Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long is it gonna take to flush out the mess Jimbo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,994

How long is it gonna take to flush out the mess Jimbo

Aug 13, 2020, 3:42 PM

created at FSU?

I mean, good lord. I mean, how many turds can be in one punch bowl?

FSU should be a top 10 (top 15-20 on bad years) program each year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long is it gonna take to flush out the mess Jimbo

Aug 13, 2020, 3:50 PM

it was pretty suspect during the Booby auto pilot years too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought so too, but...

Aug 13, 2020, 4:31 PM

Bobby at least had a winning records each year over his last 5 years, and at least finished ranked 1x. The five year before that, they finished b/n 11th and 23rd each year.

That's not near as bad as it is now.

Jimbo finished 17th, 23rd, 10th, 1st, 5th, 14th and 8th in his first 7 years. After that, the slide started. Since then, FSU has gone 18-20.

Looking back, there was a lot of off the field issues that plagued the program. His last year was 2017, but many of his recruits still came in 2018. So, in a way, he's largely responsible for that. I think it's going to take another 3 years (at minimum) to flush out all the bad seeds and get good kids in that are also good football players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a bad run of QBs doing dumb #### that he failed to

Aug 13, 2020, 5:25 PM

handle correctly and it spiraled from there

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He had a bad run of QBs doing dumb #### that he failed to

Aug 13, 2020, 8:27 PM

Yep, and we had Cle-missle. That hurt um.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He had a bad run of QBs doing dumb #### that he failed to

Aug 13, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to He had a bad run of QBs doing dumb #### that he failed to ]

And QB’s that liked crab legs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 3:50 PM

Florida State could put up a fight this year. That is one team that I have never overlooked. Track speed all over the field.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:06 PM

Unfortunately for FSU they're playing football and not running track.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Not their Oline..

Aug 13, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: How long is it gonna take to flush out the mess Jimbo ]

Slow and painful to watch. When you can't stop even a basic pass rush on passing downs, it doesn't matter how fast their guys are, the QB has been running for his life.

Hands down the worst position in all of college football to be in the last 4 years: FSU QB. They've been beaten to a pulp.

Further, FSU has avg less than 3 yards per rush the last 3 years. Matter of Fact, Travis Etienne, alone, has outrushed their whole team....only 40% less carries. Ouch!!

Re: Not their Oline..

Aug 13, 2020, 5:54 PM

I assure you, our OL was even worse than you described it. It has been pitiful to watch for the past 5 years. It stunk even when Winston was the QB. It has only gotten worse when he left.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 8:52 PM

Honest to god, I never thought I would think or feel this way during a game but...

In 2018, at FSU, I remember getting mad at Willie b/c he was keeping Deondre Francios in the game, down 45-0, 52-3, and even 59-3 and our defense was teeing off on him. Finally, after a Xavier Thomas sack, and seeing Francios was in obvious pain did, he finally come out of the game.

I remember being on Tigernet during the game and I wasn't alone in my thoughts. Others where equally upset at Willie for leaving his starting QB in, risking injury.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Not their Oline.. ]

If hired to coach at FSU, the first thing I would do (I mean the VERY first thing I would do) is hire a Sam Pittman type to shore up that line up.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: How long is it gonna take to flush out the mess Jimbo ]

It starts on the O and D lines and they have been sorely lacking there .... end of story until they get that fixed!

Aug 13, 2020, 4:48 PM

7-8 procedure penalties on the oline almost every game. Really bad.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: How long is it gonna take to flush out the mess Jimbo ]

Not sure it’s this year, but I’ve been thinking the same thing for a while.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:09 PM

I say that Mike Norvell has the know how, so I'm guessing his 3d season as the FSU HC, he will move FSU back into the second best team in the ACC. And by year 5, he will have FSU competing with us to play for the ACC championship. But hopefully it will have changed to the best two teams will play for the ACC championship!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 4:28 PM

How long until the Aggies realize he was a bad hire?

If we have a full season, and #13 TAM

Aug 13, 2020, 4:34 PM

does the normal thing and finishes the season unranked, it won't take long.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: How long is it gonna take to flush out the mess Jimbo ]

Probably after he has made a deal to take another job after his contract is up with them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 5:52 PM

Good question.

If Taggart had been the right guy it would have taken 3 years. He wasn't. He did nothing to make the program better, even made it worse. Discipline and work ethic were just as bad, or even worse, under him than they were under Jimbo.

If Norvell is the right guy, it will take 3 years. The athletic quality of the players is the least of the problem.

The problem is changing the culture, instilling discipline, getting the kids to buy in. And, teaching them, starting with the fundamentals.

What I'm looking for is not a miracle, but progress - clear and steady progress.

It takes a while to turn an aircraft carrier around.

3 years, if Norvell is the right guy.

Aug 13, 2020, 5:54 PM

Plus your oline is just atrocious.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:51 PM

I assure you, our O line has been worse than even you think it has been.

Apparently a very long time.***

Aug 13, 2020, 5:55 PM

Didn't he just get into trouble at A&M already?***

Aug 13, 2020, 8:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Dang. We’re still blaming Jimbo???

Aug 13, 2020, 9:59 PM

Dude won a national championship, and made it to the cfp the year after that!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang. We’re still blaming Jimbo???

Aug 14, 2020, 1:30 PM

Did Urban leave Florida in a good spot?

Jimbo left FSU for dead. Granted, Jimbo's wife left Jimbo for the tennis instructor, pool hand, barista, and whatever other people housewives interact with.

I actually think that Willie *could have worked* but they lost faith in him and he did not give a lot of confidence back. Bad all the way around. In any case, Novell looks like he is starting off on the wrong foot but who knows how the rocky-start will progress with the new normal.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,994
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic