Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller...

Mar 7, 2020, 9:06 AM

He must be up at the BOT office right now giving them the same reasons (excuses) why Brownell’s season was a failure.

1. He didn’t have the starters intended to start. (Neither did most teams in the country)

2. There’s no support ( after $60 mill had just been dropped on renovations)

3. Not enough fans ( When did fan count = wins?)

4. Team is too young! ( Women’s softball has 1st year team and coach and is sitting at 16-7 with a perfect 3-0 ACC record!)

5. He beat NC in chapel hill (everybody did this year)

6. But He won the YMCAA olympics in Scotland or something!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller...

Mar 7, 2020, 9:16 AM

Leave the guy alone, huh? Why call him out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2020, 9:28 AM

He seems to be a nice guy with pretty thick skin. Just a little banter.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:33 AM

Hi is a nice guy. His skin must be thick, but I’m sure he would prefer that every tine our team played like dogmess someone wasn’t calling him out about it. He’s more right than wrong on his assessments. Just comes off as idealistic at times because he’s passionate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, is this what a nice, thick skinned person would poast?

Mar 7, 2020, 10:01 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Rather-than-posting-snarky-basketball-posts-26964429#26964429

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Idealism is not the issue most have with him.

Mar 7, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller... ]

People have issues with him because he can come across as self-righteous, arrogant, and hypocritical. I’m sure that’s not how he really is, but his posting style apparently gives some that impression. He’s also been known to present inaccurate information as fact. It’s a shame, because I think a lot of the anti CBB sentiment we see on tnet now is a result of the above.

I’m sure he’s a nice guy, and I love his passion, I just wish he’d give people reasons to rally behind his cause rather than reasons to rally against him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Idealism is not the issue most have with him.

Mar 7, 2020, 10:26 AM

I can’t speak for JK, but I’ll say this. Last season, my first Bball season as a T-net member, I saw the guy getting mauled over and over again on the subject. I don’t recall ever
seeing your name, FYI. I used to think if people were coming at me like that I would Tee off, but he didn’t. Fast forward to this year where some of the previous posts are referenced; maybe he decided to take a different approach, idk.

My POV is just different. I’m not agreeing or supporting what others are taking issue with, with JK, I’m just willing to see more based on where I saw last year he took ridiculous abuse.

Mar 7, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Idealism is not the issue most have with him. ]

the problem is, when jk presents the argument, despite the actual fax, they continue to defend what’s directly in front of them.

it’s the absolute last person you would want to be paired up in a foxhole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 7, 2020, 2:15 PM

I disagree. The last person I would want to be in a foxhole with is Fran Drescher.

I wouldn't say he/she is right most of the time.

Mar 7, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller... ]

Can you tell me what you think he/she has been right about?

can you please try to discuss w/o just hitting the TD?

Mar 7, 2020, 2:53 PM

That's the way grownups should handle things, no?

Re: can you please try to discuss w/o just hitting the TD?

Mar 7, 2020, 3:02 PM

please. “K” is as much as you get from me. I didn’t TD you. I’m not wasting my time with multi-users. We’ve already been over this.

He/she calls out groups of people (at least how he/she sees it) all the time.

Mar 7, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller... ]

Turnabout is fair play, no? He/she is quick to antagonize, so he/she should expect it back.

Re: He/she calls out groups of people (at least how he/she sees it) all the time.

Mar 7, 2020, 2:46 PM

K

I'll take that as an agreement, and this fact leads

Mar 7, 2020, 2:52 PM

to him/her getting called out. As you now agree, its fair.

Mar 7, 2020, 12:19 PM

Mar 7, 2020, 9:16 AM

<###### src="https://giphy.com/#####/3rKFa3sCvKBL7aDlN6" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen>

via GIPHY

Mar 7, 2020, 9:20 AM

He was here last night attacking football. I’m beginning to think he is not a Clemson fan, but just a Brownell fan.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:25 AM

He was here last night attacking football. I’m beginning to think he is not a Clemson fan, but just a Brownell fan.

That is right. He responded to an OP that maybe fans should be concerned about the football team getting beaten badly by LSU. He is not a fan, just a Brad supporter...

Mar 7, 2020, 9:30 AM

Come on. You’ve got to be the most passive aggressive hater of CBB on Tnet. Just say it as opposed to constantly trolling.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:35 AM

Come on. You’ve got to be the most passive aggressive hater of CBB on Tnet. Just say it as opposed to constantly trolling.

I’m not a Brad Brownell hater, I’m a Bad basketball hater! I think 95% of Tnet would agree!

Mar 7, 2020, 9:38 AM

No sir, that was directed at Mr. or Ms. NCTigs.

It’s subtle but constant. Loves to troll JK too.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller... ]

He very well could be Brad himself posing as Judge Keller!

Mar 7, 2020, 9:34 AM

Ha! Well, unless he changed his name and identity, he’s clear on that front.

you really seem to know a lot about him/her.***

Mar 7, 2020, 2:50 PM

Mar 7, 2020, 9:37 AM

He showed up to bash our fans and football program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Mar 7, 2020, 9:39 AM

Viz, you two are polar opposites in opinion and personality on the subject. JK doesn’t bash anything Clemson. It’s just board banter.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:41 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Rather-than-posting-snarky-basketball-posts-26964429

see also: JK and orange overalls.

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Mar 7, 2020, 9:44 AM

See previous post.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:48 AM

Thumbs down to TouchTheRock.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:52 AM

2000® said:

Thumbs down to TouchTheRock.

Hey, I was just pointing out that you can’t praise the coach when he wins and defend him when he loses. Also, looking at JK previous post, if he had his way basketball would be the premier Clemson sport and “FootBawwwwl” would suffer. As a true Clemson fan, you don’t want any sport to suffer. I’m cool with him being that passionate about his position, but don’t just give praise and no criticism.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:59 AM

The "FootBawwwwl" part of JK's post is what is significant. It is a dogwhistle about our football fanbase as white trash and redneck. There is nothing in the post he was responding to that would make this an appropriate comment. It is how he sees our football base and totally ties to his numerous comments about our fans who wear orange overalls (for the record I do not own nor have ever owned orange overalls). He clearly sees himself as a better fan (and by extension, person) than the average Clemson fan. If you actually dig through his post history this is very evident. If you don't support Brownell you're just a rube football fan with a hick drawl and bad fashion sense.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller... ]

so when JK bashes other posters it is acceptable "banter" but when directed at him it is "calling him out" and we should "leave him alone?" Guess I'm gonna need to see your copy of the Judge Keller Internet Style Guide so I can color in the lines from now on.

Mar 7, 2020, 10:04 AM

We’re talking about overalls, right? Overalls...

nice dodge. JK couldn't have done any better.***

Mar 7, 2020, 2:55 PM

Mar 7, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller... ]

While we are certainly opposites in opinion I don't think the assertion that I am opposite in personality is fair. JK frequently creates new threads defending Brad Brownell. A considerable amount of these contain misinformation. If you review my post history you would see that I rarely create threads. And the vast majority of my posts are replies attempting to correct or clarify that misinformation. To be the opposite of JK I would be creating threads bashing Coach Brownell or his coaching ability. I think you would have a hard time finding any such posts.

Mar 7, 2020, 10:01 AM

Viz, I’m fine with your response, but you are extremely literal and analytical while we are in a message board environment. I’m not judging by anything else other than your responses that I have read over the past several months. You are very intelligent and post very factual information, no doubt but you “come across” as constantly negative on the topic vs others like JK who are positive. That seems to transcend even facts as you stated hence my personality reference. That, for me, is why I often disagree with your post before I even read it.

Meet me halfway Viz! I know you smile sometimes!

Mar 7, 2020, 10:50 AM

Can’t disagree with any of that. I take offense with JK because he consistently using misinformation in support of this coach. Since he takes the pro-Brownell side that casts me as the villain. I was staunchly on the other side of this debate during the Jack Leggett War of 2010-2015.

Mar 7, 2020, 1:49 PM

Peace. I think there is some commonality in it all believe it or not. Just doesn’t always seem like it on this board.

Mar 7, 2020, 2:13 PM

Agreed. We are more in common than most would believe under circumstances.

Mar 7, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm! No hide nor hair from Judge Keller... ]

viztiz® said:

He showed up to bash our fans and football program.

Just like so many “fans” come out of the woodwork to bash our b-ball coach and players after a loss?

Mar 7, 2020, 10:41 AM

If that’s directed at me then you’re wrong. I have never bashed players. My commentary on Brownell is almost always in the form of replies and offering facts. While my opinion on the topic may be easy to discern, you will also never find a post where I’ve called for him to be fired.

Mar 7, 2020, 10:23 AM

It's pretty clear that we all comment on the negatives.

In the midst of a roughly .500 season, some fans only comment on the losses.

Some other fans comment on those fans' negative comments on the losses.

Some other other fans comment on the other fans' negative comments on those fans' comments on the losses.

How to break the cycle?

Comment on the wins? No, that makes you a sunshine pumper.

Deny the cycle is bad? That works for some.

Blame it all on the coach? Sure. Pretend that we would be unified if we didn't lose games.

Maybe we just need a board coach to get us all to play well together. If we want to.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic