Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How in the name of God did Todd Kohlhepp not get the death
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

How in the name of God did Todd Kohlhepp not get the death

Jun 25, 2017, 12:24 PM

penalty in South Carolina. I just want to note that I was muttering the same sentence in disbelief three weeks ago when his sentence was announced. And that was three weeks before that utterly jaw dropping 48 hours episode I watched last night. I literally had to stop the DVR several times and replay things he said as I was in sheer disbelief in what he was saying and how he was saying it. I won't even go into his poor delusional mother that was, in my opinion, a victim too. You might as well say he killed her too. But Lord that woman had issues of her own.

I just don't see how he doesn't get the death penalty. They didn't need to cut a deal with him. They had enough evidence to get the most severe conviction necessary. The news three weeks ago said prosecutors didn't go for the death penalty because South Carolina's chemical for administering it was expired. What!! When I heard that, I just could not believe it. Will they not be able to obtain some more in the time it would take to exhaust all his appeals. I have never heard of South Carolina tolerating such garbage without sentencing someone to death.

Whether you are pro or anti death penalty, you have to admit that if a state has it on the books, then this guy earned it. If this guy isn't executed, then they should commute every death row inmate other than Dylann Roof. But that is far from what I am saying. I am saying that this fat tub of human feces known as Todd Kohlhepp should have been sentenced to death with the rest of the death row inmates. I am really disappointed and shocked at the state for coming to the decision to sentence him to life. Please save any posts about how its more expensive to execute someone than to take care of them for life. That's a croc and if it is true, then it is money well spent.

It takes a lot to stun and shock me in today's world, but that episode last night sure did. I am still shaking my head in disbelief at it. I can't imagine the horror his victims went through. And one victim at the motorcycle shop having to see his mother gunned down right in front of him and then be shot himself. And the female victims at his property having to see their fiance and husband shot right out of the clear blue only to be captive to him and raped repeatedly afterwards.

It is just really sad. He is never going to feel bad for what he did. You can tell that by the way he talked about it. He does not have those human feelings. He is just going to sit in state prison and probably enjoy existing in there. He told officers he "wished" they would take him out back and shoot him. Well, I wish they would have too. But I can tell you that big baby would have cried like a baby if they told him they were going to do that. That's why he took the deal for a life sentence. The only thing more pathetic than him is the state of South Carolina letting him live.

One other thing. How hard would it have been for investigators to catch him after the motorcycle shop shootings? They had his name and sent him a form letter because he was one of the most recent customers. They should have gotten a search warrant for all of his properties along with any other recent customers, caught him by surprise, and turned his house inside out looking for weapons and such. That right there could have saved three lives in addition to a rape and kidnapping.

Just really too much to stomach on that 48 hours episode last night. Thanks for letting me vent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a plea bargain, one that was agreed to by

Jun 25, 2017, 12:49 PM

the families of his victims.

The appeals in a death penalty case would have stretched out 15-20 years, leaving them to be called back for 2 decades in order to see the trial through. This way, they have closure, and the multiple life sentences mean that he will never be get parole.

The state saves the cost of the repeated litigation, families are happy with the outcome and Todd gets to be someone's long term girlfriend.

Re: It was a plea bargain, one that was agreed to by

Jun 25, 2017, 12:53 PM

Todd will become Tricia in about a month or less.

Re: It was a plea bargain, one that was agreed to by

Jun 25, 2017, 2:00 PM

often folks dont last long in there too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How in the name of God did Todd Kohlhepp not get the death

Jun 25, 2017, 1:07 PM

I don't see how a death sentence could ever cost more than a hour of keeping someone for life. Dead is dead, and there is no way they can come up with an argument to dispute that. Dead is dead, and a $1.25 bullet will do it in as good a human way as anything they can come up with. Our government will send our youth to other countries to give their life in the most horrific ways they could be slaughtered, but then they will say that it's non human to put some of the worst criminals in our country to death with one freaking bullet. There is no wonder why our country is in the way that it is in right now. They will send our out standing citizen youth to die in inhuman ways, but out the other side of their mouth they will say, we have to dress up the way we kill the absolute worst of our society. One 30-06 bullet with a robot designed to pull the trigger is the perfect way to do away with the ones that has to be killed to save other innocent people from being murdered by a cold blooded murderer!!! Shoot those losers in the back of their neck and rid our society of their presents!!!!! The most expensive part would be getting rid of their remains. Probably should just fertilize the ground with them in those huge Forrest fires they have out west....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 1:22 PM

He is the very reason we have a death penalty.....should have given him no more than 1 year for all appeals and then sat him in the electric chair.....instead we now have to support him in prison with taxpayer funds for probably a very long time until to he gets to meet his maker......Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 25, 2017, 1:24 PM

Our legal system is supposed to provide "swift justice". To me, one major problem is the numerous appeals that allow a trial to go on forever. I would like to see a tribunal of judges render a verdict after two years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 4:06 PM

Yes swift justice! Like this case where the defendant was tried in one day, was convicted with 10 minutes of deliberation, and he was executed with 83 days of the murder?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stinney

Spoiler: The conviction was later overturned (but he's still dead).

Todd Kohlhepp confessed on camera before the plea deal plus

Jun 25, 2017, 7:07 PM

an eyewitness survivor saw him kill her fiance. They didn't do the deal to get a confession, they did the deal to save money on trial and for some hogwash about the lethal injection chemical. Todd Kohlhepp was not an innocent man and he was not ever going to be found wrongly convicted. He confessed in great detail!

One of the drawbacks of the death penalty

Jun 25, 2017, 2:08 PM

is that you lose the opportunity to study and analyze these guys in an attempt to find out how they became what they did. You would be amazed at the number of psychos who suffered serious head trauma at a young age. Some form of autism and/or serious abuse along with head trauma is also common. I'd like to keep these guys alive if only to try to find out how to prevent them in the future. My guess is Kolhepp's mom is not so much a "victim" as just plain mentally ill. I'll also go ahead and recommend a podcast called My Favorite Murder where two funny chicks talk murder. They have a rule that if your kid suffers head trauma, send it back.

Message was edited by: SugarBowlSon®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the drawbacks of the death penalty

Jun 25, 2017, 2:26 PM

"...is that you lose the opportunity to study and analyze these guys in an attempt to find out how they became what they did.".

LOL - I would gladly give that up and just execute by firing squad every dang one of these guys. I have no need to understand why, nor do I care. Just kill 'em and move on.

Re: One of the drawbacks of the death penalty

Jun 25, 2017, 8:24 PM

How so they hang around 20 years getting stupid appeals

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the equivalent of saying

Jun 25, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: One of the drawbacks of the death penalty ]

this guy has the cure for cancer but he also has cancer so let's kill him and not worry about the cure. It perpetuates the illness. Why would you seize on a desire for vengeance instead of the opportunity to prevent future horrors?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 2:31 PM

Maybe because it wasn't in God's name, but rather in man's name! God is merciful, compassionate God while at the same time, a just God. He means what he says!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic