Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of opening new businesses. Here is mine..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 401

Speaking of opening new businesses. Here is mine..

Jan 13, 2021, 11:39 AM

I am just a 50% investor. I owned an ice cream business with this guy. That did just okay, but covid finished that off for good this past year. Anyway, he owns a bunch of burger places called Zing Burger. I have no part of that, but we went in on some chicken version of the similar thing. We only have 1 store. The 2nd one will open in September if this one doesn't fail. It's doing pretty ok under the circumstances. Anyway, the first link is to Zing Burger, which I have no part in, but the 2nd link is the one I do. Anyway...

This is popular there and he is my partner on the other one. I have no part of this, but gives you an idea.

https://www.zingburger.hu/en/

https://www.facebook.com/crunchy.budapest/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of opening new businesses. Here is mine..

Jan 13, 2021, 11:44 AM

Forgot to add a detail. It's in Budapest. It's a lot less expensive there to start a business and there is no red tape to open, unlike the US. Let's say there was a place next door that served alcohol and we did not, you could cut a hole in the wall and make a place to pass things back and forth and it's not a violation of anything.

I've been exploring opening a health food restaurant

Jan 13, 2021, 11:44 AM

where you would come in and select from a wide range of microwaveable Lean Cuisine meals, and after you make your choice the staff would microwave it for you and then bring it to your table. Pretty sure nobody has even come up with that idea, so I'll be a brazillionaire in a few months.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been exploring opening a health food restaurant

Jan 13, 2021, 11:46 AM

That is a lock. You might need to branch out and allow some fatty Stouffer's stuff though.

That's probably a good idea.

Jan 13, 2021, 11:49 AM

Maybe add in some Marie Callender stuff to really get some variety.

Also have one of those signs on the wall that says

Jan 13, 2021, 11:51 AM

something like "Attn: We don't start microwaving your food until you order it so please, if you're in hurry, go elsewhere"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm really considering using authentic microwaves for the

Jan 13, 2021, 11:55 AM

various dishes too. Like...French microwaves for French cuisine, Mexican microwaves for Mexican cuisine, German microwaves for German cuisine, and so on. I'd hate to think we were not serving the most authentic microwave meals we possibly could.

Re: I'm really considering using authentic microwaves for the

Jan 13, 2021, 12:08 PM

I think there is a big niche demand for eating out at places where using only authentic microwaves that fit the particular country of origins style of food. This will be much better than the farm to table craze.

Would you like to charge up to 60% more for these

Jan 13, 2021, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I've been exploring opening a health food restaurant ]

exquisite meals? Get out your notepad: TABLESIDE MICROWAVING.

People love the pomp and circumstance of food being prepared right at their tableside by skilled waitstaff. Are they waiters, or chefs? WHO EVEN KNOWS AT THIS POINT? Also, people dig fire, so maybe throw a fork in for the last 12 seconds of the cycle for some pyrotechnics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IT'S LIKE FONDUEWAVING YOUR FOOD.***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:56 AM

like that bar in SF or somewhere

Jan 13, 2021, 12:01 PM [ in reply to I've been exploring opening a health food restaurant ]

that had microwaveable food for their entire menu

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It's called Pinera Bread.***

Jan 13, 2021, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I've been exploring opening a health food restaurant ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS A MICROWAVE BAKERY.***

Jan 13, 2021, 12:03 PM

Hope you find lots of Hungary customers.***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:45 AM

congrats on the small biz, but one question

Jan 13, 2021, 11:48 AM

Where's the beef?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: congrats on the small biz, but one question

Jan 13, 2021, 11:51 AM

I am in the chicken side. Did you look at that?

I was just looking at the big pic that popped up as

Jan 13, 2021, 11:52 AM

the preview

Re: I was just looking at the big pic that popped up as

Yeah that pic does look skimpy. I thought the same.

You own part of a restaurant in Budapest?

Jan 13, 2021, 11:55 AM

This doesn't scream email scam at all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I turn down stuff like that all the time. I think everyone

is interested in partnering with me because I'm in the "Who's who of American Bald 46 Year Olds" book.

Re: You own part of a restaurant in Budapest?

Jan 13, 2021, 11:59 AM [ in reply to You own part of a restaurant in Budapest? ]

Well, I owned a couple fledgling ice cream shops there for about 5 years. I have spent a lot of time there. It's an interesting story how it came to fruition. That said, Budapest is completely normal place. They have a highly educated population. Google has big offices there. It's nothing weird. Communism just held them back so they are still behind the times a touch, but they are moving forward now big time.

Crazy coincidence.

Jan 13, 2021, 12:06 PM

I used to own a pest control service that used Indian religious philosophy to get rid or ants, roaches, and mice.

It was called Buddha Pests.

That's awesome! I used to sell frozen dinners aimed at males

Jan 13, 2021, 12:07 PM

We called it Hungary Man.

Replies: 22
| visibility 401
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic