Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Must Eat Crow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I Must Eat Crow

Jan 8, 2019, 3:27 PM

I came to this board to express disgust with how the Kelly Bryant situation unfolded. While I still think he should have been the starter until he played himself out of the position, I must give credit to Trevor Lawrence and the Clemson coaching staff. I NEVER dreamed a true freshman could lead a team to a title without cracking under the pressure. While I think Clemson would have won the title with Bryant at QB, they made the right decision to go with Lawrence because this dude is that good. Clemson is now in position to overtake Bama as the best program in America, and that starts with having the right QB. Clemson has that guy. He has the right size, speed and intelligence to beat any team. Congrats on the title, it is well deserved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Must Eat Crow

Jan 8, 2019, 3:36 PM

No way we win with Bryant. The down field passing game is what worked. The arm strength and velocity and the placement of balls and reading of the defenses is what won it. I love Kelly too, but quit making excuses. We just won it, and killed them, with a true freshmen QB. #1 overall pick this year if he could come out. Bryanta not even close.

Jan 8, 2019, 3:36 PM

Maybe you should just let things play out instead of jumping off the cliff 1st..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 3:40 PM

We 100% wouldn't have beat Bama w/ KB. The only deep pass he would have hit is potentially the wide open Justyn Ross TD.

It's simple. Last year, Bama knew he couldn't throw. The stacked the box, blitzed every play, and completely dismantled our run game.

This year, they had to respect the pass and they still couldn't stop it!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kelly bryant is a punk #####

Jan 8, 2019, 3:42 PM

he should have stayed and got his ring and parlayed his fame into a career like Tajh Boyd.

He will crash and burn next year. I feel sorry for him, he had some really stupid influences in his ear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is like when John Adams went to Versailles...

Jan 17, 2019, 6:19 PM

You are not wrong... but jeeze dude. Why you gotta be so harsh?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 6:33 PM

"While I still think he (Kelly Bryant) should have been the starter until he played himself out of the position,"

He did play himself out the position. Coach Dabo said as much himself. For that particular week Trevor was the better quarter back.So he made a coaching decision to give his team the best chance to win.

Enjoy your crow and worm feed.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic