Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Just Seen on FOX News Where Netflicks has a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 620

I Just Seen on FOX News Where Netflicks has a

Aug 27, 2020, 5:57 PM

"Black Live Matter" collection. Good lord. You know what I'ma do?

I'm going to move on with my life and keep watching my favorite shows on Netflix because my righteous indignation is neither impressive nor persuasive. If I were to succumb to emotional whims that would allow innocuous social statements to influence my life, then I would be, by definition, a snowflake.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is a show on Bounce

Aug 27, 2020, 6:02 PM

called Colored Girls

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

A+ quality post***

Aug 27, 2020, 6:03 PM

Contrary to what today's youth believe...

Aug 27, 2020, 7:02 PM [ in reply to there is a show on Bounce ]

that was the most polite way to address blacks during and before the mid 1960.

Negro was also used by blacks during that time too. Some even used the 'N,' word as I recall from one early fall morning. My grandmother lived on the midline of the whites and blacks neighborhoods and ran a general type neighborhood store there.

The closest distance to school from her house was down a side street on which my black friends lived the across a creek which had a wooden walking bridge. I often walked to school with them after local black leaders and residents lost the legal battle deciding that their children would attend school with whites and shut down Campbell High.

That morning, Doug Sanders caught my attention as I passed 'Holeup.' I waited for him at his cousin's mailbox, he's spent the night there, and we walked together. A couple more friends came out and met us joining in the insult slinging at one another as boys that age will do.

Lawrence Hanks yelled out his window. 'Y'all wait up.' Doug, I believe, said 'You betta hurry at blackasz up, 'N!' Lawrence screamed, 'You betta put 'row,' on the end of it, boy,' to which Doug said 'I put row on the end of it.'

Some old lady stepped to the front of her porch and said, 'He ain't put no row on the end of it, I hearded it!' ...and people on both sides of the street came onto their porches to see about the stirring. There I stood, one of the group who would come close to passing for a white boy as the entire street got involved in a racial insult ruckus.

I's like, '###,' but all I said over and over was, 'It wadn't me'...cause, ###.

I think that might have been 1965-6 but the date wasn't my most prominent memory of that day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds a lot like my interracial crew back in 1984

Aug 27, 2020, 7:38 PM

Those were good times. We had a lot adventures.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh chit.

Aug 27, 2020, 8:11 PM

Maybe I was token back then. All I know is that the white boys hated me especially the football players. Something about girls, I reckon.

One morning we stepped through the lower hall exterior door on the way to home room and a group of players were waiting on me there. I was accused of walking Sharon, GF of linemen Greg Thompson and they all looked mad as hail.

Usually, my fright didn't show. I could BS my way through some conflicts and handle myself if there had to be a fight. However, only a few of the 'boys,' were close enough to me to know what was happening. After chitting my pants I heard Daniel Jordan's booming voice in the doorway behind me. 'Wtph is goin on here now?'

Daniel was one of my black friend's big brother, and I stress big, especially for a highschool kid. At about 6'4 or so and 260 lbs he was as big as any two linemen on the team and generally as gentile as a lamb except that time came to the sockhop and found me dancing with his baby sister, Mary Jane. :)

Daniel said, "Y'all all can whup #####'s asz but it's gonna be one at a time. Dat what you boys want?" Seems that wasn't what they wanted so they mossied away and I walked Sharon home again that afternoon while Greg was sweating his asz off on the football field.

I spent several summers at Fannie Mama's house and played with that crew growing up. I ate supper with the Jordans and the Sanders cause Doug Sanders' little sister didn't stay little long and was a dead ringer for Diana Ross. Pookie, their big brother ended my dreams with a look one day.

I got brave with Daniel watching my back and talked a lot of chit then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Just Seen on FOX News Where Netflicks has a

Aug 27, 2020, 6:17 PM

some good movies/shows in the collection

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just saw this yesterday because I never use

Aug 27, 2020, 6:32 PM

Either you watch all those movies or you're a racist...

Aug 27, 2020, 6:34 PM

or you can raise a clenched fist like me and lie out of it.

Re: Either you watch all those movies or you're a racist...

Aug 27, 2020, 6:39 PM

I'ma put em on using the PS and shut off the TV and...

Aug 27, 2020, 7:05 PM

retire or change back to TV viewing and watch the POTUS inauguration speech. I know this stuff. Far as I'm concerned my brainwashing is finished.

There's not a whole lot of radical political undertones in

Aug 27, 2020, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Either you watch all those movies or you're a racist... ]

much of it. Most of the shows in the list that I've seen just have strong black representation among characters and show some mistreatment among black folks. Nothing revolutionary. There's not a bunch of Malcolm X stuff going on.

Re: There's not a whole lot of radical political undertones in

Aug 27, 2020, 7:08 PM

I saw 'Dear White People, a few years back and gave it a good report in the lunge so you know I'll lie. Actually, I enjoyed it. It didn't insult intelligence and it expressed views which I was mostly familiar with.

All this political chit when I'm just looking for entertainment ain't gonna float with me.

Replies: 12
| visibility 620
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic