Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How is it possible that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

How is it possible that

Dec 13, 2016, 8:19 AM

ESPN is as bad as they are, yet we still listen?

The "all american" list they put together is so laughable, you would think it was april fools.

My question is this:

WHY does ESPN hate Clemson so thoroughly?

Is it because Clemson represents a more wholesome lifestyle?

Is it because Dabo believes in God and talks about it openly?

I am very close to cutting the cord, just to rid myself of the liberal demonic blather which is espn. They aren't even good at sports reporting any longer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The answer is

Dec 13, 2016, 8:22 AM

Coots in their mgmt staff

Re: How is it possible that

Dec 13, 2016, 8:23 AM

We watch for 2 reasons... 1- they have the rights to our games and 2- because there STILL isn't a viable alternative.

And yes, I think we aren't their good graces because of the uber-liberal views of every ESPIN exec. We are a southern school with wholesome values with a Christian coach and we are proud of ALL of that!

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that is pretty much it in a nutshell.***

Dec 13, 2016, 8:28 AM

Re: I think that is pretty much it in a nutshell.***

Dec 13, 2016, 8:30 AM

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: How is it possible that ]

Nailed it!

Just cut the cord and quit bitching***

Dec 13, 2016, 8:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just cut the cord and quit bitching***

Dec 13, 2016, 8:30 AM

And perhaps our thorn in the side is that they do have a coot in upper management. This is why they always play one of the first games of the season on ESPN. My gosh, they were 3-9 last year and was put on as the second game of the year against Vandy. What a pitiful display of college football that was. Why would they even consider putting that game on to usher in the new college football year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is the head coot ESPN?

Dec 13, 2016, 8:39 AM

Also, whatwheatin's explanation is too rational and well reasoned.

I like the Coot and/or family values narrative better. It's more fun. Close the borders. Build a wall. Drain the ESPN swamp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen....don't know which is worse, ESPN or the moaning on this board

Dec 13, 2016, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Just cut the cord and quit bitching*** ]

Start by only watching ESPN when we are playing.

Re: Amen....don't know which is worse, ESPN or the moaning on this board

Dec 13, 2016, 12:16 PM

that will show them

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 8:34 AM

Clemson is a small school with a regional fanbase. Even if we won for a decade our "bandwagon" would never approach the likes of OSU, Bama, USC, or even FSU because our enrollment is only 20k. Sure we are in the South and that puts us ahead of all but about 5 school out west and we are a top 20 school overall but ESPN is still in the market of making money and the best way to do that is the big brands. Last season we were the underdog which is marketable, but are transitioning into a power and that will not sell on ESPN.

null

They don't have to buy it, but they get to live with it.***

Dec 13, 2016, 8:45 AM

Dec 13, 2016, 8:48 AM

As a whole ESPN does not hate Clemson. With that being said, there are multiple espn personalities that don't like clemson and/or hate them, people like Jason Fitz, Lee Corso, Mark May, and I my personal opinion I believe Chris Fowler has something against Clemson. These awards and all America teams have become a popularity contest. For example this year the best TE in the country didn't win the Mackey Award (Leggett), the best RB didn't win the Doak Walker award (D.Cook) the best WR wasn't even a finalist for the Billetnikoff award (Williams) and the best & most deserving player didn't win the Heisman (Watson).

Dec 13, 2016, 9:32 AM

Could it be that they just hate small town/school winners? I believe that Kirk Herbstreit likes Clemson but I have to agree that Chris Fowler is not a fan and Jesse Palmer hates us. He NEVER has anything nice to say about Clemson.

Dec 13, 2016, 10:12 AM

I doubt school size or town size has any factor as to who doesn't like us.

Not enough $$$$ in it .***

Dec 13, 2016, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

"We" don't listen. And could give rats a$$ what they say...***

Dec 13, 2016, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 9:15 AM

The narrative that ESPN hates Clemson due to a wholesome lifestyle or because Dabo believes in God is just not anywhere close to the truth. Many try to read to far into ESPN's hate for us. Its more simple than that. They hate us because...

1. We are not the normal status quo of teams....ie. Notre Dame, Oklahoma, FSU, Ohio St., Alabama, Michigan, Trojans. We are harder to sell and they have to work harder.

2. No one from ESPN went to Clemson, no one. Especially the analysts. This is sports...they want the programs they came from and those associated with them to be good.

3. We have shaken up the matchups they prefer to have. ie. more money to them

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 9:31 AM

Probably because Clemson is not the mighty SEC. Clemson is not supposed to beat the teams that we beat. I imagine Loser Holtz instilled some of the hatred because he was employed by ESPN and endured a lot of whippings from us.

Dec 13, 2016, 9:37 AM

We have a family friend that is a well known NFL reporter. He spent some time working for ESPN covering the NFL. Our friend happens to lean pretty far to the left as well. He told us several times that stories he worked on were squashed because it did not fit the ESPN narrative. One recent NFL scandal was largely "inflated" due to misreporting at ESPN, due to inherent biases against a particular team. This was due to the NY area based reporters that held a bias against a certain team due to many reason, some being political and others just being that they were a superior organization than those in their area. As it relates to Clemson, I do not know if there are any inherent biases, but I do know that the ESPN folks that reside in the northeast have a hard time relating to the values of Dabo and the Clemson program, much like they cannot relate to "flyover country". This is also the reason the mainstream networks based in the northeast could not see what was going to happen in the recent elections. Like one of the other psoters said, they relate to the teams that have always been a national brand to them, Michigan, Ohio State, USC(the real one), Alabama, etc.. That's just my two cents.

D I S N E Y has forced their LIBERAL agenda on air.

Dec 13, 2016, 9:41 AM

That's helped them lose 4 MILLION subscribers. Whether it's filtered down to how they cover individual schools is anybody's guess.

Quit watching. It's simple. If they tick you off, watch

Dec 13, 2016, 9:46 AM

something else. Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NBC Sports. You have options.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quit watching. It's simple. If they tick you off, watch

Dec 13, 2016, 10:13 AM

The idiots in CBS are worse.

My sons and I stopped watching 3 years ago right after their

Dec 13, 2016, 9:58 AM

SEC recruiting coverage (which I assume was supposed to be their national recruiting coverage).

Anyway - games only, with the occasional 30-for-30.

Dec 13, 2016, 12:21 PM

even worse they continue to promote atheist liberal programs like Alabama and Ole Miss. It was sickening to see this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic