Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, I had this "discussion" with some coots on facebook.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

OK, I had this "discussion" with some coots on facebook.

Jan 8, 2014, 3:46 PM

I have good friend who is a Clemson fan, and he posted on Facebook a short synopsis of Clemson football's current and past history (BCS Bowl appearances and recent win, ACC Championships, National Title, etc.). He posted nothing about that other school in the state, just Clemson accomplishments and nothing derogatory. Well, a coot jumped in with the "high five" and told him to post something relevant to recent history and not about tainted titles.

Well, that got me to thinking. If our National Title is tainted, aren't their recent victories against us also tainted? They committed violations in 2009-2011 and are currently serving a 3 year probation. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't believe theirs or our violations had any relevance to the outcome of the games as they were won on the field. But they can't have it both ways.

Anyway, I posted something along those lines, and it started a firestorm from the coots. They just can't handle the truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can only dish it out, cannot handle the lack of respect***

Jan 8, 2014, 3:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Respect? Coots? Shirley, you jest.***

Jan 8, 2014, 6:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They chose to be coot fans

Jan 8, 2014, 3:49 PM

That pretty much tells you all you need to know. Good points though.

Tell them they should put an asterisk beside that 5 in a Row***

Jan 8, 2014, 3:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remind them that they are on probation until 2015

Jan 8, 2014, 3:51 PM

spend most of the past decade on probation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phallus fans refer to Clemson's 1981 National Championship

Jan 8, 2014, 3:55 PM

as "tainted" out of ignorance and envy.

There has never been one player (not one ever) on Clemson's National Championship team implicated in or even accused of any activity that would be even remotely considered a violation of NCAA rules.

Was Clemson gulty of NCAA rules violations in the late 70's. Absolutely. However, the two players who were primarily involved never actually enrolled in school or played a single down for Clemson University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Cofer and Minor, never enrolled or played a down.***

Jan 8, 2014, 4:05 PM

Correct - James Coffer and Terry Minor

Jan 8, 2014, 4:31 PM

who were former high school teammates in Knoxville, Tennessee. After they each reneged on the "letters of intent" they signed at Clemson and arguing for their release from these agreements, they went public with allegations they had been paid for their signatures

Cofer and Minor alleged they had been promised money and other inducements by Knoxville businessman and Clemson booster Tom Breazeale in exchange for agreeing to play for Clemson. After changing their minds, and attempting to sign with Tennessee, they were released from their ACC grants but the $EC ruled them ineligible to play for Tennessee or any other SEC school.

Cofer and Minor later filed a $12 million lawsuit against Clemson, Coach Ford, Clemson’s recruiting coordinator, Billy Ware, Tom Breazeale, The ACC , ACC Commissioner Bob James, and the SEC. Their attorney wasa former UT player and booster. The law suits were subsequently dismissed.

Clemson fully deserved the punishment handed out by the NCAA. However, the sanctions did not include the forfeiture of any games from 1981 because the two players never actually played.

Clemson boosters and two assistant coaches did do things that were in violation of NCAA rules in order to convince players to sign. Hopwever, there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that any players who may have received improper benefits were in any way responsible for the Tigers' success in 1981.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cofer and Minor, never enrolled or played a down.***

Jan 8, 2014, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Cofer and Minor, never enrolled or played a down.*** ]

Terry Minor eventually went on to play at both Louisiana Tech & Carson-Newman College. Not sure what ever happened to James Cofer. Needless to say they somewhat screwed themselves by attempting to jump ship and play for Tennessee. The SEC ruled that neither player would be eligible to play for an SEC team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phallus fans refer to Clemson's 1981 National Championship

Jan 8, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Phallus fans refer to Clemson's 1981 National Championship ]

BS. No players were named in the violations. Cofer and Miner's names were only known because of the civil suit. So you believe Charlie and Danny only paid players that did not come and play? Are you really that naive or just that self righteous.

Whatever helps you sleep at night princess

Jan 8, 2014, 4:52 PM

The NCAA crawled up into and through every Clemson orifice imaginable and found ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to support your deluded, self-serving and envious allegations.

Re: Whatever helps you sleep at night princess

Jan 8, 2014, 5:40 PM

Don't need help sleeping, Danny Ford and Charlie Pell never coached my program. I was around in the 80's and apparently know a lot more about what went on in both programs than you. Morrison (see, I am not the one with blinders) and Ford were out of control when it came to the rules. Fun guys to have a bourbon with though. Don't believe everything you hear. Talk to someone who spent some time close to the program in the late 70's and early 80's. If they are honest you will learn something.

Tommy Chaikin says "Hi " !! *****

Jan 8, 2014, 5:56 PM

null

Message was edited by: tiger49®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy Chaikin says "Hi " !! *****

Jan 8, 2014, 6:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_South_Carolina_steroid_scandal

and still, they lost to Navy. Bwah,ha,ha,ha,ha.***

Jan 8, 2014, 6:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Then please enlighten us all and provide proof***

Jan 9, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Whatever helps you sleep at night princess ]

You mean his own mindless rhetoric and wishful thinking....

Jan 9, 2014, 9:27 AM

aren't proof enough.

winnie the poop is stupid***

Jan 9, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Phallus fans refer to Clemson's 1981 National Championship ]

So what you're saying is that the players connected to our

Jan 8, 2014, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Phallus fans refer to Clemson's 1981 National Championship ]

violations never played while the players connected to USC's violations did play. Is that right?

I didn't read all the violations but it seemed like a lot of petty violations

Jan 8, 2014, 3:58 PM

You know the kind of stuff that is keeping Kentucky at the bottom of the SEC because they refuse to step their NCAA violations game up.

Ever seen ESPN's 30 for 30 episodes...

Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 PM

... the story of former Oklahoma RB Marcus Dupree, "The U", or "Pony Excess"?

There are a number of "Top" programs which, historically, recruit with a different set of rules/boundaries than everyone else.

Think Cam Newton's recruitment to Auburn was done without an exchange of cash? Well, the money trail couldn't be found, but his father mysteriously found the revenue to support his church building/renovations. The NCAA's investigation basically ended with a statement that there was *not sufficient evidence* that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn had any knowledge of Cecil Newton's actions. That's not exactly vindication.

Knowing and trusting Clemson University will not cut corners only solidifies the pride that comes with integrity.

It's the harder path, but it's the right path. It makes wins like the BCS Orange Bowl all the more sweeter.

Re: I didn't read all the violations but it seemed like a lot of petty violations

Jan 8, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to I didn't read all the violations but it seemed like a lot of petty violations ]

Tell em Coot,

Love,

BC Inabinet

You should remind them of their tainted title from

Jan 8, 2014, 4:06 PM

the 60s after they got probation for the athletic director paying players (football and basketball) from a slush fund. I think SMU got the death penalty for less.

Re: You should remind them of their tainted title from

Jan 8, 2014, 4:19 PM

The best thing to tell coots is how stupid they are. And as long as they keep putting their stupidity in writing, there will always be proof of just how stupid they really are.

Re: You should remind them of their tainted title from

Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to You should remind them of their tainted title from ]

They seem to forget their Black Magic = STEROIDS seasons!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They can thank a former Clemson alum for saving

Jan 8, 2014, 4:36 PM [ in reply to You should remind them of their tainted title from ]

their arises, too.

Re: They can thank a former Clemson alum for saving

Jan 8, 2014, 6:31 PM

Former alum, is that one of those guys like ole Buck that got disassociated?

Re:Well , he is deceased.***

Jan 8, 2014, 6:47 PM

Re:Well , he is deceased.***

Jan 9, 2014, 8:11 AM

So he can't be an alum any more. I thought Clemson was a family. You disown family members when they die?

Despite the asterisk on our title, they can't touch our history***

Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 PM

There is no asterisk on our title***

Jan 8, 2014, 4:33 PM

In regards to the violations in 1981

Jan 8, 2014, 4:28 PM

year. The focus surround two players that NEVER were enrolled or played a down of football. So IMHO their violations are worse.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: In regards to the violations in 1981

Jan 8, 2014, 5:43 PM

Pull that list of violations and explain how Cofer and Miner could possibly have been the only 2 players involved. By the way, who would you say was a bigger violator, Pell or Ford?

Hwy winnie, er, coot...

Jan 8, 2014, 5:48 PM

Ya'll keep saying that history doesn't matter, so what's got you digging into years that "don't exist in a coot mind"?

Re: Hwy winnie, er, coot...

Jan 8, 2014, 5:53 PM

Not digging, knew a lot of boosters on both sides.

Jan 8, 2014, 6:00 PM

So you were aware of the rampant steroid use and the SI investigation that landed your school on the cover of SI.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2014, 6:23 PM

I don't deny our steroid issues in the mid 80's, do you deny yours. A little difference was we had already fired our AD for slack drug policies before that story broke. I won't mention what had to happen in Pickens county before the NCAA came in to discuss steroids. By the way, which of Chaikin's allegations(who was paid for his interview) were proven by the NCAA? We could go back and forth like this for a while, all though I seem to know more facts, but the truth is both schools have skeletons in the closet and both schools have fans that want to blow off their own transgressions and point fingers.

I KNOW Chaikin's allegations are true.

Jan 9, 2014, 10:09 AM

My wife's college roommate was George Hyder's sister. I met and talked to George. I have been to George's parents house and talked to his mom. Even though George and his parents are gone now, my wife and his sister are still friends and talk to each other all the time.

Goes back to Charlie Pell, not Ford, as well.

Jan 9, 2014, 8:20 AM [ in reply to In regards to the violations in 1981 ]

Is why we kept the NC and why Ford remained coach.

Coots will never tell those facts, though.

Re: Goes back to Charlie Pell, not Ford, as well.

Jan 9, 2014, 9:30 AM

No, most Gamecock fans agree it went back to Pell. It's Clemson fans who say it was only Cofer and Minor and they never mentioned Pell, only Ford.

I guess this didn't happen

Jan 9, 2014, 9:53 AM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University_steroid_scandal

Because everything on Wiki is "fact" especially when...

Jan 9, 2014, 10:18 AM

...it is written by a coot.

Authored by: 08:49, 28 August 2011? GarnetAndBlack (talk | contribs)?

Tainted Championship

Jan 9, 2014, 10:03 AM

Wasn't Clemson the reason the death penalty started? The c0cks don't have much history, but Clemson's 33 year old National tital may be the most tainted championship in history.

Ehl oh ehl***

Jan 9, 2014, 10:12 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tainted 5 win streak?

Jan 9, 2014, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Tainted Championship ]

in days past, a repeat offender, such as yourself, would not be allowed on TV or bowl game participation.

You guys are lucky that two teams turned down the sec invite and they had to settle on you so you benefit from the espn love fest to keep cheating teams from being punished as in days past.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most tainted "what's in your wallet" bowl ever

Jan 9, 2014, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Tainted Championship ]

A team on probation, couldn't make a BCS bowl, lost to two unranked teams, and still ended up #4 by benefiting from BCS teams who lost their bowl game.

Learn your history

Jan 9, 2014, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Tainted Championship ]

The death penalty was actually handed out in 1952 to the University of Kentucky and in 1973 to Southwest Louisiana. The death penalty to SMU was given to them because of repeat violations. At that time they had been on probation a total of 7 times.

Both schools

Jan 9, 2014, 10:20 AM

Have had their day in the NCAA spot light. Clemson pointing their finger at the c0cks or vise versa is just plain crazy. Like inmates compairing who comitted a bigger crime.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic