Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Stupid For GOVERNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

How Stupid For GOVERNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO..

Mar 30, 2020, 10:53 PM

Since I’ve Been Out Twice In Last 6-14 Days In SAV Ga & Safest Place In The World Is Putting In Your Boat, Usually Without A Soul In Sight Next To You, And When Underway It’s You & Virtually Nobody On The Waterways.

The Problem I Did See Were Fisherpeoples Sitting or Standing Rather Closely..

And All Over The Docks Meant For Boaters ONLY So To Secure Their Boats! Burns Me Up Since They Look At You As If You’re The Villain When You Need To Secure Your Boat After Taking It Off The Trailer..And When Coming In..

And They Have Taken Up Every Tie-up Cleat Area and Their Lines Are Everywhere Your Boat Needs To Be!!

Where is SPuD when you need a Hoss or Enforcer?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How Stupid For GOVORNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO..

Mar 30, 2020, 11:02 PM

Well as much as I love hearing you and Spuds stories, he had no choice. He's under tremendous pressure and he doesn't want to call for an all out shelter in place... But if the irresponsible people keep subverting the order, he'll have no choice.

He's getting it from all sides. I give him props for trying to do the right thing... He's also trying to discourage others coming here.

So please don't blame Henry. It's the few idgits that spoil the pot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With that line of thinking.....

Mar 31, 2020, 8:14 AM

He might as well bring back prohibition. SMFH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Mar 31, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: How Stupid For GOVORNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO.. ]

If McMasters wants to avoid shelter-in-place (which might be the smartest move) he has to be logical about his selective measures. Boating seems pretty safe - at least until we see greater traffic at boat ramps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: How Stupid For GOVORNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO.. ]

I have never been more proud to have moved to NC about 4 years ago as I have been in the last month. Roy Cooper is 10x the Gov. that McMaster is. I do not dislike McMaster but he seems to have no control over what he is doing while Cooper has been engaged and progressive

Mar 31, 2020, 11:31 AM

Could you go into a few details as to what's been done differently in NC thus far?

Mar 31, 2020, 11:45 AM

Started testing earlier and have tested more.
Declared a state of emergency 3 days before SC.
Let country's close beaches and have not had back and forth about who can shut down their city such as what happened with Greenville.
Have set a shelter in place already.
Just listen to Cooper speak and the listen to McMaster speak.
I consider myself as much a Souther Carolinian as I do NC. I love SC and live right on the boarder anyways. I have nothing against McMaster but one Gov. seems like he knows what he is doing while the other looks and seems lost imo.

Mar 31, 2020, 11:46 AM

Counties***

Mar 31, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: How Stupid For GOVORNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO.. ]

There's no doubt that Cooper has taken strong steps and most people would consider that to be in line with his leanings toward government over step and restrictions on personal liberties.

Mar 31, 2020, 2:39 PM

I do believe both want what is best for their states and both seem to care. Cooper just seems much more in tune with what is going on imo.

Apr 1, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: How Stupid For GOVORNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO.. ]

Agree, and I'm particularly impressed with the coordination between he and the major hospital systems up there....especially those in the Charlotte area. I work for one of them, and his office has been fantastic. Constant updates, we don't have to call etc.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

### good thing it isn't duck season!***

Mar 30, 2020, 11:06 PM

Re: ### good thing it isn't duck season!***

Mar 31, 2020, 7:27 AM

icutigris said:

Also good thing it’s not Wabbit season. You will understand if you watched Bugs Bunny growing up.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 9:06 AM

be wery wery qwiet

Mar 31, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: ### good thing it isn't duck season!*** ]

nctiger622 said:

icutigris said:

Also good thing it’s not Wabbit season. You will understand if you watched Bugs Bunny growing up.

I actually have thought he sounds like Foghorn Leghorn. Still Mel Blanc though. ;)

What is even more stupid is that he issues this at 6:30

Mar 30, 2020, 11:48 PM

and says it is effective IMMEDIATELY. He just made violators out of all the boaters who were on the water making their way back to the ramp. Whatever happened to common sense? - NC made their stay-in-place order effective on Monday instead of immediately. So I can't put my boat in the water tomorrow and tie it at my dock? And no more than 3 boats a day use the ramp closest to my house.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's shutting them down because he easily can since they're

Mar 30, 2020, 11:50 PM

state owned. He'd like to shut down a lot more, but doesn't have the cajones yet.

Mar 30, 2020, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate it but I guess he saw what I did this weekend?

Mar 31, 2020, 7:14 AM

.....pontoons FULL of people?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate it but I guess he saw the same this weekend?

Mar 31, 2020, 7:16 AM

.....pontoons FULL of people?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate it but I guess he saw the same this weekend?

Mar 31, 2020, 7:33 AM

As always the few penalize the many

All rules and regulations are flexible
read the order it has a front and back door

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 7:51 AM

Thank god he did.

Charleston’s waterways and public landings have looked like Fourth of July lately with it being near 90. Beaches are closed if you don’t have a house so people just headed out to Morris, Capers and sandbars instead.

Mar 31, 2020, 9:02 AM

Absolutely....i was out there this past weekend and it was packed. Rafts of boats tied up together and sandbars/beaches packed with people. The ramp shutdown was bound to happen with what was going on. The lakes and the cooper were slammed.

Re: How Stupid For GOVERNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO..

Mar 31, 2020, 9:00 AM

Makes no sense but you have to remember this is the same guy who said people staying here for 2 nights or more had to quarantine for 2 weeks.

I love his accent though.

Mar 31, 2020, 9:01 AM

If you had seen Hartwell last weekend it would be obvious. Minority of people ruining everything for the rest of us.

Of course my boat is always in the water so the restrictions don’t effect me...until they shut down the marinas.

Mar 31, 2020, 9:25 AM

That will probably be next

Mar 31, 2020, 12:59 PM

Just find a friend that has a private ramp and go fishing.

Mar 31, 2020, 1:02 PM

My uncle and Aunt own to homes on the lake Hartwell and Keowee, both have docks and ramps to launch.

great, since our boat ramps here in gawga are open all yall

Mar 31, 2020, 1:16 PM

boaters from sc are coming down here and hogging all the dock space, but we can't cross over into sc without staying 2 weeks minimum! ;)

Mar 31, 2020, 2:00 PM

I wonder if the Portman Marina ramp will still be open ? do any of you know?

Apr 1, 2020, 6:25 AM

Apr 1, 2020, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: How Stupid For GOVERNOR To Shut Down Boat Ramps IMHO.. ]

It is closed too, we have annual launch permit and can't use it now. I at least have a pond at my house to fish and we had been stocking it the last month so all is not lost. Golf courses you are next on Henry's hit list.

Mar 31, 2020, 2:31 PM

You can thank your fellow citizens for that. If you notice he said DNR requested the closures. I live on a 55000 acre lake in center of state and this weekend the boat traffic was as heavy as the Forth of July. Boats every where and tied up in coves with hundreds of people gathered having a good old time. When we saw all the people we knew it was coming.

Mar 31, 2020, 2:33 PM

Yep we can thank the Redneck Yacht Clubs

Mar 31, 2020, 2:52 PM

I am blessed to live on a 40 acre private pond . Have not seen anyone but family for days. Caught enough bass for 2 meals the other day. If it was Goose season I'd harvest the 2 pooping on my dock. It is turkey season , and they taste better than geese anyway. Trying to make the best of a bad situation, and can't wait for Clemson Football.

Mar 31, 2020, 6:39 PM

That's awesome man. A personal 40 acre bass haven. What a blessing.

Mar 31, 2020, 5:52 PM

i thought they closed them because of the millions of dead people floating around.

Very stupid and won’t work

Apr 1, 2020, 12:54 AM

I would bet 90% of the boats are docked and owners on Lake Murray don’t use Ramps every weekend.
And very disappointed to remove a source of open air safe enjoyment at a time like this.
If he had any guts or sense he would issue a hard line on more than 4 people on a boat. And no tie ups. And have DNR issue tickets. It would stop real fast.

Apr 1, 2020, 1:38 PM

Work around.

Find a friend or a friend of a friend, etc. with a private lake house with ramp and promise to stay 6' away from anyone while casting your boat. Bring a gallon sprayer of dilute Clorox to spray down the area you have physically contacted while on the property.

I blame yankee transplant trash.

Apr 1, 2020, 7:02 PM

:) thats who does NOT belong here. NEW YAWKUHS.. New Joysee.. floridians and californians. :)

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Apr 1, 2020, 7:27 PM

I think your light bulb just burned out...I don't think he is doing enough.
He wants President Trump to do it for him.

WHO the He!! would thumbs down THIS?***

Apr 1, 2020, 9:33 PM

uhhhh I saw

Apr 1, 2020, 9:50 PM

a boat with about 10 kids on it the other day partying, and several other very similar. YOu may behave responsibly, but not everyone does and they ruin it for everyone else. he made the right call deal with it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uhhhh I saw

Apr 2, 2020, 1:52 PM

a7xgates said:

a boat with about 10 kids on it the other day partying, and several other very similar. YOu may behave responsibly, but not everyone does and they ruin it for everyone else. he made the right call deal with it

And as a responsible parent. Kids are confined to the house or our property. Car keys are on the board. School is closed, Church is closed. Everything in kids life is closed. But the house looks great. We’re Eating together, playing sports in the front yard. Doing things as a family. Life is good!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stop using caps it hurts your message, virtually unreadable

Apr 1, 2020, 10:14 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic