Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: FS1's Cowherd: Clemson could be 'all-time great team'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: FS1's Cowherd: Clemson could be 'all-time great team'

Aug 20, 2019, 7:43 PM

FS1's Cowherd: Clemson could be 'all-time great team'

Fox Sports TV/radio host Colin Cowherd has come around on the Tigers after a rocky public relationship going back as recently as the 2016 championship run. Now Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't care what he said then, don't care what he says now***

Aug 20, 2019, 7:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

How about 15-0 this past season over Bama’s best team?

Aug 20, 2019, 7:55 PM

Dude talked about GT like he didn’t know they changed coaching staff and philosophy - and he probably doesn’t.

Appreciate the props, but this is why this kind of discussion is useless to anyone who knows the program. Must be nice to get paid to spout something you know 15% about.

I also noticed the way he spoke in regard to our academics with the comparison to Stanford - which wasn’t very accurate, or at least put in context appropriately.

Re: TNET: FS1's Cowherd: Clemson could be 'all-time great team'

Aug 20, 2019, 8:05 PM

Bandwagon blowhard

Aug 20, 2019, 8:08 PM

LOL, Have a chance to be the best team ever? Where has Cowherd been? Clemson is the reigning "Best Team Ever"!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 11:00 PM

I cannot know, but if you reflect on the recent "best teams ever" list, we were on it. but not on top. cowherd just predicted us to be 15-0 again this year. so, if last years team was among the best and this years team also goes undefeated then perhaps he is suggesting that this years team will remove all doubt. regardless. he was saying a lot of nice things about us and I'm not so tired of winning that such has ceased to be well received.

Aug 20, 2019, 8:31 PM

Hahahahahahaha “They’ll be overconfident and are going to get wacked by Georgia Tech”

Aug 20, 2019, 8:33 PM

In your silly coot dreams

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is saying

Aug 20, 2019, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FS1's Cowherd: Clemson could be 'all-time great team' ]

And I agree, that this team could be better than last years championship team. Appears that he has accepted the fact that the Tigers are a super organization and have arrived at the top. Not much to get upset about. Looks like coach S has won him over.

Re: I think he is saying

Aug 21, 2019, 10:02 AM

Better O — Worse D.

Losing CW42, Dex, CF99, AB7 will be impactful, and D will be more susceptible to the run. The beauty is opponents will be scrambling to catch up and susceptible to to sacks and TFL’s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he is saying

Aug 21, 2019, 10:04 AM

AND interceptions!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there's one idiot jumping on the bandwagon

Aug 20, 2019, 8:43 PM

What's next mark may and fall pinbomb, oh wait maybe Stephen A (insert synonym for donkey here) Smith will request an behind the scenes interview with the staff, and proclaim, "we've had many dinners and are close friends". Don't buy their bs first game we don't cover the spread by 1 point they will return to the talentless jackals they are which suits me fine. Being their golden boy so to speak is the kiss of death.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there's one idiot jumping on the bandwagon

Aug 20, 2019, 8:43 PM

What's next mark may and fall pinbomb, oh wait maybe Stephen A (insert synonym for donkey here) Smith will request an behind the scenes interview with the staff, and proclaim, "we've had many dinners and are close friends". Don't buy their bs first game we don't cover the spread by 1 point they will return to the talentless jackals they are which suits me fine. Being their golden boy so to speak is the kiss of death.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he is right. Hope players dont read about it.***

Aug 20, 2019, 9:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 10:50 PM

He ate a ton of crow on his program after he was proven wrong on his "Clemson is a fraud" segment. Unlike most talking heads, he said over, and over how wrong he was. Ever since, he has been a believer.

His GT statement was sarcasm. So enjoy the props, and appreciate his take on this team.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:59 PM

Agreed. He was very complimentary.

I agree that he ate several helpings of crow,

Aug 21, 2019, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FS1's Cowherd: Clemson could be 'all-time great team' ]

not just a little bite. What I would like to see, though, is acknowledgement of the FACT that the 2018 team is the GOAT.

What he should be saying--and all rest of the talking heads--is this team may set the bar even higher than last year's squad. The greatest may be even greater and then be greater still.

So, I appreciate what he said, but he didn't go quite far enough.

Just wait til the best class we've ever signed gets on campus. Greater and greater.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I only care about Finebaum! I want to feel his gentle caress of our program.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:05 PM

I long for his metaphorical embrace of Clemson. Why can't we have you Paul? Why??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ray poison ?? lol. GO TIGERS!!!***

Aug 21, 2019, 6:33 AM

That's nice and all, but remember

Aug 21, 2019, 8:05 AM

Cowherd, just like most microphone jockeys, will turn on a team in a second if it gets him listeners. He's interested in dollars, not objectivity. The moment we stumble--and according to most pundits, "stumble" means lose any game by less than 21 points--he'll be just another shark in the water.

Too late to make up now, Cowturd. Go back to pumping

Aug 21, 2019, 8:09 AM

Bama, where you're comfortable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 8:35 AM

Uh oh... I was feeling pretty confident about 2019... now I am worried.

That's high praise! He must believe we're even better than

Aug 21, 2019, 9:06 AM

Bama's all-time best team from last year!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there's something Cowherd loves, it's

Aug 21, 2019, 10:31 AM

Clemson. He loves Clemson and always has.

No, that's not right. He loves ratings. Ratings equals money. He really loves money. He likes working, talking about sports, probably on Fox rather than ESPN (Every Slant Political Network), and making money for doing so.

Proclaiming Clemson as the best sets his show apart. All but one guy at ESPN is still sniffing Alabama's jock, so he is the guy who can go all in on Clemson and then turn out to be a genius when they win. If they lose, he'll still have viewers/listeners because they want to know how he'll explain their collapse.

Aug 21, 2019, 10:49 AM

Rat poison.

Aug 21, 2019, 11:07 AM

Let's consider the source before we gush too much. Cowherd is a shock jock. His show is short on substance and high on exploiting emotion. Thanks for the compliments, but this Tiger's memory is as good if not better than an elephast's.

This was Cowherd at the end of November on his Fox radio show:

“Clemson’s a fraud. Clemson’s gonna get their ears boxed by whoever they play,” Cowherd said before the Playoff. “They should have three losses, maybe four. I don’t buy into Clemson. They’re the New York Giants of college football. I don’t care what their record is. I don’t buy into ‘em. And I had Clemson in the final four, so I should be rooting for ‘em. I got no dog in the fight here. I think USC is the second-best team in the country, and Vegas agrees.”

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/1/10/14223006/colin-cowherd-dabo-swinney-fraud-clemson-national-championship

If Stephen A Smith ranks Clemson #1...

Aug 21, 2019, 12:10 PM

and Clemson #2 then #3, #4 and #5 I will not be comfortable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rat Poison***

Aug 21, 2019, 1:18 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic