Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Notre Dame announces capacity limits for football attendance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Notre Dame announces capacity limits for football attendance

Aug 31, 2020, 12:28 PM

Notre Dame announces capacity limits for football attendance

Notre Dame unveiled a student-centered ticket plan for its football season on Monday. They will have capacity limited to 20 percent or less for home football ga Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Notre Dame announces capacity limits for football attendance

Aug 31, 2020, 12:32 PM

I was expecting Clemson to take a more similar approach. Still not sure what I think about sticking the students in the South Upper Deck.....

Agree that this is what I'd have liked to see Clemson do***

Aug 31, 2020, 12:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Aug 31, 2020, 12:53 PM

I think students should have the first shot at tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As an alum and 30 year member of Iptay, I like this plan.***

Aug 31, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notre Dame announces capacity limits for football attendance ]

Aug 31, 2020, 12:43 PM

It will be interesting to me to see if Notre Dame allows students to sell or transfer their tickets.

I have been to Clemson/South Carolina games when students were required to show their student ID along with their student ticket to get into the stadium. That might be a good policy this year.

Of course that system is not perfect either. Back in the 70s a student we knew bought up 20 student tickets and 'borrowed' the student IDs for the Carolina game in Columbia. Friend of mine got one of the student tickets and was a bit unnerved to see he had become a black Clemson student just for that one day. When he went through the line presenting IDs and tickets the guy working the line said, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME." My buddy, said, "NO, that's really me." Ticket taker laughed and let him into the stadium in Columbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have been okay with that .

Aug 31, 2020, 12:57 PM

The students are the heart of the stadium on game day but I would havewanted them to commit to staying for the whole game.

Re: I would have been okay with that .

Aug 31, 2020, 3:16 PM

For those thinking clemson should have done this approach and wanting to give your tickets to students go for it. I’m a donor and glad I get tickets. Where does money come from on and off the field? Donors. Go ahead and make donors mad and see where the programs become. Students mostly go to socialize and show up late and leave early. No thanks! I’ve worked in college athletics, played and have many connections from people who have worked in them and played as well at high levels and lower levels. I don’t know it all but I know a lot of background things how things work. Most don’t.

Aug 31, 2020, 4:11 PM

You would actually be mad if they gave all the tickets to students? It's only for one season.

I also see that you didn't mention that you were a Clemson Grad, just a donor. As an alumnus my giving is 2:1 for the University Fund vs Iptay, so I really don't have a problems. Tack on my Will to Lead commitment and one season of Iptay funds is a drop in the bucket.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:31 PM

My dad went to clemson and been a life long member thanks. Many friends worked and played and coached there. Thanks. Doesn’t mean I’m less of a person. Yeah or sucks for students but we always can’t please. Clemson did a good job.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have been okay with that . ]

My dad went to clemson and been a life long member thanks. Many friends worked and played and coached there. Thanks. Doesn’t mean I’m less of a person. Yeah or sucks for students but we always can’t please. Clemson did a good job.

Aug 31, 2020, 1:56 PM

I know when I was a student I would have been very disappointed with this. But I never missed a kickoff or the end of a game either.

Aug 31, 2020, 4:30 PM

Good move by Notre Dame to prioritize students. They probably also realize that today's students are their future donors to both athletic and academic funds.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 9:33 PM

Students are future donors but this isn’t gonna hold them back. The time is now! We can’t worry about the future!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic