Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Hit 'em in the mouth and they'll quit" . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

"Hit 'em in the mouth and they'll quit" . . .

Sep 10, 2017, 9:53 AM

I remember Ralph Friedgen told his Terps that during the halftime speech in 2008. And quit they did.

We've seen it time and time again, Dabo has made Clemson tough. These players are down right nasty. That was an impeccable defensive performance. Even the offense. They struggled, but they were tough. They ran right at Auburn. They licked their wounds and got up and did it again. And again. Again.

If you hit this team in the mouth, you better be ready because you just punched the baddest of them all.

Semper Fi and Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Hit 'em in the mouth and they'll quit" . . .

Sep 10, 2017, 10:02 AM

I agree, this program is now nasty and intimidating, unlike the Bowden years. BV might be the best hire this program ever made. Dabo has created an incredible winning environment. Also seems like Wilkens sets the tone, love that guy...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 10:58 AM

I remember that also.

They were so intimidating under Danny. They would tackle you, then stand over you. They were pretty soft during the Bowden years. But, man, they are NASTY now (on both sides of the ball).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden was a nice guy whose

Sep 10, 2017, 11:03 AM

dad was a great coach. Clemson should never expect to compete with the big boys, right Tommy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 12:50 PM

Right on the tough comment, but wrong on which coach is making them tough....That defense toughness is Brent Venables...the best defensive coach in the Country. Dabo is a great coach because he brings in the right personnel and recruits, but everyone including Dabo knows how valuable Brent Venables is!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic