Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Howdy Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Howdy Tigers

Oct 7, 2018, 10:34 AM

I know it was weeks ago we played, but thought you'd enjoy this report from Aggieland.

It was clear we enjoyed hosting you guys more. I had a Clemson family sit next to me in the alumni section when we played. The Aggies that has those season ticket seats have some Clemson neighbors in Houston. And they were cool, gave me a $2 bill at the end of the game. Last night, other Aggies around me commented to the season ticket holder Aggies who gave their tickets to their Clemson neighbors that they enjoyed hosting them as well (so it just wasn't me).

Kyle Field was electric again, much like when you guys visited, night game as well... and loud. Kentucky beat Florida, who beat LSU yesterday. And we are looking forward to finally beating LSU in SEC play at Thanksgiving this year. We've beat everyone we've played in the SEC (including Bama) at least once, except LSU. And since Texas pulled it out against OU earlier yesterday it was important for recruiting to also win yesterday. Kentucky is for real; so simply, it was important to our team to level-set on where we are at. You should take solace in that as well - it's looking more and more each week that you beat a solid Aggie squad a few weeks ago, "the best 2 loss team out there".

Well, setting that scene, I can say I was a bit disappointed with the Kentucky fans as compared to our experience hosting you guys. Almost wish our series was permanent. Kentucky fans traveled well, still probably the edge to the Clemson faithful in terms of sheer numbers. We saw many mingling in at tailgates, but again, to a lesser extent than Clemson. Clemson fans who traveled to Aggieland were more about taking it all in; including Midnight Yell, March In, and other things that are of course "Aggie" but fun for any college football fan to take in. Kentucky fans tended to stick to themselves relative to Aggie traditions. No biggie, overall there are probably fewer rabid Kentucky fans than Clemson given histories of success.

But where the disappointment really came in was inside Kyle Field. Your fans were into it, it was easy to see knew the game, and more importantly how to be great guests. Last night, however, there was a good roughing the passer call going in our favor (hands and forearm clearly hit our QB in the upper chest and neck after he threw the ball when watched at home on replay). We heard their boo birds loud and clear for a good minute. Excusable though, since fans get "pack mentality" at the games sometimes, and we are relying on the in-stadium replay to judge. But, man, what got me was the loud "Go Big Blue" chants from the entire Kentucky stands as one of our players was down and being tended to by trainers. That's like Fan Manners 101.

Overall no major issues (except the chanting when a player was down) and it was a fun night, similar to when you guys visited. But our tussle just had "something more"; your fans seemed more excited to be there, to mingle, to take it all in and more importantly, knew the game and how to be great guests in the stands.

Good luck the rest of the season, Gig 'em and Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx AG93...

Oct 7, 2018, 11:35 AM

Well done & well taken. And, We commend you & Team on getting a super win in the sec over a really good Wildcat team..and thx too for taking them out of the unbeaten ranks!!

C U in Death Valley#1 next year but Gig’em some Death Valley#2 (LSU) in the meantime! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing. +1***

Oct 7, 2018, 11:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Wrong venue... This ain't your AA meeting. ;~)***

Oct 7, 2018, 11:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Howdy Tigers

Oct 7, 2018, 11:47 AM

Thanks for sharing. :)

...or maybe it is... New meeting place? ...(See above)***

Oct 7, 2018, 11:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking forward to hosting you guys next year. Have a

Oct 7, 2018, 11:54 AM

great rest of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking forward to hosting you guys next year. Have a

Oct 7, 2018, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the comparison. Your 2 losses are to top 3 teams. No shame there and wish your team sucess the rest of the way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 1:04 PM

Thanks for the update and hope you win out, especially Saturday. Hoping all 72 get playing time, but none do to injury. lol

Oct 7, 2018, 1:11 PM

I gotta say- watching that Clemson- Texas A&M game on TV was magical. Wish we had been there to take it all in. Kyle Field looks like a GREAT place to be for anyone who loves college football. We were so impressed with the fans who were IN IT and knew all those cool cheers and rituals. That's part of what makes college football such a great sport to follow.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm thrilled that your experience with Clemson fans was so good. It would be great if we could return the favor and host y'all in Death Valley at some point.

By the way, I am NOT a Jimbo Fisher fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I really hope he and his coaching staff will continue to bring success to your program. We all know some SEC team needs to topple King Saban and still the Tide. Maybe one of these days, it will be Texas A&M.

Oct 7, 2018, 1:16 PM

Well said, yes we deal with all that. Syracuse players celebrated when our QB was down. Just wait until you travel to Carolina ( gamecocks) for a game. It’s a hillbilly yuck fest.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

Oct 8, 2018, 2:48 PM

Thanks for your insight.You are a gentleman and a scholar.Taking the liberty of speaking for everyone in the Clemson world,please feel free to pulverize our arch-rivals into the chicken-feed that they really are,each and every time you meet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 8, 2018, 4:04 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to College Station! The Aggie fans were great. I shared a little ribbing with a recent grad behind me. He made a comment about who would name their kid Dabo. I explained it was a younger brother trying to say Dat Boy and pointed out you now have a Jimbo. His friend all laughed! Met a great couple from Dallas at dinner in Bryan and invited them to call me if they can come to Clemson next year. Good luck for the rest of your season! Especially against the Coots (Gamecocks)!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 6:02 PM

Thank you for such kind words!!!

Oct 8, 2018, 6:08 PM

I have a lot of friends who are Aggie graduates .... all great people. I will say that if you play everyone else like you played us, I don't think you lose another game. Unfortunately, you may have used your best game on us, but let's hope not. Play the SCar Coots like you did us and you win by three TD's. I suggest that you keep your "A" game in your pocket for someone else and beat them with your "C" game by 10 points.

Oct 8, 2018, 6:21 PM

I hope you guys beat the snot out of USuC!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic