Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justin Fuente
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 5,023

Justin Fuente

Dec 4, 2016, 9:58 PM

Is a really good coach . My guess is that VT is about to get control of the ACC Coastal . I mean no disrespect to UNC and Fedora or Miami and Mark Richt because I understand that they are more tenured and are pretty good coaches in their own right ...but VT under Fuente just seems like a team that will rise very quickly . They have great recruiting grounds in the Tidewater/DC/Richmond Metro areas and they have a solid history to recruit around.
Good Luck to them and I for one fully expect to see them in the ACC Championship Game again ...really soon .

Hope to make the Blacksburg trip up there next year as well , always a great venue to see a college football game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Well disciplined team. Not a lot in the turnover or

Dec 4, 2016, 10:03 PM

Penalty dept outside of the pi. An undisciplined team would've folded after us getting up 14 points. But they hung in there. Mentally and physically tough. I agree. I suspect they'll control their division next few years. Still dumbfounded me that they lost to Syracuse and Georgia tech. Think they'd stomp Tennessee if they played them tomorrow.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well disciplined team. Not a lot in the turnover or

Dec 4, 2016, 10:07 PM

No question they are way better since the Syracuse game . For a first year coach with someone else's players he did a heckuva job .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Well disciplined team. Not a lot in the turnover or

Dec 4, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Well disciplined team. Not a lot in the turnover or ]

I agree with everything Dug said, (per usual), but I have to disagree on the discipline sentiment. We each had 8 penalties in last night's game, theirs cost them 89 yards. They also had 2 turnovers.

You want to see a disciplined team? I'd have to say, begrudgingly, that is Alabama. They limited themselves to 2 penalties all game for 14 yards and zero turnovers while Florida had 7 penalties for 53 yards and 3 turnovers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justin Fuente

Dec 4, 2016, 10:07 PM

I have a feeling that Richt will get Miami back up to challenge them. I don't see UNC doing anything. Fedora will leave as soon as sanctions start coming down for all the scandals at UNC. If UVA can get their act together under Bronco Mendenhall that VT/UVA game may start deciding the coastal

Future of ACC football is looking good and competitive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 10:09 PM

Your right about that . The coaching hires in our conference have really been solid lately ...and it all started with a real-estate selling cheerleader from Alabama.

DB23

Dec 4, 2016, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Justin Fuente ]

MR will do nothing with his opportunity at Miami. If he couldn't get it done at ugay, he certainly will not get it done at Miami.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 10:12 PM

I never discount a school surrounded by about 25 division 1 players every year within 20 miles of campus . Most of them 4 and 5 stars at that .

DB23

Dec 5, 2016, 11:23 PM

MR had that much talent at ugay, too, but he couldn't seem to get it done there, either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 10:09 PM

Do not worry about disrespecting them. They do not deserve the concern.

I thought about a Bburg trip too.. then they kept pulling their keys out on 3rd down

Dec 4, 2016, 10:11 PM

and I found it be very passively obnoxious. No way I could tolerate it.. not the noise, I just found the act to be lame.
I just know they all seemed to find their keys and get out quickly after the game.

null

Re: I thought about a Bburg trip too.. then they kept pulling their keys out on 3rd down

Dec 4, 2016, 10:13 PM

Yeah , in Blacksburg that's 45,000 keys .

DB23

Not so sure about that.

Dec 4, 2016, 10:15 PM

Coaches come out blazing a lot of times only to become duds once they are figured out by their opponents. I would hold off anointing him coastal king until he gets another year or two under his belt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not so sure about that.

Dec 4, 2016, 10:20 PM

Well , he came to Clemson as the TCU OC with Andy Dalton and beat us at home . As the head coach at Memphis he beat Ole Miss last year . Not saying he is Saban , just think he's a very good young coach . Believe he's the youngest in D1 , actually .

DB23

Spot on: regular occurrence.

Dec 4, 2016, 10:20 PM

Next year win be tough to win in Blacksburg and at ACCCG. Thereafter, different story.

-Dr. Tesla

-

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Dec 4, 2016, 10:29 PM

I completely agree, all his teams are very exciting watch. This is great for the ACC. Im thinking of all the great coaches in our league all of the sudden, the conference as a whole is about to be very stout. The coastal in the ACC....wow. Its gonna be very exciting, the future is very bright.
I went off course there, lol. Its great to see VT getting on track, however it will be a dog fight I think. Pitt and Miami make for some great competition.
So its great knowing Clemson has laid such a great foundation of the past decade, Dabo has just done amazing things, great hires, recruiting, and being part of the community. The product on the field speaks for its self. The Tigers are in great position, are advantage is all this national exposure, I believe next year is really important, we need too perform exactly like this season, gotta make it to the playoffs again. We need too show last strength.
Go Tigers!!!

Can he recruit ? That would be the question ... his

Dec 4, 2016, 10:43 PM

personality is a little vanilla.

I think the Tigers will still go into Virginia and take a few as needed.

we will see, he stumbled into a good QB juco transfer that

Dec 4, 2016, 10:48 PM

the prior staff didn't have. The prior staff did just as well when they had a QB, won multiple ACC titles with Tyrod Taylor and went to a title game with Vick.

They need to improve recruiting big time, but should be competitive with Evans next season as well, then he is gone.

Re: we will see, he stumbled into a good QB juco transfer that

Dec 6, 2016, 12:55 AM

Well Fuente did an amazing job at Memphis brother, good coach, good recruiter and an even better person, all said by Dabo. I'll take his word for it because what i have seen with my own eyes, is that coach Fuente is the real deal

Honestly, I think next year will be rough for us

Dec 5, 2016, 12:26 AM

While Ford and Hodges are technically Juniors, there is about 0 chance that either comes back next year and they are our two main playmakers. I'm curious to see how Evans will do next year without them.

On defense, we are already thin, and we lose three of our front four. I think we have replacements who will be ready, but I'm not sure we have guys to back them up. We'll continue to remain average to slightly above average in the back 7.

I actually could see us slipping back to 5-7 or next year, though I think we'll get to at least 6. Maybe 7. I doubt we do any better than 7-5. Not with the schedule we'll have.

Give Fuente three years and he'll have you

Dec 6, 2016, 12:49 AM

competing for the playoffs. I look forward to many more Clemson/VT ACCCGs.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2016, 6:02 AM

Good coach fair enough, but I still hate their obnoxious fanbase. One of my least favorite teams in the ACC.

Replies: 21
| visibility 5,023
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic