Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmm, Sammy being caught with pot and Adderall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Hmmm, Sammy being caught with pot and Adderall

Jul 31, 2012, 1:46 PM

(two things many college students use, the latter especially during exam week)... OR a QB driving under the influence of alcohol, potentially putting lives in danger?

I'd rather none of our players EVER get in trouble (and I won't deny that we've occasionally had our own issues with players making bad choices), but the coots giving us heck about Sammy and the timetable for his punishment is laughable.

Compared to their current and former players being cuffed for DUI, sexual assault, and robbery, I'd say they have no room to question the character of our program. But don't worry, coots, McEvoy will be suspended for EVERY SECOND of those two involuntary practices...

Message was edited by: dgwilli911®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Hmmm, Sammy being caught with pot and Adderall

Jul 31, 2012, 1:50 PM

I'm not defending either one of them but how can you say that driving high isn't dangerous?

I think he was just in possesion of it .. not smoking it

Jul 31, 2012, 1:52 PM

or he might have said "We done smoked it"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't driving high.

Jul 31, 2012, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm, Sammy being caught with pot and Adderall ]

Anyway these guys regardless of what school they go to will at one point or another make bad choices. Just remember not to cast too many stones before it happens to one of our guys.

Funny, I don't remember Watkins being charged with any sort

Jul 31, 2012, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm, Sammy being caught with pot and Adderall ]

of driving offense.......perhaps you have information thats not been made public as of yet

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2012, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm, Sammy being caught with pot and Adderall ]

1. What person have you ever known driving under the influence of weed drove over 20mph?

2. What person have you ever known driving under the influence of alcohol drove under 50?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even if he was high while driving, which he wasn't, it's

Jul 31, 2012, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm, Sammy being caught with pot and Adderall ]

better than driving drunk...

Ya never know.......he coulda been charged with

Jul 31, 2012, 3:46 PM

failure to use a proper signal while turning into a Krispy Kreme..........:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huh? Driving impaired is driving impaired.***

Jul 31, 2012, 3:54 PM [ in reply to even if he was high while driving, which he wasn't, it's ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's really not.

Jul 31, 2012, 4:24 PM

Source: Someone who drank a lot of beer and smoked a lot of pot in my younger days.

Depends on how much he had to drink. Is there a

Jul 31, 2012, 1:57 PM

difference between driving under the influence and driving after consuming? If he blew right at the legal limit, I really don't see this as an issue (except for the possible pattern of behavior it could indicate).

Sammy made a mistake. So did this kid.

Still think a legal drinking age of 21 is ridiculous. Make it 18 like most other discerning countries of the world.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Would've been a DUI had it been over .08

Jul 31, 2012, 2:03 PM

Driving after consuming can be absolutely any little bit of alcohol. He would've been tagged with a DUI had he been over the limit. Doesn't matter if he is under 21

I guess the real question is:

Jul 31, 2012, 2:07 PM

What did the guy do to get himself pulled? Cops don't just randomly pull people over. You have to get their attention first, and do something that would lead to them issuing a breathalyzer. Unless they've changed the way traffic stops work in the past 10 or so years (has it really been that long since I was pulled over?)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could have been a checkpoint.***

Jul 31, 2012, 2:10 PM

We have the most restrictive alcohol laws in the world ....

Jul 31, 2012, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Depends on how much he had to drink. Is there a ]

behind Muslim Countries and China....

Alcohol should be permitted at 18 BUT our DWI laws would need to be tougher. In Europe, lower drinking age BUT if your caught drunk driving, you lose your license for 5 years no ifs, ands, or buts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still disagree with the way the Sammy arrest was handled

Jul 31, 2012, 1:58 PM

They should have suspended him from the first 2 games regardless of how high of a profile player he is. Of course I want to win and for our team to be successful, but to prcrasinate on a decision to punish someone that broke the law, and bend it favorably is pretty sad.

Jul 31, 2012, 2:08 PM

don't forget about coach magnum... don't want to hear anything about our morality from the shamecocks as long as he's on their payroll...

Jul 31, 2012, 6:43 PM

He peed. You Clemson gentlemen do not pee outside.

Jul 31, 2012, 7:33 PM

Not on a public street downtown facing the street.

Too bad You're Clueless Here

Jul 31, 2012, 2:53 PM

McEvoy wasn't arrested for DUI, and he wasn't driving under the legal influence. What he tested for could've been registered on the breathalizer by taking cough medicine...

What McEvoy was charged with, was "Driving after consuming" a Class II misdemeanor. He is under-aged for drinking alcohol.

Watkins was under the influence of smoking pot while driving, still contained the pot on his body, as well as having prescription drugs without a prescription.

McEvoy is suspended immediately, and will most likely be suspended for at least 1 game. Watkins hasn't been suspended AT ALL months after his arrest, his head coach is still "gathering the facts", and he most likely will be on the field for the 1st snap versus Auburn.

More rational people would be embarrassed at the stark differences between the two cases. You instead try to defend it....

Again, dimwit, what "team activities" has McEvoy been

Jul 31, 2012, 2:57 PM

suspended from???

And your statement that he'll "probably" be suspended for a game means nothing until it happens....and then, all it will prove is that Spineless Steve has a different set of rules for his starting QB as he does his 3rd string QB.

But I am extremely curious to know exactly what team activities McEvoy's been suspended from??????????? Cuz if there are any before this Thursday, its an NCAA violation and you're already on a 3Year NCAA Probation as it is.

Fall Camp is about to start in 2 days,

Jul 31, 2012, 3:14 PM

so I imagine they would start with that? Plus any team meetings or film study that precede camp? In any regard, all team functions and activities...

Spurrier has suspended his starting QB for EVERY offense they have committed, regardless of your blind delusion and denial...from Mitchell for punching a bouncer in '06 (wound up costing Blake 4-5 games of standing on the sideline), from Mitchell also getting in academic trouble in '07 (started Smelley in the season opener),

to Garcia for his acts in '07 (wound up red-shirting due to missing spring camp, after EE) and '08 (suspended opener vs NCSU, and didn't take the field until the 3rd game. They had only 1 scholly QB for the 2nd game vs Vandy that USC lost, due to Beecher's injury vs NCSU),

In '08, Garcia was nearly kicked off the team and WAS kicked off campus for the entire summer...

And Garcia was ultimately dismissed from the team while it was in the midst of it's best season ever in program history. Don't forget that. He only appeared in 5 games last season....

Your***

Jul 31, 2012, 3:22 PM

null

Your "facts" are completely wrong...

Jul 31, 2012, 3:22 PM

Garcia NEVER missed a game due to suspension while at USC.

You coots are something else though.

null

Re: Your "facts" are completely wrong...

Jul 31, 2012, 4:33 PM

Keep telling yourself that. I'll stick with the truth.....

I've read a lot of garbage in my time, but there's not

Jul 31, 2012, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Fall Camp is about to start in 2 days, ]

a twist-tie large enough for a bag this size.

And if there are any team activities lined up for the chickens before this Thursday, I have the NCAA's 800 number and its likely they'll get a call.

There can be no coordinated "team activities" according to NCAA rules from the end of spring practice to the beginning of fall practice and that includes meetings and film sessions.

The fact that you included Stephen Garcia as being punished for anything on that long list of infractions proves you are incapable of simple reason. Yes, Garcia was finally dismissed from the team after his SIXTH offense......gee, Spurrier's a real discipline beast, ain't he?

Not to mention the fact that he said Garcia missed games

Jul 31, 2012, 3:25 PM

due to suspension, which is just a plain lie. Garcia never missed a game due to suspension while at USC.

null

Re: Fall Camp is about to start in 2 days,

Jul 31, 2012, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Fall Camp is about to start in 2 days, ]

I haven't seen anything on this.Will Byron Jeridau get suspended for the first game for his arrest ? Should He ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2012, 4:35 PM

His charges were 100% dropped by the CPD.....

Jul 31, 2012, 4:49 PM

By the time football season is here Sammy will not have any charges against him either so he should not be suspended then , correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's not a starter so how would he be missed by

Jul 31, 2012, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Fall Camp is about to start in 2 days, ]

a suspension?? Kind of like Carcia his freshman year??

4th string QB suspended for 1 game. What are the odds that

Jul 31, 2012, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Too bad You're Clueless Here ]

he'd get in the game to begin with?

Re: 4th string QB suspended for 1 game. What are the odds that

Jul 31, 2012, 3:30 PM

seems like garcia started the 2nd half against ecu in charlotte 1 time when he was supposed to be suspended

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong

Jul 31, 2012, 4:38 PM

Not one of the times he was suspended.....Garcia lost the starting job to Shaw, but Spurrier had Shaw start the 1st quarter, and the game, Garcia would play the 2nd qtr., and whichever did the better job, would play out the 2nd half. Shaw struggled, and Garcia did better, so he finished the game.

Spurrier made this announcement back in fall camp last year....

Well aren't you just

Jul 31, 2012, 4:40 PM

adorable!

Wow...you really are an idiot...

Jul 31, 2012, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Too bad You're Clueless Here ]

My apologies to idiots everywhere for insulting them by comparing you to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Baghdad Bob ! I thought you were dead !***

Jul 31, 2012, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Too bad You're Clueless Here ]

"He is best known for his grandiose and grossly unrealistic propaganda broadcasts"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was charged with:

Jul 31, 2012, 2:54 PM

1: speeding 86 in a 65

2: driving after consuming < 21 (NOTE: basically underage consumption but NOT intoxicated)

3: civil revocation of drivers license 30 days

offense date 7/29/12 served 7/30/12

He is 19 years old.

Per USC athletic department policy, he is suspended from all team activities.

Re: He was charged with:

Jul 31, 2012, 2:59 PM

You made up the speeding part, good for you....

reports are that he tested a .02 on the breathalizer.....

Re: He was charged with:

Jul 31, 2012, 3:01 PM

No I didn't and, really, WTH would I make that up? Just putting facts out there. They're yours to do what you will.

AGAIN,

Jul 31, 2012, 3:24 PM

The official charges are driving after consuming, and that's it. No speeding charges. Sorry.....

are you just incapable of reading---or you don't want to????***

Jul 31, 2012, 3:27 PM

Re: are you just incapable of reading---or you don't want to????***

Jul 31, 2012, 3:53 PM

Maybe the drive through is too backed up for him to actually take the time to read it. LOL

Here, so you can shut up

Jul 31, 2012, 3:32 PM [ in reply to AGAIN, ]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8218554/south-carolina-gamecocks-backup-qb-arrested-suspended

First setence proves you're either lying, dumb, or ignoring facts.

Clemson

I think it's clearly a combination of the three***

Jul 31, 2012, 3:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BOOM!!!!***

Jul 31, 2012, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Here, so you can shut up ]

Take it up with the Charlotte Observer dirt ######....

Jul 31, 2012, 4:06 PM [ in reply to AGAIN, ]

because according to their artile, which is linked below, McEvoy was ARRESTED and CHARGED with speeding and driving after consuming while under age 21.

BTW..........from the Charlotte Observer........

Jul 31, 2012, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: He was charged with: ]

South Carolina reserve quarterback Tanner McEvoy was arrested in North Carolina and charged with speeding and driving after consuming while under age 21.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/31/3419871/usc-backup-qb-is-arrested-in-mecklenburg.html#storylink=rss#storylink=cpy

I admit I was wrong

Jul 31, 2012, 4:46 PM

and McEvoy WAS charged with speeding...all the dedicated South Carolina sites I visited about this news only chose to focus on the driving while consuming charge, and for some reason never mentioned the speeding charge.

I apologize....

and you were wrong about a large amount of other stuff

Jul 31, 2012, 4:48 PM

as well.......but I tire of endlessly proving you chickentrolls wrong, liars,....whatever word you'd like to use

Re: Imagine that!!

Jul 31, 2012, 7:03 PM [ in reply to I admit I was wrong ]

The same sites now say you are relevant in the SEC and a National power. Why? You beat 3 times, won a division title, have 5th place rings??

In the state of SC

Jul 31, 2012, 3:00 PM [ in reply to He was charged with: ]

if any person under 21 drives with a BAC level of .02 (practically 1 beer) it is considered DUI.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He wasn't driving under the influence

Jul 31, 2012, 4:43 PM

He was charged with driving after consuming. If you are under 21 and have even one beer and admit to it you are automatically charged whether you are legally drunk or not.

Re: He wasn't driving under the influence

Jul 31, 2012, 4:50 PM

Right, it's really simple...it's essentially something between an under-aged drinking offense, and a driving under the influence offense. If McEvoy was 21 or older, there wouldn't be any DUI charge because the alcoholic content wasn't exceeding the legal limit that describes the DUI charge. But NC has 0% tolerance laws for under-aged drinking, especially if also driving.

Hence the charge: it's a bit more serious than just being caught in a NC bar and drinking beer while under the age of 21. But it's not a full-fledged DUI because according to NC law (and SC law too), the alcohol content found when McEvoy tested isn't considered substantial enough to cause an impairement of faculties while driving....

Re: Ohhhh, underage drinking, driving, speeding is OK!!

Jul 31, 2012, 7:04 PM

Got it!!

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic