Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypocrites rarely know they are hypocrites.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Hypocrites rarely know they are hypocrites.

Oct 23, 2013, 11:07 AM

If you think Dabo's comments about being able to beat FSU 5 out of 10 times after getting destroyed 52-14 at home are acceptable, then you just might be one of those hypocrites.

Based on what I have seen on Tigernet, probably all of you would freak out if Spurrier said anything half that stupid. Speculating on beating a team is something a coach should never do. Speculating on beating a team that just beat you is something you should obviously never do. Speculating that you could beat a team just as often as they beat you, AFTER they killed you AT HOME, is downright irresponsible and stupid for a Head Coach.

If you can't see that, you might want to consider if you are capable of criticizing Dabo on anything. You can still support a coach and condemn a single action. People who can't are the ones who often make great suckers for political parties and candidates.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's all right we will forgive you

Oct 23, 2013, 11:13 AM

Do you know anyone (other than yourself of course (check your batteries)) that is a hypocrite? As my dad used to reply when told the church was full of hypocrites, "Well come on anyway, we have room for one more."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's all right we will forgive you

Oct 23, 2013, 11:20 AM

I don't know anything for sure, I guess. But I have reason to believe that, despite my own hypocrisies, there are some "worse" ones floating around on this message board; ones that feed a negative, but avoidable, perception of our program.

And I know you probably were not intending this, but it sorta looked like you were comparing Dabo to Jesus. ;)

Be careful, you'll get banned for stating

Oct 23, 2013, 11:17 AM

The unpopular truth on here. Nobody wants to hear it. They love sunshine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, you make an excellent point. Imagine Lou Holtz

Oct 23, 2013, 11:18 AM

saying the same thing after 63-17. He'd have been "land blasted" by Tigers fans.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I would have

Oct 23, 2013, 11:22 AM

have railed against Louser if he had said anything like that. I would have made signs, t-shirts and put a sign in his yard mocking him. And it would be justified.

But all the Tiger fans who are defending this particular comment from Dabo, would have to hold their tongue to avoid hypocrisy. Would they?

I'm certainly not going to defend Dabo for what he said, but

Oct 23, 2013, 11:30 AM

I'm not going to get too overly critical of him for it either. He's just the eternal optimist, and he's going to say a lot of silly stuff as head coach of Clemson. He's like our Yogi Berra. Lots of Dabo-isms will be spoken.

Now, I am extremely critical of him for his coaching. 2-3 vs FSU with two ugly games in a row. Unacceptable. 0-4 vs the coots, every one of them being 10+ pt losses, with us only being in the game once (last year). That's unacceptable.

That's what I will be critical of Dabo for.

Understandable. Though its hard to ignore the overall

Oct 23, 2013, 11:34 AM

progress of the program under Dabo. It's just those two flaws, being susceptible to shocking blowouts out of nowhere, and being totally inept against Spurrier that torture me.

Not sure how much longer those two flaws will last or survive.

Re: Understandable. Though its hard to ignore the overall

Oct 23, 2013, 11:39 AM

it will last/survive as long as the fans accept it

some fans seem to value ACC championships more than beating SCar...........others are the other way around

personally i'd take 11-1 beating USC but giving FSU the ACC and go the sugar every single year

there's a NUMBER........it just varies depending on what fan you talk to

Because of recent history, I would gladly trade losing to

Oct 23, 2013, 11:43 AM

FSU to beating SCAR. If we beat SCAR, I will wear Dabo PJ's.

I could definitely live with that***

Oct 23, 2013, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Understandable. Though its hard to ignore the overall ]

Hey Hipocrite...

Oct 23, 2013, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Understandable. Though its hard to ignore the overall ]

How about just accepting that at this point in time, both of those programs you mentioned are at least equal, no, probably better than ours. It's unfortunate, but sometimes this is going to be the case. There is NO hypocrisy in seeing, as you stated, the obvious change/improvement in our program as of late.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Hipocrite...

Oct 23, 2013, 11:51 AM

Is this a reply to me? I can't tell from reading your post exactly what part of my posts you take issue with. I was only criticizing the 5 out of 10 comment and those defending it.

True, but FSU and USuC are our two biggest measuring sticks

Oct 23, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Understandable. Though its hard to ignore the overall ]

at Clemson. One is our division rival and the team we compete with for the division title. And the other is our biggest rival. We clearly need to be beating these teams at a clip better than 50%.

I agree. Hopefully we beat SCAR from now on. FSU is a scary

Oct 23, 2013, 11:58 AM

monster though. Not sure if we can expect to beat them more than 50% of the time. But I certainly won't fault anyone for higher expectations than mine.

Re: That's exactly what I was thinking. I would have

Oct 23, 2013, 1:05 PM [ in reply to That's exactly what I was thinking. I would have ]

you sir are correct on everything you have said. I have said and been called a coot here for saying we all need to be more realistic. you can still love your school and program and coaches without being delusional. thanks for your post, it could not have been said better.

It comes down to being self-aware/intelligent

Oct 23, 2013, 11:32 AM

Some people are, some are not.

If you think all is defined in ONE game then you know little

Oct 23, 2013, 11:49 AM

about football

Re: If you think all is defined in ONE game then you know little

Oct 23, 2013, 11:54 AM

Um... ok. I agree? There is nothing in my post to indicate I thought one game defined everything.

Re: Hypocrites rarely know they are hypocrites.

Oct 23, 2013, 12:04 PM

I honestly think that the people hanging on Dabo's every word should find something better to do with their time instead of making themselves look foolish on a forum.

There's no logic with sunshine pumpers.***

Oct 23, 2013, 2:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hypocrites rarely know they are hypocrites.

Oct 23, 2013, 5:13 PM

look as usc or Carolina or scu or what ever you call them. as long as they win, most of their fans will sale their souls. they can care less what scu's coach says or does. I suspect it will work the same way for dobo.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic