Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do lunge grill pros make a burger?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

How do lunge grill pros make a burger?

Dec 30, 2020, 10:35 AM

I don't have a great recipe but:

I usually just add in a little diced onion and S&P, maybe some worstercherchire sauce or onion soup mix if I have it.

We don't make burgers all that often since Wife-of likes patties real thin (like Wendys) and can't really do that at home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't do anything special

Dec 30, 2020, 10:37 AM

Onion powder, garlic powder, Mexican chili powder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Similar here...don’t over press the meat. Loose patties

Dec 30, 2020, 10:45 AM

We add garlic powder, input TonyChachere on mine
We usually sauté our onions. Prefer cheddar over American cheese.
Grill to pink inside..

Saute' onions for inside burger on on top?***

Dec 30, 2020, 10:47 AM

This is what I am most excited about with the griddle

This patties and sautéed veggies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usually on top, but sometimes we chop onions

Dec 30, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Saute' onions for inside burger on on top?*** ]

And add to Patty meat

You know the difference between hookers and onions?

Dec 30, 2020, 11:26 AM

I cry when I chop up onions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

throw some dried oregano in there

Dec 30, 2020, 10:42 AM

and spank me later

*thank***

Dec 30, 2020, 10:43 AM

I was just getting excited.***

Dec 30, 2020, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: throw some dried oregano in there

Dec 30, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to throw some dried oregano in there ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: How do lunge grill pros make a burger?

I just use garlic powder, a slight touch Lawrys seasoning salt, butter while cooking, butter on the toasted sourdough/english muffin/or a good bun, muenster cheese, avocado, bacon, and then I am done. Kind of basic.

Butter while cooking - in pan? Or on top of patty on grill?***

Dec 30, 2020, 10:49 AM

Re: Butter while cooking - in pan? Or on top of patty on grill?***

Dec 30, 2020, 10:50 AM

Either way. I use a lot of butter in my foods.

Smash burgers on BGE or Blackstone ... OR stove if yore a

poor.

Get 85/15 ground beef. Put in bowl. Season accordingly. I just use fresh ground salt and pepper.

Make 3.5 to 4 oz meat balls. PRESS DOWN with spatula or hand and make thin ... THIN ### patties.

Heat and Pre grease your cast iron Big Green Egg plate. Throw those patties on there, cook 2 min max per side. Cover each patty with cheese (or every other patty) and stack 2. Cover with grilled onions, if you’re a badass.

Brioche buns. Buttered. Grilled.

^^^this and I guess I'm UDP ;) ******

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This got me horny***

Dec 30, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Smash burgers on BGE or Blackstone ... OR stove if yore a ]

What plate do you use for BGE? The cast iron plate with

Dec 30, 2020, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Smash burgers on BGE or Blackstone ... OR stove if yore a ]

ridges or a griddle plate?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flat***

Dec 30, 2020, 11:58 AM

In a cast iron pan. Thin smash burgers for me also. *****

Dec 30, 2020, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In a cast iron pan. Thin smash burgers for me also. *****

Dec 30, 2020, 10:57 AM

80/20

Salt, pepper, garlic powder. Season before making the patties. Season after making the patties. Season when taking off the grill before resting.

That's about it. Doesn't matter what you season it with really....as long as there's some salt in there.

I do like to do a jalapeno burger with minced jalapenos and minced sweet onions in the mix. Top with pepperjack and chipotle barbecue or spicy ranch and grilled onions. Maybe bacon-wrapped jalapenos if I'm feeling extra spicy.

For burgers, I'm a purist. Only add a little seasoned salt

Dec 30, 2020, 10:51 AM

Nada mas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can’t do take out from 5 Guys, I recommend

Dec 30, 2020, 10:53 AM

Mixing in some of this and I add oak chips to the grill to get some smoke

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

This is why I pay the big bucks to this site.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:17 AM

just put in an order to try this stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I just ordered too to try out - got the 6 pack variety

Dec 30, 2020, 11:47 AM

on Amazon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and only 43 TU's from 50k

Dec 30, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to If you can’t do take out from 5 Guys, I recommend ]

for you!

I use their savory blend on pork loin/roasts....

Dec 30, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to If you can’t do take out from 5 Guys, I recommend ]

they have kick-arse bloody mary mix too.

Salt and pepper…

Dec 30, 2020, 10:53 AM

Then roll into Balls that can be flattened in the patties of the size you like and then place in the freezer on cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes then place on hot griddle and smash with spatula on the griddle. Smash crazy thin and allow to crisp on bottom flip, add cheese if desired and put basting dome on top, crisp other side and remove.

Can do this on the grill but have to smash the burgers before you put them on the grill and then do the same thing otherwise

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Start with ground sirloin

Dec 30, 2020, 10:55 AM

mix in some spices and crumbled blue cheese. Charcoal with apple wood or cherry wood sprinkled on the coals. High heat. After you make the patties put a dimple in the center. Flip once and never squish the juice out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like to put 57 in mine, but I need to work on

Dec 30, 2020, 11:16 AM

a binding agent as they are usually too crumbly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

###!!!

Dec 30, 2020, 11:17 AM

or an egg.

that's too much liquid. I had that problem with adding

Dec 30, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I like to put 57 in mine, but I need to work on ]

worcestershire sauce. I quit doing that, but sometimes add an egg as a binder.

Like mine grilled, I use a rub, lately been using this one

Dec 30, 2020, 11:19 AM

I found at Costco.

That looks good too***

Dec 30, 2020, 12:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Mix yer ground beef with

Dec 30, 2020, 11:25 AM

minced garlic, wortershirerrrr, a touch of dales, and a dash of soy. Add salt, pepper.

Make 4 oz bawls.

Dice onion, keep separate but on the ready.

Heat blackstone to gates of hell hot. Throw onion beds on there. Put bawls on top. Smash bawls into onion making thin patties. Flip in a few minutes, then cheese em.

Have buns buttered and toasted on the side. Assemble burgers.

NOW, take assembled burgers and put them back into the bun bag. Twist, seal, let them steam for a few minutes.

Eat.

The end.

These days, I'm at 80/20 because fat = juicy,

Dec 30, 2020, 11:44 AM

trow in some Dales, diced shallot, lil salt, some ancho chile powder, mebbe some bacon bits if any on hand, and some blue cheese crumbles in a few of the patties for the adults. Also HAVE to make the thumbprint indention in the middle of the patties so they don't end up like meatballs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds exhausting.***

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your face sounds exhausting.

Dec 30, 2020, 12:13 PM

FACE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The indention s key***

Dec 30, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to These days, I'm at 80/20 because fat = juicy, ]

worster, salt and pepper. Minimal mashing to keep texture

Then get the water up to a rolling boil and cook to an internal temp of 243.

Serve on whole grain wheat sandwich bread.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: worster, salt and pepper. Minimal mashing to keep texture

Dec 30, 2020, 12:06 PM

Since I got my Blackstone, I'm griddle only now...

Dec 30, 2020, 11:59 AM

some of the reason is likely being able to make them thinner/smash style...a lot has to do with toasting of the buns on griddle vs grill. Butter bun toasted on griddle makes the burger IMO. Also seems easier to get all burgers to same done-ness more consistently on griddle. Also more likely to do onions, mushrooms, peppers when cooking on griddle.

I use 80/20 with salt, a good bit of pepper, garlic powder, and minced onions.

If you had a black stone you could

Dec 30, 2020, 1:47 PM

Small patties, American cheese, Mayo/catsup/mustard/dill sauce, slightly toast the bun, like barely, build and throw in foil for that perfect slightly crispy bun that is steamed on the outside

She will you for it

I pick up my cell phone and call Poe's or the Dingy for a

Dec 30, 2020, 2:37 PM

take out. No mess, no fuss.

I personally use 85/15.

Dec 30, 2020, 2:46 PM

Less shrinkage, but still holds together. Seasonings used include seasoned salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and wooster sauce. If I’m feeling frisky, I cover that #### with old bay too.

Then I dig my hands in that moist, seasoned meat and start the massage to mix it real good. Grab a handful and make a meaty ball. Massage that meaty ball like TXTF in the portajohn after an all day tailgate. Make that party and press in the center for the indent.

Grill set to medium, 5 minutes on one side and 3 on the other, top stays open. Less time if they are super thin, but I basically make 3 burgers out of a pound of meat cause fat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Burger King

Dec 30, 2020, 3:02 PM

with a bottle of liquor

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic