Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC-CG needs to be moved out of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

The ACC-CG needs to be moved out of

Oct 29, 2020, 4:29 PM

NC to someplace where fans can attend. Jacksonville? Orlando? Atlanta? Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC-CG needs to be moved out of

Oct 29, 2020, 4:50 PM

I have never understood why Swoff let the SEC take Atl for the Championship other than his ongoing indifference to anything outside NC. Kind of like how hoops tourney almost always has to be in UNC and Dukes backyard. And year after year Clemson tolerates this. I mean for gosh sake Clemson grow a pair

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was the ACC ever supposed to get Atlanta?

Oct 29, 2020, 7:34 PM

The SECCG has been in ATL since 1994. It was entrenched there long before the ACC had a title game. The ACC literally had zero chance of ever being in ATL and blaming that on Swofford seems pretty ridiculous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m a little surprised they didn’t move it

Oct 29, 2020, 4:52 PM

to Soldier Field in Chicago...just in case Noter Dame makes it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m a little surprised they didn’t move it

Oct 29, 2020, 6:41 PM

Row86, that little dictator mayor in Chicago would never allow it. It want let any sports teams have fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The $-EZ has a stronghold on Atlanta...

Oct 29, 2020, 4:55 PM

so not too sure if that is or ever will be a feasible option.

Charlotte is actually an excellent location and will be even better once the Panthers owner builds a dome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Clemson fans pizzed and moaned until it was finally

Oct 29, 2020, 5:04 PM

moved to Charlotte.

The hate for Florida was palpable at the time.

Atlanta would be fun....

Oct 29, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to The $-EZ has a stronghold on Atlanta... ]

But the truth is that I enjoy going to the ACCCG in Charlotte. This will be the first one I will miss for years.

Too bad so few fans will be able to attend. I did go to the ACCCG in Orlando a few years back...I liked going to Florida but hated that stadium.

No problem with location just NC

Oct 29, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to The $-EZ has a stronghold on Atlanta... ]

Governor's only 7 percent in stadium order. Move this year to a more welcoming location.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His stadium mask stance will soften after the election. His

Oct 29, 2020, 5:52 PM

campaign is all about "my challenger won't wear a mask", so that will be over Tuesday.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The $-EZ has a stronghold on Atlanta...

Oct 29, 2020, 6:35 PM [ in reply to The $-EZ has a stronghold on Atlanta... ]

That's what I'm thinking. SECCG was in Atlanta since early 90's. Fifteen years before the ACC caught up and staged a championship game.

Yup, the one time when Jacksonville makes sense.***

Oct 29, 2020, 5:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I agree. Gov can do what he needs to do, but there's a price

Oct 29, 2020, 5:50 PM

to pay for you actions, right or wrong.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. Gov can do what he needs to do, but there's a price

Oct 29, 2020, 6:14 PM

Unreal. I mean just........really? I know most of you love whining about politics and whatever but clt is fairly central geographically and is a really good place to see the acccg. Can we just talk football? And stop with the political whining?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many people in stadium?

Oct 29, 2020, 6:20 PM

Less than 1000? Clemson putting 19,000 in Death Valley.

Re: How many people in stadium?

Oct 29, 2020, 6:37 PM

Seven percert of capacity of venues larger than 10,000. Isn't charlotte stadium larger than 10,000?

Still be fewer than at Clemson.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. Gov can do what he needs to do, but there's a price

Oct 29, 2020, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. Gov can do what he needs to do, but there's a price ]

F**k that liberal s*b ....tell that yankee to kiss my a**

Oct 29, 2020, 5:58 PM

Well, if folks would have done what they needed to do in order to nip this virus in the bud, we wouldn't have to keep things limited now. But then folks couldn't be bothered so here we are paying for it.

We literally have the ACC CG bout 2 hours OR LOSS from our fanbase and we are worried about that one year when mass gatherings are about as smart as a scratch and sniff in a swimming pool's deep end.

SC is not NC. We don't have a gestapo for

Oct 29, 2020, 6:01 PM

Governor. Move the game where fans can attend. 7 percent is disgraceful.

Re: SC is not NC. We don't have a gestapo for

Oct 29, 2020, 6:25 PM

Shrug - The ACC isn't SC.

7% just means that Notre Shame fans arent going to be in attendance

A Ol Roy isnt the Gestapo. If you said he was a do nothing mouthpiece, ok but we got rid of the bathroom police.

Ol Roy isn't my party - not close - but I will say he hasn't been bonkers and I live in wrong carolina. Rather he has been reasonable actually - and I have low standards which is basically not go crazy and embarrass the state. He has kept the state "in its lane" and hasn't done idiotic things like our previous Bathroom Pat. Pat even ticked off libertarians like myself for his government overreach. Because Dan Forest went on the "no mask" offensive AND mass gathering (pick one, not both) - he basically gave Cooper a big lead. Ol Roy has been opening things up but keeping the big events to a minimum. That is really his biggest position and I agree.

Oct 29, 2020, 6:28 PM

19,000 in Death Valley. How many in Charlotte? And why DV but not NC?

You lost me at "Roy Cooper has been reasonable.."

Oct 29, 2020, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: SC is not NC. We don't have a gestapo for ]

Geez, you're a hack.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Oct 29, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: SC is not NC. We don't have a gestapo for ]

You should get your facts straight, under the city council of Charlotte a male could decide that he wanted to use the female locker room at a gym. The bathroom law was made to protect females from having males decide that they wanted to use female facilities. Most gyms have bathrooms that accommodate more than one person as well as the locker room.

Oct 29, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: SC is not NC. We don't have a gestapo for ]

You should get your facts straight, under the city council of Charlotte a male could decide that he wanted to use the female locker room at a gym. The bathroom law was made to protect females from having males decide that they wanted to use female facilities. Most gyms have bathrooms that accommodate more than one person as well as the locker room.

Oct 29, 2020, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC-CG needs to be moved out of ]

Moving it to Florida would be a great idea. At least the fans would be far away from the virus in that sanitized state!!!!!

Oct 29, 2020, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC-CG needs to be moved out of ]

What do you mean????????? Do you really think a virus can be contained?????? If so please tell me how to prevent the common cold??? Oh! Wait you think locking yourself in your closet forever will make it go away!!!! Poor Baby!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 7:31 PM

Rather foolish to compare the common cold (caused by many viruses) with Covid which is an unknown virus. Perhaps you have heard that? I know of no one who suggest we lock ourselves in a closet but that would work!

Oct 29, 2020, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC-CG needs to be moved out of ]

Nip the virus in the bud? Good luck with that.

Columbia - Wil B- Extra Benefit Would Be

Oct 29, 2020, 6:23 PM

The extra benefit would be playing on the field we basically own! And, lifting a championship trophy in the home of the dirt pluckers. Insult to injury!

Which is why they would see to it - it would never happen.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic