Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the exception of USuCk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

With the exception of USuCk

Dec 6, 2016, 8:28 PM

Who do y'all say has the most annoying fan base in college football?
I say it's Notre Dame-it seems like they always feel entitled.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say Georgia

Dec 6, 2016, 8:30 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC

Dec 6, 2016, 8:36 PM

They are what SC would be if they had a couple more conference titles and a lot more money to waste on a terrible football program.

Loueyvile

Dec 6, 2016, 8:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Online or in person?

Dec 6, 2016, 8:49 PM

In person from my experiences is Kentucky hands ####### down.

Online everyone has bad fans, but UL has a lot of them lately. Ohio State, too.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After Saturday

Dec 6, 2016, 8:58 PM

Virginia Tech

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After Saturday

Dec 6, 2016, 9:12 PM

Care to elaborate on your experience with the Hokies? I have always found them to be pretty level headed, knowledgeable and respectful. Bad apples in every bunch though I suppose.

Cussed out all game long by multiple fans

Dec 6, 2016, 9:25 PM

Male and female. "Eff Clemson!" "Eff you!" "I HATE Clemson!"

My son and I were in the VT endzone, and all we got was cussed out and menaced all night. We never responded in kind a single time. Simply cheered for our team, respectfully and facing the field.

If my son hadn't been with me, I probably would have ended up dead or in jail. They used to be my favorite team in the Coastal.

No more.

^^^ ditto this ^^^

Dec 7, 2016, 7:15 AM

I was in the 'VT' end zone also (Section 122). Although not all of their fans were bad, the young girl sitting in front of us was a 'gem'... "MF this" ... "MF that"... I think her hands were permanently formed with her middle fingers (only) extended. And it wasn't cheering 'FOR' VT, it was only during our cheers, good plays, scores, Tiger band playing, etc.. Fortunately, there was a LOT of that, so that was my payback.... I have a BIG MOUTH (too), and she 'heard' the Clemson cadence very often - and VERY LOUD, especially sitting DIRECTLY in front of me!

But to top it off, as they were leaving, her snowflake friend turned to me and said I should have been more mature and taken the high road...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Hokie here - I come in peace...

Dec 7, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Cussed out all game long by multiple fans ]

I am sorry you (and other people here, it seems) had a bad experience with people donning the VT symbol (notice I didn't call them "fans", because I'm not sure they truly are). VT as a school has always taken pride in being respectful of other fan bases, whether it be at home or an away venue. Check out this "Hokies Respect" program that was initiated by our previous AD (now deceased) Jim Weaver:

http://www.hokiesports.com/respect/

As was stated, there are bad apples in every bunch. I'm sure Clemson has had its share of bad "ambassadors" that only tarnish the school's name.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Peace out.

Re: Hokie here - I come in peace...

Dec 7, 2016, 10:04 AM

I did not have his experience. Quit the opposite.

We all have a fringe element.

My worst experience was Maryland. Nothing/no one else is in the same Universe and Maryland fans to me.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

every Hokie alum I have ever met has been

Dec 7, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Hokie here - I come in peace... ]

nothing but reasonable, respectful , and passionate about their team. They all seemed to have good things to say about Clemson too but they were a little harsh on the whoos!

Re: Hokie here - I come in peace...

Dec 7, 2016, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Hokie here - I come in peace... ]

VT fans at the 2011 ACC Champ game were awful, but I think most of them were pretty loaded . Some younger VT fans shot their mouths off to me and my buddies about "beat down" we were about to receive. When we didn't back down, they took off fast. All talk..

Miami***

Dec 6, 2016, 9:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami***

Dec 6, 2016, 9:22 PM

Where did you locate the Miami fans?

I grew up not too far from Miami and don't know very many.

Maryland. It seems we've forgotten about them

Dec 6, 2016, 9:12 PM

The years the were good they were in your face blathering things about how we suck and they love blue crabs and when they were bad, they didn't care about college football. It was all talk about the Ravens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the exception of USuCk

Dec 6, 2016, 9:18 PM

1. Georgia - uncultured animals
2. OSU - arrogant as ####
3. VT - drunk trash talkers
4. NCST - USuC of the ACC
5. Miami - gang-bangers

#3 is spot on

Dec 6, 2016, 9:29 PM

"I now actively root against VT"

Georgia***

Dec 6, 2016, 9:18 PM

Dec 6, 2016, 9:19 PM

Most annoying: Ohio State
Trashiest: West Virginia closely followed by Maryland
Most bandwagon: Alabama, Miami
Biggest inferiority complex: Texas A&M, NC State
Biggest undeserved superiority complex: UNC
Living in the most denial: Tennessee

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia, Tennessee, Maryland.***

Dec 6, 2016, 10:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

State College of NC

Dec 6, 2016, 10:10 PM

They are bitter with everyone because no one acknowledges them as true rivals. I have never had a great experience in Raleigh.

Or Tennessee, the recruiting this year had shown me that they are pretty terrible.

Dec 7, 2016, 7:28 AM

Tie = UGa or LSU .
I have had encounters with bad folks from both . Their online fans are pretty stupifying at best , and generally less educated than you would want from someone with so much free time and access to the Internet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree about Notre Dame, but JAWJA's fans always seem

Dec 7, 2016, 7:36 AM

to be 3-tooth Bubbas that want to pick a fight after the game, even when they win. Have seen this personally, as well as having stories recounted from other Tiger fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most annoying !?!?!?!

Dec 7, 2016, 8:53 AM

UNCheat gets my vote.

The prize for most vile and repugnant goes to Georgia hands down while Lamarville takes home the award for most whiny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 7, 2016, 8:53 AM

You ain't never been to no UT ballgame

At a game? UGA, hands down. In every day life?

Dec 7, 2016, 8:58 AM

Alabama, no contest. Didn't know how bad til I moved so close to the state.

I know you said with the exception of usuck but.....

Dec 7, 2016, 9:03 AM

I've been to a lot of places to watch Clemson and BAMA football and just college football in general. My worst/only bad experience was at usuck a few years back and it wasn't even that bad. Some drunk guy walking up the aisle decided he was going to lean into/throw his shoulder into every Clemson fan he saw. When he did it to the old man 2 rows in front of me it severely ticked me off and when he got to me I threw him off of me and he came very close to going over the side into the tunnel. His buddy grabbed him and apologized profusely and carried him on up to his cheap seats. Did not have another bad experience with any of the carolina fans around me and I was in good seats on their side. They were actually decent which somewhat surprised me.

Outside of that I've been to most acc/sec venues to watch one of the 2 aforementioned teams and have never had a bad experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Two things:

Dec 7, 2016, 9:28 AM

(1) he said, "with the exception of USuCk"

(2) he asked for "most annoying" fan base, not "bad experiences at an opponents stadium".

Maybe your reading comprehension has the broke?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Two things:

Dec 7, 2016, 9:32 AM

From my previous post...."I know you said with the exception of usuck but....." perhaps you are the juan with reading comp. trouble?

I was annoyed by that guys behavior...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

DownSouthTiger doesn't allow for exceptions.

Dec 7, 2016, 9:43 AM

And you annoy me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: DownSouthTiger doesn't allow for exceptions.

Dec 7, 2016, 9:44 AM

DownSouthTiger you gon' let this midget speak for you?

Better put him in his place. Can't have him gettin bigger than his tiny britches.

UNC - and it's not even close.***

Dec 7, 2016, 9:21 AM

Amen!***

Dec 7, 2016, 10:08 AM

Dec 7, 2016, 9:31 AM

Except on the internet I have never been close to getting into it with an opposing fan.
We have meet some good people at road and bowl games.
The most annoying tho were the VT fans at the 2011 ACCCG.
They were just not ready to believe CLEMSON was the King of the ACC now.
The second half of that game is one of my top 5 .

Wyoming

Dec 7, 2016, 9:33 AM

Just thinking ahead.

100% Ohio state!!!***

Dec 7, 2016, 10:36 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic