Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott

Dec 8, 2019, 8:53 PM

I told you earlier it looked like there was a lot of validity to the rumors of Scott heading to South Florida. It's gaining steam and it seems like it's simply about signing a contract and doing due diligence.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott

Dec 8, 2019, 8:54 PM

Any word on if any of the staff will join him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 8:55 PM

Ugh. I like Jeff Scott and he's one heck of a recruiter.

Thanks for the update David!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy works for CBS Tampa

Dec 8, 2019, 8:56 PM

Pretty much confirming it.
https://twitter.com/Ry_Bass/status/1203849220119248896

Dec 8, 2019, 8:56 PM

Does he coach the playoffs

Dec 8, 2019, 9:01 PM

When an assistant accepts a HC job somewhere else , it's usually in everyone's best interest to move on once the announcement is made. It's hard to focus on two jobs at the same time and do good with either one if them.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:13 PM

Yep - and your mind is on the future job ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

The biggest part of this is the recruiting.

Dec 8, 2019, 9:01 PM

Jeff is an A+ recruiter w excellent relationships in Florida. I’m hoping Coach Swinney replaces him w a person that has same type relationships in Florida.

Wonder if Brad retires now as well? I’m sure he has helped Jeff over the years in terms of nurturing those relationships throughout Florida.

IMO this is the biggest loss to our staff Dabo has had in his career at Clemson.

Proud of what Jeff accomplished at Clemson and I am sure he will succeed at USF before landing a bigger job.

Re: The biggest part of this is the recruiting.

Dec 8, 2019, 9:16 PM

For what it's worth, Todd Bates has been incredible the last 2 years on the recruiting trails. He was in Florida so he has great contacts there as well.

I think we'll continue to do well. Our biggest thing now is selecting the right individuals to join in as we have more interest that spots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How will this affect our current recruiting class?***

Dec 8, 2019, 9:03 PM

Re: How will this affect our current recruiting class?***

Dec 9, 2019, 6:32 AM

Slim to none. Guys are coming here for our brand, to play for NCs and our culture. This will affect us down the road but not yet. Just keep winning

Good for him

Dec 8, 2019, 9:03 PM

Best of luck to Jeff Scott in everything!

Dec 8, 2019, 9:05 PM

We'll miss any of our dedicated team that seems like family, but that's kinda the idea... grow and make more just like yourself!
Just imagine if every team we played grew and did things the right way like Coach Scott has done under CDS - We'd see great football, but, more importantly, we'd see great men coming out of each program that everyone would be proud to call their son,

Dec 8, 2019, 9:09 PM

Hate to see him go, but I would be shocked if he left before this years run was completed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 9:14 PM

Dabo has a special talent for recruiting coaches to Clemson as well as players. It will be interesting to see who he selects to be the next Tiger super coach. Good luck to Scott ... and welcome new guy.

I agree with the poster above

Dec 8, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

Dec 8, 2019, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

Selfishly I hate to see it too but hard to imagine Sabo letting him stay. Hard to be ALL IN with your mind on your new opportunity. Good luck Jeff!

Dec 8, 2019, 10:30 PM

It’s ok . Everything is cool between Sabo and Jeff .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 10:45 PM

Yep. Good ole Sabo.

Good for him. Now there's nothing hold Tony back from

Dec 8, 2019, 9:11 PM

unleashing holy offensive hell on the Buckeyes. Jeff would've shown them mercy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If true, Jeff will probably only be the first domino to

Dec 8, 2019, 9:12 PM

fall. And, it's a big domino. He is a major recruiter for us, especially in the state of Florida. USF will be getting a fine coach and a finer man. But, In Dabo I Trust. He has had a succession plan in place for at least a couple years, I'll bet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If true, Jeff will probably only be the first domino to

Dec 8, 2019, 9:15 PM

There won't be any dominos to fall only if you mean the mountains of domino's pizza consumed at our CFP party and the NC party early next year.

Booo! What's wrong with you? You can't report the truth? >:)

Dec 8, 2019, 9:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucks to see Scott go but Streeter's ready

Dec 8, 2019, 9:22 PM

He's already been the recruiting coordinator ( Scott's former job ) and we've had some of our best classes ever. Put him on the headsets and let's get it.

<###### width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/M0wF0PXA2Wg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Re: Sucks to see Scott go but Streeter's ready

Dec 9, 2019, 8:45 AM

Couldn’t agree more. BIG loss in recruiting, but Streeter is ready. Only question is who coaches the WR’s...

Dec 9, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Sucks to see Scott go but Streeter's ready ]

Couldn’t agree more. BIG loss in recruiting, but Streeter is ready. Only question is who coaches the WR’s...

Dec 9, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Sucks to see Scott go but Streeter's ready ]

Dec 8, 2019, 9:26 PM

Now you know why Dabo and Elliott were saying stop and smell the roses

Recruiting is one thing with a PAW on your shirt.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:05 PM

I don't know that he's as effective with management of a program, etc.

Program is bigger than him. We will be ok.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting is one thing with a PAW on your shirt.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:25 PM

Dec 8, 2019, 10:07 PM

Absolutely and utterly ringing with excitement for Jeff and his family. He will do outstanding down there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 8, 2019, 10:23 PM

Brad Scott is likely to join Jeff and serve as his Woody McCorvey.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:32 PM

The Big question is who is going to coach the wide receivers at WRU?

Dec 9, 2019, 7:13 AM

I have absolutely no inside information, but Xavier Dye was a grad assistant for several years before joining the staff at WVU last year as WR coach. Given Dabo's penchant for hiring "in-house," I wouldn't be surprised to see XD return to CU. Timing seems right.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:31 PM

Congratulations Jeff ! Go get um... We’re proud of you !

Dec 9, 2019, 12:25 AM

If Scott goes to USF when he is recruiting players and comes across a P5 player that does not want to go to a G5 team. Will he refer him to Dabo? Just a thought.

Dec 9, 2019, 3:13 AM

A few years for Jeff Scott at USF and then on to an even better job...FSU or something.

USF CAN be a destination job - BUT - they gotta get

Dec 9, 2019, 8:54 AM

into a Power 5 . . . . . or the whole landscape of college football can change.

They have Power 5 facilities (and are improving them significantly right now) and they have a reasonable (but I really hate it) stadium in using Raymond James . . . . and they have a HUGE alumni base.

Mark it down - Jeff Scott will do extremely well here - as long as he has the support of his family - because it is going to take an enormous effort & time.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

We must retain Streeter. Promote him and let's go.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:39 AM

Good luck, Coach Scott. Hope he's wildly successful.

I don't see that panning out well for him IMO

Dec 9, 2019, 8:48 AM

Jeff is a great OC and recruiter.

It's a big step from coordinator to HC. A step that many fall flat on their face making (look no further than Cola for that)

He's about to leave a VERY well paying job with minimal stress for the exact opposite (I don't know the terms of the contract, but he's making bank with Dabo).

I believe this is a leverage tool for more money for him and Tony.

I guess we shall see if I"m wrong or not

I like your funny words magic man

I'm guessing he'll make 2 to 3 times more at USF . . .

Dec 9, 2019, 8:55 AM

$2.5 to $4 LARGE . . . . to start.

And after 3 years, with some success, will be 25 to 50% more on top of that.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Not sure about that.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:59 AM

Strong's contract was 2 mil in year 4. Jeff is already making 1 mil now as an OC with a lot less work.

Maybe he has those aspirations to be a HC. I just think he's in a good spot now to wait until the right job comes up. I don't think USF is the right job.

App state or Memphis would be a great next stop for him, or a crappier D1A if he wants to brand himself as a program builder.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

NOT quite - lol . . . .

Dec 9, 2019, 9:11 AM

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/10/22/usfs-charlie-strong-set-to-make-5-million-this-season/

Strong made $5 mil in 2019 and was set to make $2.6 in 2020 & 2.7 in 2021.

From this link: https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/usf-vows-urgency-will-find-best-fit-hiring-charlie-strongs-replacement

"Strong signed a five-year, $9.8 million deal with USF in December 2016 following his firing as head coach at the University of Texas. He made $5 million this season, including a $2.5 million retention bonus, and was set to make $2.6 million in the fourth year of the contract and $2.7 million in the fifth year."

NO DOUBT the HC job is WAY more intense & time consuming & pressure PACKED.

USF has TONS of potential and nearly no history other than the starting of the program by Jim Leavitt - but in no way is Leavitt REVERED . . . . so Jeff can REALLY put HIS stamp on the program.

And his Dad is from Arcadia & went to USF and they KNOW Florida.

And Tampa is an awesome place to live.

He may get there and do a great job and make a ton of money

Dec 9, 2019, 9:16 AM

I just see the downside weighing heavier than the upside.

But you can bet his dad will be there to help as well.

IF Jeff has his sights on being a HC, I don't see a much

Dec 9, 2019, 9:59 AM

better opportunity.

He could go smaller school & build up . . . . if he is really good - might take him 2 to 5 years to get a shot at a Power 6 (not that THAT is really a thing, but that is what the AAC calls themselves) job next.

Here - he steps right in & can really set the standard where there really is no standard yet. In a warm climate, football talent hot bed, near the water (but he may be a mountain guy - who knows), going back to his family's roots kinda place.

I also see his Dad going with him . . . to be close to the grandkids, to help with USF, to go back "home" (although he may not consider the area "home" any more)

Good conversation - HATE it is about us losing Jeff Scott - but still good conversation.

G O T I G E R S ! ! ! !

BEAT THE nut necklaces ! ! !

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic