Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly!!! I am embarrassed by the "Posers"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Honestly!!! I am embarrassed by the "Posers"

Jan 5, 2020, 9:02 AM

and yes I said "Posers!" and not posters!

You know there was a day where our next opponent could post honest questions or fruitful conversations without being called --- list it!!!!!?? I used to enjoy good Banter without name-calling, digging up dirt from 30yrs ago, countering with credible facts, reasoning with common sense,. Etc, etc!!

Now it seems like the faster you can TD a post, throw shade as response or respond with some trashy post, it makes the poster feel like they won some Maverick Award.

When you had to use a laptop which meant you had to own an account, pay for internet, and have access to a computer, "You know, like 7-8yrs ago!" Haha, at least then you could actually have good conversations with opponents, great banter, and didn't see these stupid trashy responses both foul and unwarranted in most cases!

I'm sure we'll never see those days again but at least we could always hope! And believe me, I am not singling out Tnet. It's like that across all forums in today's world!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find that when an opposing fan comes to tnet with...

Jan 5, 2020, 9:21 AM

good intentions, they receive a warm reception. Those who come to troll get trolled right back. There are exceptions, and that’s unfortunate, but generally this is true. I’m sure it works the same way on other forums as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I find that when an opposing fan comes to tnet with...

Jan 5, 2020, 9:52 AM

I agree with both of you to a point. Most people treat ones coming from opposing fan bases with some respect and understand that we are going to have a difference of opinion on how games will play out. However, there are a few who seem to immediately attack anyone with a differing opinion and often they are the most active. There are ones that attack fellow Clemson fans that have anything short of a completely positive opinion so the idea that everyone is hospitable until the opposition starts talking trash just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I'm all for an open discussion, but I don't like the trash talk. I grew up in a time when you talked junk in person. I don't see it happening but I would prefer that both sides kept the trash talking to a minimum, especially some of this that goes beyond playful banter and gets downright hateful. Maybe the mods could set up a board specifically for trash talk because I know that some enjoy it. As for me, I fall closer to the opinion of Tiger Bass, I believe, and would prefer more actual discussion.

I enjoy banter, and I enjoy reading serious posts...

Jan 5, 2020, 10:01 AM

And I think we can agree there is room here for both, as long as it doesn’t cross the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

While I don't often participate, I enjoy the banter too

Jan 5, 2020, 10:56 AM

Sometimes folks cross the line....but on a message board, it is to be expected.

Trash talk is why some are here....and I am okay with that.

I like TNet they way it is. Terrible format and all. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are on your mobile, you can change the settings.

Jan 5, 2020, 11:23 AM

I’m not sure why the “full site” setting is not the default.

Lol...just joking about the format

Jan 5, 2020, 11:47 AM

I don't mind it at all....but I think it is funny when other fan bases complain about it. ??

I just got trolled.***

Jan 5, 2020, 11:47 AM

Wow....first time I have ever been accused of that!

Jan 5, 2020, 11:50 AM

TNet must be rubbing off on me. Lol

Coot.***

Jan 5, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I find that when an opposing fan comes to tnet with... ]

Re: Honestly!!! I am embarrassed by the "Posers"

Jan 5, 2020, 10:00 AM

I can remember years ago going to Florida's forum to inform them that they needed to start Chris Leak ASAP if they wanted to win games. They thought I was a FSU fan and gave me crap. I told them that if they did not start Leak by game 6, they needed to fire their coach (Zook, I believe). They quickly informed me that the SEC never starts a freshman at QB. They ended up starting Leak by game 5 I think. The rest is history.

So yes - anything contrary to a forum is quickly trashed.

interesting that you appear to be referencing a “time long

Jan 5, 2020, 10:37 AM

past”, yet your account is only a little over 2 years ago.

Also, people that don’t post looking for “trouble” are treated as such. It’s also perfectly fine to disagree with a fellow poster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: interesting that you appear to be referencing a “time long

Jan 5, 2020, 4:13 PM

Anonymous, I have been a member of Tnet since 2008, my acct was hacked when my Identity was stolen 3yrs ago. When I went to setup new acct there were similar Usernames being used so I changed mine completely.

That said, I guess you don't realize there are forums other than Tnet? And I never said "only" Tnet, I said across all forums. I was paying for CuTigers for yrs back when Roy Philpott ran a great site but that might be before your forum experience?

I'm not a 100% certain. But I feel that you feel much better

Jan 5, 2020, 11:00 AM

now. I feel your feelings. Feel me feeling you?

Feel great,

Go TIGERS!!!!

You've only been here two years.

Jan 5, 2020, 11:12 AM

2017 was the 'good ole days?'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You've only been here two years.

Jan 5, 2020, 4:15 PM

Read above!

says the noob that has been here two years LOL

Jan 5, 2020, 11:15 AM

You have no sense of history associated with Tigernet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like my 14 year old son...LOL***

Jan 5, 2020, 11:28 AM

Re: says the noob that has been here two years LOL

Jan 5, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to says the noob that has been here two years LOL ]

Read above to explain but I've been a member since 2008. And I never said Tnet specifically, I said forums. I was a long time member of CUTigers when Philpott ran the site and his interests hadn't migrated to ESPN yet trying to make a living running one of the first all Clemson forums.

But I think it's funny how a few of the responses were negative and even calling a 2+ yr old username a Noob even with a 96% pulse on a thread in regards to negative posts!

As a T-net member since the very beginning, I agree. But,

Jan 5, 2020, 11:42 AM

... but it’s not just T-net, and it’s not just sports forums.

It’s not even confined to the internet.

It’s all across society in general.

(... looks in mirror and thinks “Okay Boomer”)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a T-net member since the very beginning, I agree. But,

Jan 5, 2020, 4:19 PM

Agree ??, that is why i never said Tnet as I was referencing forums in general.

Jan 5, 2020, 12:01 PM

Those discussions you speak of have become more and more difficult over the years as many home site posters can't handle those discussions and start calling for "banning" of visitors. This is true across all message board forums at Rivals, 247 etc. It happens on every team site. I never understood why any fan base would call for posters of opposing teams to be banned. If you don't like the banter then don't click on the topic. If you don't like the discussion then what are we all here for? Personally, I like the discussion with opposing fans and I don't let the trolls get under my skin.

Jan 5, 2020, 4:44 PM

Someone gave you a Thumbs down I'm sure solely based on the fact that you are new poster. Nothing you said deserved a TD as far as I'm concerned but that's status quo. Your username has to survive a bunch of TDs as a Noob as all new accts get automatically labelled as a troll which easily 50+% are but I'm sure some genuine Tiger Fan newbie forum users get run off because of it. But it's the norm and not the exception.

Jan 5, 2020, 11:11 PM

What is laughable is that a poster with a 1000 posts somehow got into his thinking that somehow his post has more meaning than mine. He has no idea who I am or what other Clemson sites I may have been on for 10 years. The last thing that I am worried about is some adult child who thinks some how he has status because of the number of posts he has. Ha Ha ! And you're right there are posters with that mindset. That little number means something to them. The larger it is the more status they think they have. OK !

Quick question,

Jan 6, 2020, 10:56 AM

what are your thoughts on decisions made after the coin toss?

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Quick question,

Jan 6, 2020, 11:34 AM

Making an unbiased prediction is difficult. This game will be won by the team that can most affect the QB. I think that both of these teams are capable of mimicking the other in terms of what they are able to do. I think Clemson can do what LSU does insofar as their run/pass ratio and LSU can make itself look very much like Clemson insofar as how often it chooses to run the ball. Both of these teams can go to a mostly pass oriented offense and both teams can be 50/50 run to pass RPO if needed. It's going to be determined by what each teams weakness ends up being once the game gets underway.

That's what makes both teams difficult to defend. The game is going to boil down to which team can best take away something from the other. I'm not sure I know what that is going to look like as both teams have talent all over the field. I'd hate to have to bet my house on this game.

The odds makers have made LSU less than a TD favorite in what amounts to be a home game for LSU. That tells me that if this game were a neutral site it would essentlly be a pick'em or less than a -3 spread favored for Clemson. I'm not convinced Clemson will be affected by the home crowd for LSU. However, the Super Dome can be very loud; much moreso than an outdoor stadium if the crowd gets crazy. I'm sure Dabo and TL16 are more than ready to go silent count if necessary.

I don't think either team can reliably stop the other on offense. Like many championship games its going to boil down to which team makes the most mistakes. I don't see a glaring weakness on either side that just jumps out and points to something that can be exploited by the other team. 2 great QB's, 2 very similar RB's, 2 deep WR corps, solid OL and DL, solid DB's.

One place where Clemson has a decided advantage is with Isaiah Simmons in the middle with his versatility and what all he can do. One place where LSU "may" have an advantage is with K'Lavon Chaisson rushing off the edge "if he chooses to show up" as that has not always been the case earlier in the year; but has been at the case at the end of the season. Is that a "wash"? We'll see. It will be a hell of a game. That we can be sure. I'm not ready to make a prediction with a week left to digest both teams.

So, do you think we should elect to play defense first?

Jan 6, 2020, 11:36 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: So, do you think we should elect to play defense first?

Jan 6, 2020, 11:41 AM

As much as I think it would be hugely advantageous for either team to take the ball first and drive the field and score a TD, I think both teams are going to elect to defer to the 2cnd half. However, I would not be surprised to see LSU take the ball first as they truly think they can score on anybody. With that being said, Clemson certainly thinks they can score on anybody as well. Go figure ! It should be one heck of a game. I can't wait. I'm going to need some alcohol to take the edge off before this game. What do you see happening?

I also predict copious amounts of alcohol.***

Jan 6, 2020, 11:46 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic