Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly thinking of selling my season tickets for the year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Honestly thinking of selling my season tickets for the year.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:37 AM

just having a rough time with depression and anxiety. Have gone from not missing a game to only making 3 home games last year and none so far this year. I love my tigers but this is beating me and someone should at least get to enjoy them. please contact me if interested. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey man, I hear you reaching out.

Oct 7, 2017, 5:06 AM

I'm not interested in your tix, but I do want better days for you.
Obviously I have no idea what you have going on, but these are 24 hour numbers. Night time cam bw a bear. I'm sure this is a gross over reaction on my part, but better to over react than underreact.

Text: 741741
Phone: 1-800-273-8255

For me, when I've been low, it started getting better with a simple concept: just do the next right thing. I applied it to drinking, home life, heck even diet and exercise. Of course sometimes I'd fall short, but the idea was to just keep trying to do the next right thing.
Seriously, talk to someone and keep yourself safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't know what you are dealing with, but have been where

Oct 7, 2017, 8:10 AM

You are (things that once brought you joy, somehow feel dull and empty now). Keep your head up and don't be afraid to get help, whether it be from a professional or from a loved one.

Life ain't always easy. There's nothing unmanly abut admitting that you need help.

Nice message, Soywaker.***

Oct 7, 2017, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Hey man, I hear you reaching out. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like soy said, talk to someone... It's rarely as bad as it

Oct 7, 2017, 5:12 AM

may seem at the moment. Been there...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly thinking of selling my season tickets for the year.

Oct 7, 2017, 5:14 AM

You're not alone. Prayers.

Oct 7, 2017, 5:24 AM

Hell I know you're not supposed to post personal numbers on here but I think I this should be an exception. I lost my best friend to depression. Hell if you want someone to talk tiger football with or just life in general give me a buzz. I'm always down to take our matchups. 864-901-8864

Oct 7, 2017, 5:24 AM

Talk our matchups*

Life can throw a ton of negativity

Oct 7, 2017, 5:28 AM

At you when you least expect it. You are most definitely not alone and I encourage you to get as much as you can off of your chest, be it to the number soy provided or if it is merely one of the message boards on here. Keeping frustrations bottled up will make any issue worse than it is. Keep your head up and focus on the things in life that you can control.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there buddy.

Oct 7, 2017, 6:20 AM

It was mentioned earlier to talk to someone. I struggle with depression and anxiety as well, so I certainly understand.

Biggest thing, 1) know you are never alone and 2) there are people who do care.

I'm struggling myself a lot lately, and I'm making myself go up today b/c I know the time in the car with some good music playing will be good for me, and, of course, seeing my Tigers play will bring a smile to my face.

I know it's not easy, but find someone to talk to and I'll be praying for you!!

Go Tigers!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hang in there buddy.

Oct 7, 2017, 6:53 AM

This gives me an idea. It seems like there may be folks on here who have no one to enjoy the game with on occasion who would love to go up to a game, have a designated place meet up and hang out for a while just to get away from the grind of life, share stories, banter, commiserate, etc.

I actually toyed with the idea of just getting in my car (I live outside of Atlanta) and driving up without a ticket and seeing if I could pick one up there. Just to change up the routine and to help get my mind off of all the nonsense I am dealing with right now. But I don't have time to organize getting a buddy to jump at the spur of the moment and go with.

So if we could establish a designated spot (thinking somewhere within the Esso club or TTT) and perhaps a couple of time slots before the games (at 4 hours before and 2 hours before kickoff) for folks to gather there, then people would be aware of the protocol and could self opt in to be there and just hang. No pressure, no judging, just hanging and having a few and forgetting the grind... all come and goes as they please.

We could call it "the stragglers club" or "the die hards" or some other nifty name....

Just an idea that crossed my mind. ??????

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 7:08 AM

Good idea, like meet at Tillman hall or something, post a message each week as a reminder on a couple of different message boards.

Oct 7, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Hang in there buddy. ]

Love this string and the positive vibe. Great idea by hufferbilly. Tnet needs more of this kinda stuff. Hang in there clemson2787. The Clemson family is strong. Lean in on that. The best will come.

Just know you are not alone... I am battling it too

Oct 7, 2017, 6:35 AM

Going through a divorce currently.

Drinking way too much beer now... so will need to address that here soon (it is causing negative health effects).

Work has become hyper stressful (my company has been in news lately and it is threatening everyone's livelihood).

And stressed about finances due to the divorce.

Then you have all the crap going on in the news and seemingly every day there is tragedy.

So struggling daily to fight through depression and anxiety attacks.

Just hang in there and NEVER give up. As I keep telling myself, it is never as bad as you think, just like it is never as good as you think. Whether you realize it or not, others depend on you and cherish you. Don't fall into the trap of thinking it is all about yourself. I started forcing myself to help others (volunteer work) and it really has given me a boost and welcomed relief. Reconnecting with family and old friends more often has helped too.

Oct 7, 2017, 7:01 AM

Depression and anxiety are so widespread, I have 2 adult children who struggle with this and have gotten some help by using medications. So please seek a doctor's help as well as calling the numbers offered here to talk to others who truly do understand.
I am an old lady and have seen a lot of life and I can tell you that the old cliches are true: This too shall pass. And Time heals all wounds. Sounds ridiculous to you right now I know.
Hubby and I are heading out to breakfast and wish you were in Greenville so we could drop by and pick you up but in the meantime I am sending you a big grandmother hug and stopping to pray for you right this minute.

Oct 7, 2017, 7:16 AM

I've been there! Hang tight. I felt exactly the same way years ago and was ready to sell out and loose ticket priority. Hung onto the tickets, got some good help and finished my walk through a very dark place. My friend Jesus walked every single step with me. When we came out on the other side....it was a long walk...I was so glad I did nothing drastic. Didn't sell the boat, didn't quit my job, didn't DO ANYTHING SELF DESTRUCTIVE, and kept my tickets. Looking back now......the high ticket priority is sort of a trophy for the healing that went on in my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 7:10 AM

I have a very close friend suffering from the same problems, and even though I do not understand how it affects people, I can see it in them. My deepest sympathies for you and your family trying to work thru it. I wish I had any ideas how to help, but so far, I can't think of anything that seems to help in my friend's case.

I'd love to buy your tickets and attend games, but my health has deteriorated to the point that I probably could not walk to the stadium, much less attempt to climb the steps. So - good luck with your issues, and know that the CLEMSON family is like a rock to rely on.

overall these are small problems. its just. I am pathetic.

Oct 7, 2017, 7:16 AM

So i am slightly autistic. Its very slight but it causes me to deal with things a lot differently take things personally and overthink things. I really cant do anything about it. medicines dont work. it also causes extreme anxiety and depression. most of my "friends" have passed me by. they all have familys and work good jobs now and really have little time. it seems a lot of people were friends with me because the party was at my house, my family comes from a affluent background so we are always willing to help others. I cant count the time people have taken advantage and screwed our family. it seems to me the only time people "care" is when there is a great tragedy. half the people that say they care would not give you bread or water even after years of knowing you.. they just want you off their porch. Anyway, I cant keep a job, ive never dated.. if I did not have help from my family i would be homeless. luckily i have something set up so i will always be okay. still, it is a pretty ###### way to live. miserable, angry, depressed all the time. school is not a option I just cant anymore. Anyway, im done with games. I hate crowds I do.. I think the only way i was able to deal with it even when playing sports was alcohol. I'm just helpless. its all continued to build up. I can admit I am pretty pathetic these days.. Sad and Angry. Personally being such a failure adds to it I can see I no longer belong in tiger town. I can no longer be happy for friends/family and Though at least I will always have Tiger Athletics at least are around to bring a little bit of happiness and for that i am certainly thankful. Go Tigers.

Simplify your life. Identify whatever in life that

Oct 7, 2017, 8:24 AM

Brings you joy..... Not those things that depend on others. It needs to be something that is all about you.

Eliminate everything else.

Go for it!

Go TIgers.

Re: overall these are small problems. its just. I am pathetic.

Oct 7, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to overall these are small problems. its just. I am pathetic. ]

Hang in there brother! Sounds like you are pretty down on yourself. Find something that brings you joy today, maybe the Clemson game, and allow yourself to escape from your problems for the day. One day at time my man. Prayers sent

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Clemson Family!!!!!

Oct 7, 2017, 11:12 AM [ in reply to overall these are small problems. its just. I am pathetic. ]

Kudos to you for having the courage to shed light on your depression/anxiety. Working in the medical field, I can assure you it's very common and you're not alone. There is a lot of negative talk and self doubt in your post that warrants talking to someone. Obviously people care. We've never met you in person, but we all value each other. There are a lot of options out there with meds, counselors, etc. If counseling or medication didn't work before, try it again. Go talk to someone different. Many people just take the medication without appropriate counseling. This is not recommended. It's great you have support from your family. I know it's easier said than done, but don't assess your value based on comparing yourself to others. Like another poster said, take it one day at a time, one hour at a time. Anhedonia is the medical term for what you're describing, which simply means losing interest in things that you once enjoyed. This is a common sign of depression. Again, kudos to you for being real to yourself.

dude, you got it.

Oct 7, 2017, 7:27 AM

Just based on this thread, you know you aren't alone.

In 2008 When I was 26, I started a job in May, my mom died in July and I got married in September.

There times I wouldn't want to leave the house. Over time things get better. Focus on some of the fun stuff and catch some exercise and it will really help you.

I know it's a tough thing and explaining it to someone is nearly impossible.

You got this.

Sending prayers your way.***

Oct 7, 2017, 8:21 AM

null

Oct 7, 2017, 8:27 AM

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you get to keep going to the games; however, I give 1600.00 per year to IPTAY but my health isn’t good enough to climb the upper deck. Have pulmonary fibrosis and leukemia. If your tickets are in the lower bowl I would love to buy them. Where is your parking pass. Please call me at 843-819-3102. I sincerely hope you feel better. If you ever need someone to talk to please call any time. I certainly know what you are going through

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

whenever I feel blue I watch the final drive of the NC game.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:15 AM

Always cheers me up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep you head up. Just

Oct 7, 2017, 9:23 AM

don't beat yourself up about it (that you are depressed). It's not anything to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. And that goes for going to talking to a professional about it.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:25 AM

Fortunately, I've never experienced the problem some of you have but what impresses me is the fact so many of you have offered your help. That alone, tells me a lot about your character. To read your comments has already brightened my day. The greatest gift anyone can give is to give of ourselves. Thank you for your love and concern for a fellow man.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 9:59 AM

I'm currently in Guam, so I'm not there but if you ever want a group to hangout with let me know. My family and friends have a big tailgate on the front lawn of Tillman Hall. Cornhole, KanJam, music, tv's, food, drinks, whole nine yards, they'd love to have ya.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic