Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
can BV make adjustments?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

can BV make adjustments?

Jan 2, 2021, 12:22 AM

teams are starting to realize that if you quick snap or call the play in from the sidelines you can seriously disrupt our defense. Hell.....Boston College did it to us this year. I think BV has benefitted from having a dominant dline that would cause havoc so it didn't really matter. just my thoughts.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can BV make adjustments?

Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 AM

I like his chances.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 1000%! Just having the D not down in stance

Jan 2, 2021, 12:32 AM

Or able to get their call/assignment early enough to understand and adjust.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:26 AM

Paul Johnson used to run his plays in from the sidelines and Venables flat out owned him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well to be fair

Jan 2, 2021, 12:34 AM

95% of the time he knew it was going to be a run. also, Gt didn't have elite level WR's scorching past his DB's. also, he had an unbelievably good dline getting constant penetration. that helps i guess.....

well that settles it***

Jan 2, 2021, 3:11 AM [ in reply to Re: can BV make adjustments? ]

This is the first game since he's been here that it was not

Jan 2, 2021, 12:26 AM

obvious that he made adjustments that worked in the 2nd half. But, Ohio State really won both lines of scrimmage, offensive and defensive. When that happens, you are in trouble, and we certainly were.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the first game since he's been here that it was not

Jan 2, 2021, 6:35 AM

they were very good at HOLDING for sure!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:27 AM

Need to recruit better LB's and do a better job of developing talent in the defensive backfield

yall gonna need more than that in Columbia***

Jan 2, 2021, 12:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:38 AM

Yes! I believe tomorrow he will start making adjustments by selecting a few people, including Dabo and himself to look through the high school Athletics database and find the highest evaluated position players on defense in the country. Then he is going toschedule a date to go to said players house to ask him if he would like to join our program as their talent and skills are sought after and desired on our team. I believe that’s how his adjustments will go. I could be wrong.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:38 AM

a7xgates said:

teams are starting to realize that if you quick snap or call the play in from the sidelines you can seriously disrupt our defense. ####.....Boston College did it to us this year. I think BV has benefitted from having a dominant dline that would cause havoc so it didn't really matter. just my thoughts.

Tonight sucked but we got some young pups all over both sides of the ball.

They are gonna grow up here shortly. The biggest question mark in my head is how is the Oline going to be next year?

We definitely need some maturation there quick or we're going to run into similar issues next year.

I agree

Jan 2, 2021, 1:26 AM

I think our dline will be fine, and I look forward to watching the young bucks progress. but there definitely needs to be some self evaluation within the defense this offseason.

BV was not afraid of Sermon

Jan 2, 2021, 1:22 AM

But minus Murphy, Patterson, Bresee, and Dirty Martini Skalski, the rest of the Defense sure was. It may be a drill and recruiting issue. Who has speed and wants to hit? Relatives need not apply without exceptional speed.

lol +1

Jan 2, 2021, 1:27 AM

for the "relatives need not apply" part

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic