Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Basketball could possibly make the tourney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,052

How Basketball could possibly make the tourney

Jan 24, 2020, 2:13 PM

If we finish conference play at 12-8 and win lets say 1-2 games in the ACC Tournament. Do you think we make the tourney?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How Basketball could possibly make the tourney

Jan 24, 2020, 2:25 PM

YES. NO. MAYBE. I DON't know. We will see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it begins***

Jan 24, 2020, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't going to use this opportunity

Jan 24, 2022, 11:37 AM

to tell us that our coaches and players stink, and that there is no way we will possibly make the tournament? Because that's what you usually do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

True, but then again that's what our basketball team usually

Jan 24, 2020, 3:48 PM

does also.

Re: You aren't going to use this opportunity

Jan 24, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to You aren't going to use this opportunity ]

Quote a single time I’ve said we wouldn’t make the tourney and been wrong. Or any time I’ve ever said anything negative about a player. I’ll delete my account if you can. You’re a liar deflecting as usual. While we’re at it, where is your follow up to telling me the 5th in NET / 6th in RPI ACC isn’t terrible this year?

The ACC not being quite as strong this year =/= the ACC being terrible.

Jan 24, 2020, 9:34 PM

You’re deflecting.

Support this team. I dare you.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The ACC not being quite as strong this year =/= the ACC being terrible.

Jan 24, 2020, 9:57 PM

For the better part of my life the ACC was THE college basketball conference. Dominant in a way that breathless ESPN commentators try to convince us the SEC is in football. Terrible is a subjective word so I can’t argue as a point of fact. But, as someone who has watched Clemson basketball longer than the Brownell era, for the ACC to be the worst Power 5 conference in basketball (which it is by both metrics) is terrible. If being dead last amongst major conferences =/= to being terrible is a sword you want to die on then more power to you.

Also, i don’t think you know what deflecting means. I, as usual, am responding directly to your statements and assertions. You are the one changing the subject and running away when plainly wrong.

I don’t think you are interested in supporting this team.***

Jan 24, 2020, 10:48 PM

Re: I don’t think you are interested in supporting this team.***

Jan 24, 2020, 11:40 PM

That line of questioning / attack is deflective on it’s face. It’s also purely argumentative. There is nothing I can say that will persuade you I’m good enough as a fan. And what would I use to prove anything anyway? You use the idea that someone doesn’t support the team well enough / isn’t a “real” fan commonly (on myself and others) when you’ve lost on actual facts. Just as you have now deflected from discussing the ACC rank of dead last amongst major conferences this season. Which is what makes your “how we make the NCAA tourney” rhetoric all the more ridiculous. The table is set. The ACC is looking at a 5 bid year. But you would have to care more about Clemson basketball than Brownell’s continued paycheck to be honest about where our chances really stand.

Actually, the easiest way is to WIN the ACCT

Jan 24, 2020, 2:56 PM

I don't think Clemson has ever won the ACCT :( However, there is always the first time, why not this year ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well we made the finals back in 2008

Jan 24, 2020, 3:22 PM

and we can certainly do it again and win it.

Man that was a fun team with Booker, Mays, Rivers, Hammonds, TO and Stitt. I'm missing a starter from that list, at forward...I can't remember, getting too old!

Heck of a coaching staff too with OP, Shaka Smart and Ron Bradley.

It would be fun to have that excitement again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Our starters that year were

Jan 24, 2020, 3:32 PM

typically Booker, Mays, Rivers, Hammonds, and Stitt.

Sam Perry started half of the games, but only averaged about 10 minutes per game. Raymond Sykes started 6 games, and averaged almost 15 minutes per game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/clemson/2008.html

Re: Our starters that year were

Jan 24, 2020, 7:26 PM

I still can’t believe we lost Stitt so young. One of my all time favorites.

One of mine too. He played with a fearlessness I loved to see.

Jan 24, 2020, 9:36 PM

Dawes reminds me of him in that way.

I had to cheat and look it up, in that ACC Final Perry was

Jan 24, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Well we made the finals back in 2008 ]

our other starter:

Hammonds - 34 mins
Rivers - 34 mins
Perry - 15 mins
Mays - 33 mins
Booker - 33 mins

Potter and Sykes came off the bench for 10 mins each, Stitt got 17 mins off the bench and TO got 14 off the bench.

Rivers had 28 points in that game, he was such a great player for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Just saw this post.

Jan 24, 2020, 3:04 PM

My thoughts are here:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Our-path-to-the-NCAA-Tournament-1976095?tstart=0

Re: How Basketball could possibly make the tourney

Jan 24, 2020, 8:03 PM

If they expand the tournament 128 teams it will be no problem

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,052
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic