Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did we get so low at Defensive Tackle?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

How did we get so low at Defensive Tackle?

Feb 14, 2019, 6:15 PM

I don't remember us being this low on D-Tackle in the last 5 years or more. What there a reason that we didn't recruit harder in this area?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did we get so low at Defensive Tackle?

Feb 14, 2019, 6:17 PM

Great question

Feb 14, 2019, 6:18 PM

We wasted one on Belk. Otherwise we would have been set. We will be stacked again soon enough though.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:36 PM

If everything rested on Belk, then we were still too low at D-Tackle.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:40 PM

Its hard to get stud DT's to come in and to know they are a lock to sit behind Wilkins and Dex and probably Huggins and knowing we had Belk committed. Those DT studs are rare and few and far between.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:44 PM

We aren’t as low as people think because 3 of the incoming guys are DT. But the bell transfer was one blow to the numbers.

Huggins should of rs, his freshman year was completely wasted. It would be Huggins pinkney with Williams and kelly and Jeffry and all the youngsters for depth. Would look completely different.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:45 PM

Think if they could have played in 4 games and still RS when Huggins was a freshman? He would be coming back and really building his draft stock. We would be set imo.

Feb 14, 2019, 7:02 PM

I feel we are more young than scary low on numbers. We have 5 really solid DT and if Belk didn’t fizzle out that would have beeen 6... also have to figure with Wilkins&Dex starting as True Fresh recruiting additional high 4* and 5* was more difficult the last couple years. I also think we have a few under the radar kids this year in T Johnson and Rueben(May grow into DT) that have a chance to significantly outplay their recruiting ranking.. We beat OSU for Rueben and my understanding is Bama wanted T Johnson. Both committed pretty early in the process. I look at that over a Rivals or 247 rating!!

Probable Rotation:
J. Williams 4* RS SO
N. Pinckney 4* JR
X. Kelly 4* RS SO
D. Jeffries 3* RS FR
T. Davis 4* FR

This will be a very good rotation but a couple steps Down from Wilkins/Dex/Huggins.

When your defense takes two steps back

Feb 14, 2019, 7:34 PM

And your offense takes five steps forward...well...I'll take that!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pagano transferred to the left coast a few years ago . . .

Feb 14, 2019, 7:43 PM

but didn't another DT go to West bygod Virginia and started for them this past year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jabril Robinson & he was hardly seeing the field @Clemson.***

Feb 14, 2019, 8:27 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2019, 8:19 PM

We're not too thin at DT , but I agree there isn't a lot of experience there . I just go back to our losses defensively in recent years and how we always have an answer because our coaches are outstanding and ou player development may be the best in the nation. Dabo is blueprinting the " Start 22 but play 70 " method , and so our guys are ready to go when called upon no matter what they are on the depth chart .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 14, 2019, 8:33 PM

We lost Jabril Robinson to WVU and Sterling Johnson transferred as well. Robinson is out of eligibility, but Johnson would be a RS Senior this coming season. He was 6’ 4” 305 lbsand would be nice to have this year he would be in the 2 deep rotation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: How did we get so low at Defensive Tackle? ]

Correct. Every year we have at least one position group that "can't possibly be replaced." We all realize last years DL was special, but BV will get it done like he does every year.

Feb 16, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: How did we get so low at Defensive Tackle? ]

We're not too thin at DT , but I agree there isn't a lot of experience there . I just go back to our losses defensively in recent years and how we always have an answer because our coaches are outstanding and ou player development may be the best in the nation. Dabo is blueprinting the " Start 22 but play 70 " method , and so our guys are ready to go when called upon no matter what they are on the depth chart .

couldn’t agree more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize that...

Feb 14, 2019, 8:21 PM

Bowden left in the middle of the season. Gonna take a little time to bounce back from that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You do realize that...

Feb 14, 2019, 8:42 PM

FM, I always enjoy your posts because they are thought out and rational, but I don't follow. I think by 2022 we should be a top 10 team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think time will prove you right.***

Feb 14, 2019, 8:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You do realize that...

Feb 14, 2019, 9:08 PM [ in reply to You do realize that... ]

That's a B.S. statement. If u remember, the week after Bowden was fired was an off week. This gave Dabo and Co. plenty of time to address this issue

Feb 16, 2019, 10:53 AM

Wilkens came back (might have recruited a DT had he left), Dex is leaving early, we did not redshirt Huggins, Cervenka to Oline, and Belk flipped. Johnson transfering as mentioned above, as well as Robinson. I think these two made the the Belk situation more critical.

All In all we will be fine at this point. We are Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic