ, Domers, Bammer). If he simply repeated those #'s he would go for 1796 yards and 22 touchdowns this year. That would be incredible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,059
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic