Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hopkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,902

Hopkins

Jun 12, 2020, 11:59 PM

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m expecting D Hopkins to drop a big donation to Clemson. If he felt so oppressed, I wonder why a local guy with so much talent would choose to go to Clemson. Then after 3 years of growth and the opportunities that he was given, he would go to the NFL and not even give the place any credit. Perhaps he’s changed his mind a little. He came out and gave Dabo the credit he deserves but I just don’t understand. I graduated from the greatest place on earth too, but I didn’t have the same opportunities as him. I’ve always felt like he didn’t appreciate those opportunities as he would not even say the name of the school that loved him and offered him the opportunity to get to where he is today. He’s a great player and I’m sure that his time at Clemson made him a better player and a better person. I’ve always felt that history, good or bad, is something that can teach us something. We need to embrace it and learn from it not try to erase it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopkins

Jun 13, 2020, 12:09 AM

Was Hopkins a student in the honors college??

I know he left school before graduating and I am pretty certain he has not come back to finish his degree.

Years ago he said the reason for him stating he was from Daniel high school and not Clemson in player introductions was because college is a Ponzi scheme

Never let a good opportunity go to waste I guess

What will the mobs demands be next… Waiting for them to want to change the name of the town and school since he was also a slave owner segregationist and actually joined the confederacy unlike his father-in-law???

Jun 13, 2020, 12:09 AM

I dunno man, the Tillman thing bothered him as a black man and he spoke out. I have ZERO issues with that and neither should anyone.

I would argue that we were even MORE lucky he chose to come to Clemson and help us win together.

You need to embrace Nuk like I do. He is our brother.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuk is our brother when it suits him.

Jun 13, 2020, 12:27 AM

He hasnt been out brother since he made it to the NFL, and to my knowledge, never really told us why until now. Maybe now that he's had his way he'll come back. I hope not.

I can't change your heart

Jun 13, 2020, 12:37 AM

only you can.

Read brother, embrace our Lord.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopkins ]

I I am thankful for anyone who chooses to come to Clemson whether that is to play football or another sport or just as a student or professor.

I would hope that anybody that chooses to come here will improve the University.

Even before this week, it seemed like he was not appreciative of his time and experience at the University.

I hope the name changes will make him proud to be a Clemson Tiger if that is truly what was bothering him even though that is contrary to what he Previously stated and I personally feel they should not have changed the names.

Jun 13, 2020, 12:40 AM

Thank you man. I appreciate you simply arguing how you feel without being so negative. Tolerance works in every direction. I hold any side of any argument accountable trust me. I don't care who I #### off.

Jul 16, 2020, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopkins ]

You have zero clue what Nuk grew up in and/or with. It's nice you can sit on your ivory tower and splain to him how he should feel. Shame on you. These athletes risk (literally, I mean-literally) their lives for our entertainment. They make the sacrifice, not you.

Jul 16, 2020, 12:28 AM

Sweet Scok. Love the thread too. Coots are stupid as is your fake profile. Do you go by bone-r Or Spaz....

Mods.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 8:42 AM

Oh snap you caught me, der der der hooohooo hooo!! You can let the rest of your Tnet squad know you caught ya another person that doesn't agree with your thinking so they must be a coot. What does Scok stand for? Sounds like a self-righteous internet acronym. My real name is Micheal but all my buddies in the park call me Bingo. Nice to meet you too. Have a great day! Maybe we could have a lemonade after you get home from church. I'm going to delete my account now because you figured me out and I can't stand all of you self-righteous alumni that always look down on anyone speaking a different thought or tone! Bye! Go Tigers!!

Jun 13, 2020, 4:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4nJ3QkjIQ

Jun 13, 2020, 4:08 AM

I'm happy Hopkins came to Clemson and I'm proud of him for speaking up.

Jun 13, 2020, 9:25 AM

Fact is, he was offended after the fact. He has stated before the Ponzi scheme angle on several occasions and now changed to the oppressive building names. Selective outrage based on the crisis of the moment. Nothing more. Just be honest, just say, hey I just found out this guy was terrible, can we take his name off. But to say you were oppressed by it, no dice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 5:50 AM

Bingo. You nailed it.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopkins ]

The real issue is, was and always will he the love people gave Watkins when they were both here. I have always felt Nuk was the better reciever, Sammy better with the ball in his hands. But Nuk all but admitted the jealousy angle a few years back. Time to let it go man. Some of us DID like you better, but your getting paid now, so it's all good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic