Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If they don't fire Muschamp this season...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

If they don't fire Muschamp this season...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:52 AM

Then he could be there for at least another couple of years. Their OOC schedule next year besides Clemson is Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, and Wofford. Never underestimate their ability to drop one of those games, but they certainly have a great chance of turning their current 1-2 OOC record from this season into 3-0 next season. If they're able to turn road losses against TN and Missouri into wins at home next season then they could be looking at a 7-5 season next year. I'm not sure if they'd fire him at 7-5 or not, but it wouldn't exactly get him off of the hotseat either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're losing most of what little offensive talent...

Nov 11, 2019, 11:06 AM

they do have.

Next year will be another struggle to win six games.

Likely losses include LSU, Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, and Clemson

Toss-up games against Vandy, Tennessee, Kentucky and Missouri.

The only likely wins are Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, and Wofford which means they'll have to win three of the four between Vandy, Tennessee, Kentucky and Missouri to get six wins, and I'd be willing to wager that they'll lose at least one of those if not two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree.***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:08 AM

Re: They're losing most of what little offensive talent...

Nov 11, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to They're losing most of what little offensive talent... ]

I think it was on Plyler's show recently they were discussing the coots' schedule next season.

They said it is very likely the coots could start the season 6-2 and finish 6-6.

If that's Muschamp leading the team again, then I think finishing with 4 straight losses would mean he is fired even though they should make a bowl game easily next year with the 3 guaranteed wins OOC.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to They're losing most of what little offensive talent... ]

Do you think 6-6 would be enough "progress" to give Muschamp another year though?

I certainly hope so!!!***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: They're losing most of what little offensive talent... ]

Probably not, but I would wonder what they'd do with 7-5 or 8-4? 8-4 doesn't seem likely, but if they actually beat the teams they should next year and win an additional one then maybe he's able to stay? Having a coach around for that long while he's firmly on the hotseat can be terrible for recruiting.

dang, it will take a WHOLE lot of money to entice any decent coach into taking over that mess. ***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to They're losing most of what little offensive talent... ]

Re: If they don't fire Muschamp this season...

Nov 11, 2019, 11:16 AM

3-1 OOC possible next season, not 3-1. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic