Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you sit there and watch 3 straight down the middle?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,457

How do you sit there and watch 3 straight down the middle?

Apr 23, 2019, 9:03 PM

###

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you sit there and watch 3 straight down the middle?

Apr 23, 2019, 9:04 PM

Mind boggling. Hard to watch.

Beyond frustrating to watch.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s unexplainable. I don’t know how Monte doesn’t lose his #### watching that. Just pathetic.

That’s sort of how it’s going for us this year. At this point I just hope any postseason is still in play. We will lucky to win another series at this point with who we have left. Went from host, to lock for post season, to now praying we get a chance.

Apr 23, 2019, 9:05 PM

They weren’t straight down the middle but they were certainly too close to take especially with the bases loaded. Don’t know that I’ve ever seen this many backwards K’s in a season

Apr 23, 2019, 9:07 PM

There’s always “ that guy “.... here on tnet. Yes, they were all down the middle.

Stop

Apr 23, 2019, 9:13 PM

Strike 2 barely caught the outside corner and strike 3 was across his knees. There is not a world where the 2nd pitch was right down the middle. GTFOH

Too close to take (especially pitch 3)

Apr 23, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you sit there and watch 3 straight down the middle? ]

But they were absolutely NOT right down the middle. The second pitch has been called a a ball all night long, and the third pitch (which he should've still tried to foul off), was a nasty curve and you are 100% wrong about either being anywhere near "down the middle."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 9:09 PM

All 3 we're very hittable pitches.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

That second pitch was outside and a ball, BUT...

Apr 23, 2019, 9:11 PM

You got to protect the plate with 2 strikes.

Before the last pitch, I said aloud, “Well, expect a low breaking ball. Probably in the dirt.”

And it was a lower breaking ball. It’s not difficult figuring out what’s coming. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

~JKB

Re: That second pitch was outside and a ball, BUT...

Apr 23, 2019, 9:38 PM

You got to protect the plate with 2 strikes.

Therein lies one of the problems with this baseball team. It's not that you have to protect the plate with 2 strikes....... you need to protect it with with no strikes. If the ball is in the strike zone and you can get a swing on it, then swing and hit it where it's pitched. There is no shame in hitting a single - particularly when several of them are strung together. If you do that, then sooner or later someone will put a good swing on one and it'll leave the park for a grand slam. The key to consistent winning baseball is on-base percentage and situational hitting/bunting - not exactly small ball, but a combination of small ball and percentage baseball. We just don't seem to understand that the long ball isn't necessary to win games.

We need to learn to bunt, hit behind the runner and hit over the infield and into the power lanes with the line drive. Walks, singles, doubles and triples can win all the games you need to become champions.

Re: That second pitch was outside and a ball, BUT...

Apr 23, 2019, 9:53 PM

My issue is even if we’re a home run hitting team (and lately we’ve not been) if we were to get to Omaha that stadium traditionally does not yield many home runs. I would not think our swing for the fences philosophy on every pitch would play well there. Now I know we’re a long wat from having to worry about fhat right now but if our goal is Omaha I would think we’d be implementing a philosophy that could be successful if we were to get there.

a few games back we were swinging at outside throws that

Apr 23, 2019, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: That second pitch was outside and a ball, BUT... ]

they didn't have a chance at

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup they're trying to get the big hit instead of just trying

Apr 23, 2019, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: That second pitch was outside and a ball, BUT... ]

to get a base hit.

Apr 23, 2019, 10:00 PM

Just can't trust the ump to call a ball on a pitch like the last strike, especially with 2 outs and the bases full.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Not swing? :)***

Apr 23, 2019, 11:04 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,457
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic