Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hit in the Face by FSU player while on the field after the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Hit in the Face by FSU player while on the field after the game

Nov 8, 2015, 12:07 AM

As I was running onto the field tonight after coming from the North stands after the win I was hit in the face by a FSU player. There were a few people around who saw it and while I know it is a long shot I wanted to reach out on here to see if anyone was there and saw a 6'4 FSU player hit a Clemson fan in the face?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are a female, it was probably Delvin Cook***

Nov 8, 2015, 12:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are a female, it was probably Delvin Cook***

Nov 8, 2015, 12:11 AM

+1 to the cook comment. To the OP, we need some more info, were you yelling or taunting him or was it a random shot?

Nov 8, 2015, 12:40 AM

I was yelling we are #1 as I was making my way to the Paw. To be honest...I don't think it matters even if I was taunting or if someone spits in his face, not that I was my point is A player should NEVER strike or hit a fan.

If he felt threatened

Nov 8, 2015, 8:23 AM

If he felt threatened by crazed fan running directly at him and yelling in his face, then he has right to protect himself (and for some folks that means aggressively).

They should really form a barrier for opposing team to exit field safely. And fans should know to stay off field until game ends and stay away from opponents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: If you are a female, it was probably Delvin Cook*** ]

It does matter. Spitting on someone is assault just like hitting them. There's really no difference in the eyes of the law

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Hit in the Face by FSU player while on the field after the game

Nov 8, 2015, 12:10 AM

Did you get a number?.... name?...

Pretty sure someone may have some kind of footage on their camera.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 12:43 AM

If you pursue this, Looks like a sure way to get on the field post game activities banned for all of us!

Exactly ... man up and move on.

Nov 8, 2015, 10:26 AM

Getting to come out on the field at Clemson is a privilege and a great tradition.

It would be a shame to see it jeopardized because of an isolated minor incident between a jubilant fan and a disgruntled opposing player.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was Greg Hardy in the building

Hate that happened but I would also hate

To be the reason they restrict us from going on the field in the future. I think the university and leagues response would be you shouldn't have gone on field until after the cannon sounds which would've allowed the opposing team to get off the field.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Hate that happened but I would also hate

Nov 8, 2015, 12:13 AM

This! You should not even be on the field until the other team leaves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate that happened but I would also hate

Nov 8, 2015, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Hate that happened but I would also hate ]

Yes and never approach players from the other team.

Nov 8, 2015, 12:18 AM

Was he white or black..big or athletic shapes..not alot of info

Life's tough, get a helmet.

Nov 8, 2015, 12:19 AM

Nov 8, 2015, 12:23 AM

guy that sits beside me mentioned seeing it

Nov 8, 2015, 12:30 AM

Did he say """Excuse Me"" ?????

Nov 8, 2015, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Hit in the Face by FSU player while on the field after the game ]

> guy that sits beside me mentioned seeing it

Do you think you could have him contact me? I filed a police report but they said I needed to have a whitness and all I remember was cheering watching a 6'3-6'4 African American player walking toward me and then pain in my lip/ Eye amd picking myself off the ground. My email address is clemsonfootball@icloud.com if he wants to contact me.

That's fukked up man. Hopefully you get some

Nov 8, 2015, 12:48 AM

help. I didn't go on the field after the game.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Find Out Who It Was DONT REPORT IT Tell Boulware He Will Fix***

Nov 8, 2015, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 12:57 AM

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Secondly, I'm quite surprised by some of the responses on this thread. Dalvin Cook jokes? "Life is tough, get a helmet"? Really? Imagine this being you, your friend, relative, neighbor. Anyone who saw this should come forward and help, especially if anyone has the number and / name of the player involved. In all the experiences I've had running onto the field, I've never heard of anything like this and it should be taken seriously, as should any mindless assault on an innocent bystander half one's size.

Again, sorry to hear of this. I hope you're able to find more help than jokes from here on out. Be well.

If he intentionally punched you, then I hope you are able

Nov 8, 2015, 1:10 AM

to prosecute. As for people worried about you ruining their fun if you do . . . ridiculous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 8, 2015, 8:15 AM

They have big numbers on the front and back of their jerseys. Did you get the number?

Did you wait to run on the field to give the opposing teams a chance to say "good game" and the visitors a chance to leave the field?

How old are you?

Find a friend to go with you next time.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 8, 2015, 8:24 AM

I filmed the whole 'rushing of the field' with my phone camera, which is decent. The view angle is from the South Club, opposite where you were, so its probably on the footage. Approximately what yard line would you have come over the wall? I'll zoom in and see if its on the film.

what is missing here is what did you do or say to him?

Nov 8, 2015, 8:28 AM

come clean here - or do you want us to believe that a player randomly singled you out?

There are very few innocent victims of a punch that did nothing to provoke.

Bingo. +1***

Nov 8, 2015, 9:29 AM

Threaten the tradition....Suck it up like a man

Nov 8, 2015, 8:29 AM

And move on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 8:32 AM

Sorry dude, you gotta suck that up. You shouldn't be allowed on the field after a game anyway. Im surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Nov 8, 2015, 8:46 AM

Ooh look, a coot.

Hate to hear of this happening. Definitely looked like more people on the field a bit earlier than usual. I am sure there is camera footage somewhere.

I'm just curious how you know he was 6'4"***

Nov 8, 2015, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm just curious how you know he was 6'4"***

Nov 8, 2015, 9:58 AM

How long did you spend in the ER? And did your doctor take pigs?

Rushing the field

Nov 8, 2015, 8:54 AM

This is a wonderful, unique opportunity that Clemson fans have to celebrate with the team after the game. Unfortunately, some people refuse to heed the instructions that are put on the video boards, and announced in the stadium. If you were on the field before the opposing team had left the field, then you were in the wrong. I'm not making excuses for the FSU player, who was probably surrounded by screaming Clemson fans, and felt somewhat threatened. Unless we, as fans, learn to behave properly, we will lose the ability to go on the field. This is exactly why no other team allows it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rushing the field

Nov 8, 2015, 9:29 AM

Fairly disgusting responses from Clemson fans...

They're absolutely right in that you shouldn't have been on the field yet but I'm not sure you should have been punched in the face either without knowing more info. Apparently 1/2 these responses don't care what happened.

So far according to this thread... You're a drunk child that threatened an innocent fsu player.

If you run on to the field, up to an opposing player

Nov 8, 2015, 10:15 AM

and get punched, it is your fault.
It has been clearly stated at every Clemson game I've been to, to stay off the field till the opposing team leaves.
I doubt this player was running around punching any fans he could find, which leads me to believe this fan ran up to him. I also wonder what this fan said or did to him before he got punched.
Regardless, this could have been avoided if the fan listened to the proper instructions for entering the field after game play.

My advice, drop this and don't pursue it. You push it

Nov 8, 2015, 9:24 AM

hard enough and you could potentially mess up the tradition of people coming onto the field at the end of the game. How would you like to be responsible for that and half 75% of Clemson nation cursing your name?

Think about it, man.

Suck it up.

Nov 8, 2015, 9:28 AM

Jeff Lebo punched me....

Nov 8, 2015, 9:30 AM

True story. Jeff Lebo punched me once after we beat the holes in Littlejohn.

I wear it as a badge of honor.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

I was there. True story.***

Nov 8, 2015, 10:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 8, 2015, 10:42 AM

Go home Coot, you've got 4 posts and you're already trying to shake somebody down at the risk of having a great Clemson tradition banned. If you are a Clemson fan and not a Coot you will man up and forget this.

I dunno. May not be a coot,

Nov 8, 2015, 10:51 AM

I've seen more than a few Clemson fans I'd like to punch in the face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry but you have a very weak case

Nov 8, 2015, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Hit in the Face by FSU player while on the field after the game ]

The PA announcer makes it very clear to stay off the field until both teams have shook hands and the visiting team has left the field. What part of that did you not comprehend? Don't screw it up for the majority that do follow the rules.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic