Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many playoff appearances for the TIgers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

How many playoff appearances for the TIgers

Feb 10, 2021, 11:09 PM

if Clemson was in the SEC or the Big Ten? Or for that matter, if the ACC had teams like FSU, Miami, UNC, that were competitive on a national basis? Is six straight playoff appearances somewhat hollow since it is so easy to get into the CFP from the ACC?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many playoff appearances for the TIgers

Feb 10, 2021, 11:14 PM

Two Natty's are legit and set the TIgers apart from anyone other than Alabama but it always is a guarantee that we will be in the playoff due to poor competition. Even Notre Dame is a joke when they get on a national stage in games that really count.

I've never seen stupidity posted twice, back to back***

Feb 10, 2021, 11:36 PM

Re: I've never seen stupidity posted twice, back to back***

Feb 11, 2021, 12:04 AM

Post again and you will for the first time!

Re: I've never seen stupidity posted twice, back to back***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:58 AM [ in reply to I've never seen stupidity posted twice, back to back*** ]

You now have!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Re: How many playoff appearances for the TIgers ]

No way these posts comes from a "long time Tiger". Just can't figure out what SEC program you actually follow but it has the pathetic stench of fried coot to almost everyone on this board who has read your buffoonery.

MODS!!!!

Feb 11, 2021, 8:40 AM

Feb 11, 2021, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: How many playoff appearances for the TIgers ]

Go away coot, sad state in cootville

The dumpster fire has burned to the point where the

Feb 11, 2021, 8:29 AM

dumpster has completely melted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Notre Dame would beat SC by 30.***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: How many playoff appearances for the TIgers ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on a bad day...

Feb 11, 2021, 1:33 PM

If ND played like they did against Clemson during the first meeting in South Bend, the beatdown would be even worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 11, 2021, 2:41 AM

Honest assessment;
If we were in the SEC East at least 2 because we have beaten Alabama twice in the National Championship game so you could relate that to beating them in the SEC Championship game.
If we were in the SEC West I'd say one because no body was going to beat LSU year before last.
Obviously the SEC West is the dominate division in college football.
If we were in the Big 10,at least two because OSU has been there twice.
I'm basing these numbers on the times Bama has been there ,and lost to Clemson, and OSU having been there twice. But if we had the same personal, I'd think probably more like 4 times from the Big 10.
As to whether or not FSU, Miami ,and UNC were competitive ,we need them to be competitive, but I think we would have beaten all 3 of them in a conference championship game .We are just better than those teams from a recruiting, and coaching staff perspective.
And if it is so easy to get into the CFP's from the ACC ,why hasn't the PAC-12 had any teams recently. Just my opinion, but I think Clemson would have been the odds on favorite almost every year in that conference.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:11 AM

That easy to answer about the Pac 12... it’s because their isn’t a Clemson in the Pac 12. Bad teams lose to other bad teams so no one gets in.

To answer the hypothetical, it doesn’t diminish what we have done bc you go play the games on the schedule and that’s it. However, if we were in any division other than the SEC west (maybe even that one) we still make the playoffs most years. Committee has proven they think highly of those conferences and in most years Clemson would come out of those conferences with 1 loss maybe. Same as playoffs we would battle Bama and OSU with some off teams occasionally having a win. End of the day we still make the playoffs every year just like Bama and OSU. Only difference is we make it 1 loss some years and vice versa for the teams at top of those conferences.

The PAC 12 argument says it all.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:49 AM

When I was at Clemson(04-10), the ACC was the PAC 12 of today. There were no dominate teams and even the winner would have 2 or 3 loses. I remember the year GT and WF played for the ACCCG and we had beaten both them in the regular season.

In all likely hood, if you just remove us from the ACC and don't replace us, then the ACC becomes the PAC 12 again which paves the way for two teams from Big Ten or SEC if we were in one of those.

The same Clemson team from the past 6 years easily still wins the SEC East most(likely all) years. The SEC West is strong and maybe we don't make the playoff the years we lost to Alabama and LSU in the playoffs.

The only year I see being in the Big Ten as a detriment to our Playoff appearance would be this year since we ultimately did lose to Ohio State.

Feb 11, 2021, 11:35 AM

CLEMSON has been the most dominant team is College Football, not named Bama. Period. Hypotheticals like this can NEVER be answered by what if. Look at the FACTS. CLEMSON HAS PLAYED IN 4 OF 6 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES AND WON TWO. That is all you need to know.

I smell a leg humper in a Tiger suit

Feb 11, 2021, 6:59 AM

Get back to Athens, flat face

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I smell a leg humper in a Tiger suit***

Feb 11, 2021, 7:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 7:34 AM

Here’s the deal. If you put us in one of the other conferences CU would have to trade places with a team of said conference. So for example if we were in B1G we would swop with OSU and we make playoffs all 6 years. If we were in BIG12 we swop with OK we make playoffs all six years. If we were in Pack12 we swop with Oregon and again yes we make playoffs all 6 years. If we were in SEC we swop with Bama and we make playoffs 5 years due to LSU being the best in 2019. So it doesn’t matter much if we go into another conference because the results would have been about the same.

And don’t give me the grind of SEC because if you remove Bama who has been a consistent beast in the SEC. GA? Don’t make me laugh.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 9:04 AM

This is the same point I've always made when people bring up stuff like this. I'll add further that if Clemson replaced some other random team in the B10 like Maryland that maybe Clemson doesn't make the CFP this past year due to Ohio State, but Ohio State probably wouldn't have made the CFP in year before this past.

If Clemson had been in the B12 in place of some random team like Baylor then Oklahoma may not have made the CFP in any year.

If Clemson were in the SEC in place of some random team like Arkansas then maybe we don't make it 6 straight years, but I'd argue that Bama wouldn't have made it 6 out of the past 7 years either.

Feb 11, 2021, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: How many playoff appearances for the TIgers ]

Well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em 2-8 u6c coot

Feb 11, 2021, 7:47 AM

Even marlborocountycoot, and his many other handles, has to see through you.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:53 AM

I love the way things are. I hope they never change.
JEALOUS MUCH?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more than your team***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same number of appearances.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:28 AM

Tweet that, coot.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:43 AM

LOL...bless your heart !!!!***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:58 AM

I never understand how the South Carolina fans don't understand the irony that literally the only trash talking point they ever attempt to make is related to how good OTHER TEAMS on their schedule are.

We would be undefeated or only 1 loss in SEC too

Feb 11, 2021, 9:02 AM

Both scenarios get us into playoffs each year.

Imagine our bump in recruiting rank if we also didn’t lose kids that only want to play in SEC. We could be an even better team than we currently have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 9:15 AM

Must suck Long Time when your program can't beat an ACC team.

True Tiger fans,

Feb 11, 2021, 9:17 AM

This post does not reek of chicken poop nor dog poop. It reeks of cajun corndog!!

Please do not feel this LSPoo troll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 11, 2021, 12:37 PM

Poster asked if the playoff appearances were “hollow” because of the ease of getting through the ACC. Having a 6-4 record in those playoff games and 2 championships answers that question for me. Now, if we had Oklahoma’s or O31-0 St’s record in the playoffs that might make it hollow....

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic