Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Dirtpeckers!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,601

Hey Dirtpeckers!

Jun 27, 2013, 9:43 AM

How do you have ANY Depth with four seniors?!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Dirtpeckers!

Jun 27, 2013, 9:49 AM

Good coaching. Some teams make excuses and say they have a young team, some teams win anyway.

BTW, I heard your secondary was going to be excellent this year because of some guys that were playing high school ball last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our secondary will be better because of health

Jun 27, 2013, 9:51 AM

Last year we were missing 3 starters for most of the year. Getting them back along with a talented group who will all push for PT does indeed help our secondary

Jun 27, 2013, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Dirtpeckers! ]

You are right. Chicken fans never make excuses. And you hav not won anything with that depth. yet.

Jun 27, 2013, 10:16 AM

WON more games in a 3 year stretch than Clemson ever has. Back to Back top 10 seasons. Knocked of a #1 Team. Back to Back bowl wins over quality opponents. Set positive trends in a few of our rivalries. Sounds like a lot of winning to me.

What championships did that get you?***

Jun 27, 2013, 10:19 AM

1969 has a sad and may die of loneliness soon...***

Jun 27, 2013, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't the #1 team in the country also beat you 56-17?

Jun 27, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Dirtpeckers! ]

that's an ouchie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2013, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Dirtpeckers! ]

You really want to talk about the last 3-4 years? paying players? Proviiding them a place to stay? And now your on probation.

Paying players?***

Jun 27, 2013, 11:59 AM

if you offset the cost of living or improve their quality

Jun 27, 2013, 12:36 PM

of life by giving players 'illegal gifs or benefits', that is payment.

Right, but the Whitney was giving them a discount.

Jun 27, 2013, 3:17 PM

The school wasn't paying players. The players get a stipend for housing. In theory, that violation is between the players and the Whitney. Now I'm sure in all reality the school was probably aware of this, but the school was not paying players, as you alluded to.

i didn't elude to anything, i defined it.***

Jun 27, 2013, 3:21 PM

this is reported as the amount they were found guilty of

Jun 27, 2013, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Right, but the Whitney was giving them a discount. ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14022257

by the ncaa. did the ncaa reduce the number of scholarship players the whitney could house over a 2 year period?

maybe the nc2a placed a 2 year bowl ban on the whitney since i didn't see them accept any bids?

Yes, they admitted to providing $58,000 of impermissible

Jun 27, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Paying players?*** ]

Benefits to players and recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2013, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Dirtpeckers! ]

"WON more games in a 3 year stretch than Clemson ever has."

Are you 13 years old?

Because you should really do some research before posting stupid stuff.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey Dirtpeckers! ]

Looks like someone really needs to get themselves in check. Over the last three years (12,11,10) the coots have won 31 games, (which is 4 more than we have in the same time period.) If you go back to the 1987- 1989 seasons we won 30 total games (1 game less than the coots) but also had 3 fewer losses. So please do some homework on your own team before spouting off inaccuracies.

Jun 27, 2013, 2:17 PM

Were you an Aviation Ordnanceman?

Jun 27, 2013, 2:40 PM

I still am. At least two more years away from retirement.

Jun 27, 2013, 3:09 PM

Outstanding! I was in for 10 years. I actually lived closed to Orange Park also. But I was at Cecil Field. Did most of my time in Lemoore CA.

Jun 27, 2013, 3:17 PM

I live in Orange Park now stationed at NAS Jax. Didn't do much time in lemoore been all east coast other than FRAMP

Herpa derpa peck peck peck derp

Jun 27, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Dirtpeckers! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

how many domercoots can that carry?***

Jun 27, 2013, 10:15 AM

all the board coot trolls***

Jun 27, 2013, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

that's a lot, they must have a fleet or do they dress them

Jun 27, 2013, 10:26 AM

in clowney outfits?

Jun 27, 2013, 10:05 AM

...Is depth the issue then, or do you mean not having a lot of Sr's/upperclassmen is the issue?

If you had 3 DE's, 1 is a Jr, 1 is a Soph, and 1 is a Fr, but they are all really good and better than any other DE's in the state, regardless of their class, wouldn't that mean you have depth?

Jun 27, 2013, 10:12 AM

Nope. Because you need more than three. And stars can't tell you how good a freshman is going to be. ALL of your LB's are sophomore or younger. That is one of,if the most important positions on defense. If you don't think that is true, watch the first six games Clemson played last year

Actually LBs can't do crap without the DL in front of them

Jun 27, 2013, 10:14 AM

And that is what will hurt them. Like our D last year it will take a while for a young DL to learn to play their gaps and having inexperienced LBs behind them won't help either.

Re: Actually LBs can't do crap without the DL in front of them

Jun 27, 2013, 10:37 AM

We have experience on the DL. Our bookends are as good as they get. Chaz Sutton isn't well known because he was behind Devin Taylor. Quarles is a 3 year starter and Surratt had a good year last year. The Dixon's did well with quality playing time last year. Dukes and Green are ready for their turn. English will be used in a pass rush role and has great technique and length. Our DL will once again be a strength.

At LB we do have an issue with inexperience. Seems like we have gone into the past several seasons with issues at LB and our coaches seem to get the right guys in the right spots.

hmmm

Jun 27, 2013, 11:35 AM

Didnt realize true success was measured in championships. We play in tough conference and only one team can win the MNC. Id say we are pretty successful without the rings.

Re: hmmm

Jun 27, 2013, 2:30 PM

"Didn't realize true success was measured in championships" - said no one ever. Well at least no one important. Ask the top 6 teams in the SEC if they agree with you. We always knew you fit in better with the bottom dwellers.

null

And a lot of LUCK

Jun 27, 2013, 11:35 AM

That and playing in the $ec EZ

Coot threads...

Jun 27, 2013, 11:38 AM

+1.
Fifth place rings , Clowney making tackles and stuff, free hotel rooms and free boat rides , made it to a conference championship reality check beating and... and....
Well , accomplishments come in different ways and shapes.
That Clowney is tall though...and a really good tackler and stuff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Re: Hey Dirtpeckers!

Jun 27, 2013, 12:40 PM

You're right, Alabama has done really well.

Now stop riding Saban's coattails so we can talk about how stupid coots are.

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,601
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic