Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How are we not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

How are we not

Jan 23, 2020, 7:27 PM

past the point of worrying what other people say about our football program???

It boggles my mind.

I remember the days of 5-6 and 3-8 teams, and just wishing we could be relevant enough to get mentioned.

Now...we have risen to the point where all others are so jealous of us they will say anything to get under our skin...and we (as a group) can’t seem to handle it ?!?!?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said something about us?

Jan 23, 2020, 7:28 PM

That crap really bugs me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Who said something about us?

Jan 23, 2020, 9:06 PM

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How are we not

Jan 23, 2020, 7:34 PM

That chit will fire me up, and it causes my pisss to boil in my kidneys!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I laughed so loud it woke up my wife

Jan 23, 2020, 10:28 PM

Never heard that one before

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: How are we not ]

Easy - easy - allorange ... it ain’t worth that !! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 23, 2020, 7:49 PM

I found that it is tough to hear the haters’ ground level comments when your program operates in the stratosphere. ??.

It's downtime for Football Fans and we're board with BB.***

Jan 23, 2020, 7:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you’re board with basketball this year you’re just a bad fan.

Jan 23, 2020, 9:28 PM

We are .500 in the ACC, including wins over Duke and UNC. We have won 4 of our last 5 games. If that doesn’t keep you interested, you clearly don’t really like and support our basketball program.

FYI, Clemson basketball has only finished a season with a .500 or better conference record 20 times since joining the ACC in 1953. Six of those have come under Brownell during the last 9 seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If you’re board with basketball this year you’re just a bad fan.

Jan 24, 2020, 6:15 AM

It is much easier to go .500 in the ACC today than it used to be when you had to play everyone twice. However, I give Brownell credit as this season appeared to be a total bust and he has somehow got them playing really well over the last five games.

What don't you understand? You need to be excited about

Jan 24, 2020, 11:20 AM

losing half of our games or else Karen will want to speak with your manager.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Says the guy who would like to see Shaka Smart

Jan 24, 2020, 11:39 AM

as our head coach.

Yes, the same Shaka Smart who has done worse at Texas than Brownell has done at Clemson, despite Texas's significantly better basketball history and support for basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 24, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: If you’re board with basketball this year you’re just a bad fan. ]

Jan 24, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: If you’re board with basketball this year you’re just a bad fan. ]

Dear Lawrd....

Basketball has been "exciting" like a near death experience is "exciting"... Lose to some bad teams badly- then beat Duke and Carolina.

But I will take it. Mercy, I will take that Carolina win. Duke was nice too.

Actually, this season has an Oliver Purnell Feeling. Bad FT, nail-biting wins, never-competitive losses to "meh teams"... knock-off the great teams. Never thought someone would say that about BB.

Ya happy now? You went and woke up the Judge.

Jan 23, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to It's downtime for Football Fans and we're board with BB.*** ]

and his ralph will be furiouser than the furiouset-t-t...

Jan 23, 2020, 7:53 PM

What's fun is listening to coots saying crap that is totally non-relevant to anything in their attempt at criticizing our fantastic program. They no longer talk X's and O's, which is okay since they never understood that stuff.

Jan 23, 2020, 9:03 PM

The coots can't even spell X and O.

I found it hilarious when a FGF poaster said that Clemson losing the National Championship would...

Jan 23, 2020, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: How are we not ]

Negatively affect our recruiting.

Hahahaha.

Oh, no!!! We finished #2 in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. We’re doomed!!!

If only we were 4-8, then recruits would be FLOCKING to us.

??

~JKB

Who cares what dey say?

Jan 23, 2020, 8:29 PM

SCREW EM!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares what dey say?

Jan 23, 2020, 8:33 PM

Have the coots mentioned how they plan to avoid another losing season?

Agreed

Jan 23, 2020, 8:41 PM

No one thought FSUs elite status was on jeopardy when Tennessee beat them in the first BCS championship game in 97-98.

They won it all the next year and we're very good for years after.

Jan 23, 2020, 8:47 PM

Many of our coot "friends" often remind us no one outside of our neighboring states even know where Clemson is located. It doesn't bother me one bit when others talk about the Tigers, good or bad. That's free publicity. If it's good, they are recognizing our accomplishments. If it's bad, they envy our accomplishments. As Red Barber,the famous radio announcer for the NY Yankees, used to say, and I paraphrase, "When we are sitting in the catbird seat, everyone wants to take a potshot at us".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 9:11 PM

It bugs you guys because:

1) You’re insecure about the fact that your success is pretty recent, so you dog programs that have been relevant for longer.
2) As much as you try to justify it to yourself, you know that your schedule is, in fact, complete garbage.

Sometimes I have trouble paying attention to games (like Utah St for instance) because the opponents are so bad. It’s boring. That must be how Clemson feels every year when they play (insert division II ACC team here).

Enjoy it while it lasts... LSU will be here long after the ACC gets the PAC12 treatment, and I’ll come say hey on your board if I haven’t gotten banned for being rational by that point.

Does LSU still have a football team?

Jan 23, 2020, 9:15 PM

I thought everyone left the state immediately after winning the title.

~JKB

Re: Does LSU still have a football team?

Jan 23, 2020, 9:37 PM

I thought everyone left the state immediately after winning the title.

~JKB

And we still kept winning! Amazing. Not as amazing as going 29-0 in the ACC though. Apparently Syracuse is really good this year.

We’ll take that as a no.***

Jan 23, 2020, 9:38 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 23, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Does LSU still have a football team? ]

Give it a rest dude. We get it.

Jan 23, 2020, 10:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 11:18 PM

ddraines® said:

Meaning he’s been spouting the same pro-LSU #### over and over again.

He knows LSU is 8-4 next year at best***

Jan 24, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Does LSU still have a football team? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Does LSU still have a football team? ]

~JKB

Jan 24, 2020, 5:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Does LSU still have a football team? ]

Schedule, ACC, Syracuse, blah blah blah....
Clemson would’ve waltzed through the SEC East with their eyes closed and played for the conference and you know it. The whole Clemson’s schedule narrative has really gotten played out and is nothing but an excuse for all the “blue-bloods” to pull out when Clemson kicks their butts. Nice little one & done for LSU, but it’s over faster than it started. You may go now...

Jan 23, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: How are we not ]

Another corn dog. Just laying in the bushes. Nothing to do. Nothing to keep u busy over on secrant? Pitiful

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicholls***

Jan 23, 2020, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: How are we not ]

Jan 24, 2020, 2:15 AM [ in reply to Re: How are we not ]

Clemson 69-5 last 5 years with 2 Natty’s
LSU 53-14 last 5 with 1 Natty will be back to losing 4 games a year in 2020
Coots 4-8 and have never won nothing!

Last 5 for the Real Clemson Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 24, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: How are we not ]

the504 said:

1) You’re insecure about the fact that your success is pretty recent, so you dog programs that have been relevant for longer.
2) As much as you try to justify it to yourself, you know that your schedule is, in fact, complete garbage.

Sometimes I have trouble paying attention to games (like Utah St for instance) because the opponents are so bad. It’s boring. That must be how Clemson feels every year when they play (insert division II ACC team here).

Enjoy it while it lasts... LSU will be here long after the ACC gets the PAC12 treatment, and I’ll come say hey on your board if I haven’t gotten banned for being rational by that point.

This goes back 13 years and we have more wins against the sec than some of the teams in your on conference.

CLEMSON SUCCESS VS. SEC OPPONENTS

Clemson has enjoyed a recent run of success against opponents from the Southeastern Conference. While the Tigers are 17-9 against SEC foes under the guidance of Head Coach Dabo Swinney, Clemson's success against the SEC has been particularly pronounced as of late, as the Tigers are 11-3 against the conference in the College Football Playoff era, including a 9-1 mark in regular season play during that time frame.

Clemson has won nine of its last 10 against the SEC since the start of the 2016 season, including all seven games in regular season play.

Clemson's nine wins against SEC opponents since 2016 exceed the SEC win totals of three of the conference's active members. Clemson's nine wins against the SEC outpace the totals of Ole Miss (eight), Vanderbilt (eight) and Arkansas (four) in that time frame.

Swinney's 17 wins against SEC opponents date back to his final game as an interim coach, when he defeated South Carolina and Steve Spurrier, 31-14, at Clemson.

That victory led to his hiring as Clemson's full-time coach the Monday after that victory.

Swinney’s 17 non-conference wins against SEC teams are the most by any non-SEC coach since 2008. Texas A&M Head Coach Jimbo Fisher, ranks second with 10 from his tenure at Florida State, and former Georgia Tech Head Coach Paul Johnson ranks third with eight.

Jan 25, 2020, 2:26 PM

the504 said:

Clemson has won nine of its last 10 against the SEC since the start of the 2016 season, including all seven games in regular season play.

Clemson's nine wins against SEC opponents since 2016 exceed the SEC win totals of three of the conference's active members. Clemson's nine wins against the SEC outpace the totals of Ole Miss (eight), Vanderbilt (eight) and Arkansas (four) in that time frame.

That can't be right. You lost to Bama in 2017 (Jan 2018) prior to LSU, so that's at lest two losses.

But here's the thing: you are comparing your win total to the worst teams in the conference (Ole Miss, Vandy & Ark). And those 7 wins in regular season play includes 4 against South Carolina. I mean look how much y'all disrespect the coots, then you turn around and beat your chest about beating them. Really? And the other wins I'm guessing were against a 5-loss Auburn (by the same margin we beat them by that year), a 4-loss Auburn (without Kerryon Johnson), a 4-loss A&M (getting the benefit of one of the most controversial endings of the season), and a 5-loss A&M this year by just a little more than we did this year with our anemic offense. Hardly the best of the SEC.

Right now your team is playing at the highest level in the history of your program. But your coach still comes on TV crying about "being disrespected". What so many Clemson folks seem to not realize is that's a self-fulfilling prophecy. It just demonstrates you have a thin skin. You want to be respected? Don't say a word about it. But your coach can't help himself.

And yes, if you were in the SEC these last few years, you would certainly be competitive in the league. But if you think, or say, you would waltz through the conference like you have the ACC, well, that's when you start to lose that respect. Even in the "lowly" East, who by the way went 6-2 vs the ACC this year and 9-4 over the last 2 (with every loss being by USC).

Enjoy your team's success. Forget about what color the grass is in someone else's yard.

Jan 23, 2020, 10:04 PM

Being where we are, and gonna be, can only be enjoyed to the max if we have thick skin. Ain't no problem if the acc is down. We been playing 3 sec teams for a while, and the only sec team to beat us in recent history was ranked no.1. We not gonna be falling off the map. Let the haters hate. Nobody can rub salt in ye wound if you don't have a sore spot.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic