Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Good Dawg...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Hey Good Dawg...

Aug 22, 2014, 9:04 PM

Props on the name, brah.

I know you come in peace.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Maybe a trap?***

Aug 22, 2014, 9:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite possibly...

Aug 22, 2014, 9:08 PM

I've been known to be a dumb@ss before, but I feel like gambling on this juan.

Call me crazy, but this dawg don't seem quite as smelly as the other juans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Quite possibly...

Aug 22, 2014, 10:04 PM

Yeah, I do come in peace. I don't get into the smack. I have nothing against Clemson. I went to UGA when we played you every year and our schools won it all in successive years, '80 and '81, so I'm getting to be an old timer. I think we played Clemson the very first time Sanford Stadium had lights, and the Clemson fans wore "The night the lights went out in GA shirts." I like going to other schools boards and learning about their team before the game. This game will be played and then we'll all be done with each other and be picking on the next opponent. UGA is almost always good but never great and a lot of UGA fans feel the same way. When I hear about "UGA arrogance", I just don't see it. Most fans are sick of not being able to win it all. I imagine that this game will be very tight. I have fun reading the smack, but I keep clear of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I come in peace too but I'm confused.

Aug 23, 2014, 12:18 AM

You say you don't see the "UGA arrogance," then point out that most fans are sick of not being able to win a national championship.

Is that not the epitome of arrogance?

I'm old too, how bout a little white space for we old guys?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I come in peace too but I'm confused.

Aug 23, 2014, 1:36 AM

I think good dawg is correct. UGA pulls some serious talent in and has been close. It would not have been a shock if UGA would have won a NC during the BCS era. We sure would like to repeat 1981.

According to GD UGAy fans are sick of not winning a NC.

Aug 23, 2014, 11:11 AM

That's quite a distance from not being shocked to see UGAy win a NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to I come in peace too but I'm confused. ]

If you average our recruiting over the past decade we come out on a higher level than even Alabama has.. actually we wind up in the number 2 spot in the nation. One would think that with proper coaching you could take that to the next level, but the coaching part is the key. We have not had a good defensive coach at Georgia in years. I do not think Pruitt will magically wave a wand and fix everything year one, but I do believe that he will have our team much improved from a year ago. Heck, our DBs did not even know where to be on the field last year game one, and by the last game of the season they were still throwing their hands in the air wondering what to do. That is nothing but purely bad coaching. The only thing that saved Grantham while at Georgia was the talent level of the athletes (see 2012). In 2012 the team was utterly stacked on defense, and in no way should have relegated to the poor defensive statistics that it had. The reason? Poor coaching, and the players simply did not play fundamental assignment football. They played well in flashes in spite of the coaching, not as a result of it.

Aug 23, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to I come in peace too but I'm confused. ]

Heck, no. I don't see that as arrogance. UGA has a lot a 9-3 and 10-2 seasons, but can't ever find a way to win it all, and they have choked, while a lot of other SEC teams have managed to put it all together. UGA
fans are pissed at being good but never great. I feel http that is a pretty normal reaction.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic