Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Benaline, If Climate Change ain't real
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1,089

Hey Benaline, If Climate Change ain't real

Feb 15, 2021, 3:16 PM

how come some jerk Iguana just ran off with my McGarden Salad? I have been living in Florida off and on for close a decade, ad I do not remember there being iguanas this far north, meaning it is warm enough for their eggs to hatch now.

They are everywhere in our county, serious, and they are assholes too. You get near one to chase him out of your yard and you are looking at a good tail whip. Animal control has given up. They might as well be rabbits, cause they are everywhere this year, eating people's lawns and scaring all the children. shit ain't right.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Benaline, If Climate Change ain't real

Feb 15, 2021, 3:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 3:23 PM

that is how it starts, but they can not reproduce if it gets too cold. That is why they are flourishing further and further up the coast each year. People did not all of a sudden just start letting loose hem recently, the conditions are now ripe for them to flourish here.

3 years ago they had made their way up to Ft Lauderdale, they are on Hutchinson island now and have been reported as far north as Vero Beach. Those fuggers will swim up the coast to migrate, and they reproduce like crazy.

Kinda like the armadillo invasion here in SC***

Feb 15, 2021, 3:26 PM

Re: Kinda like the armadillo invasion here in SC***

Feb 15, 2021, 4:15 PM

I remember road trips with my family coming down to Florida from NJ to see the grandparents. We usually did not start spotting armadillos until Southern GA. The first person to spot one got to pick the next meal location. it was just my Dad's clever way of keeping us quiet in the back seat.

You saying they cannot evolve to reproduce there?

Feb 15, 2021, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey Benaline, If Climate Change ain't real ]

or anywhere it seems to be too cold?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I hope you did not attend Clemson and walk away with that

Feb 15, 2021, 11:01 PM

First off reptiles evolve very slowly, I mean over 100s of thousands of years. And even then it takes thousands of generations for the more dominant genetic variant to overtake the other.

the more likely scenario is we are having our warmest winter on record 2 years in a row and their eggs are hatching, whereas in years prior they did not. That is why they are running around like rabbits down here. being that they are cold-blooded, thy are very much dependent on favorable conditions to survive, they are not an adaptive species, say like a human or a raccoon, quite the opposite.

Well, i guessing you went to South Carilina with your

Feb 16, 2021, 7:29 AM

inability to recognize a little "funnin'". Hey, you reckon those lizards will ever learn how to climb a tree and not fall out when the weather turn cool?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Well, i guessing you went to South Carilina with your

Feb 16, 2021, 10:30 AM

lol.

I hope it freezes and kills every last one of them, but no such luck this year.

Feb 15, 2021, 3:21 PM

Florida has always been known for it's cold winters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 3:38 PM

It has not snowed in Miami in years. Climate change.

Feb 15, 2021, 3:22 PM

Thought it was legal to shoot them. Surprised no one is selling Iguana kabobs at roadside stands by now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 3:25 PM

I am sure it is, they are a nuisance. And I have heard their tails are decent eating.

Never said it wasn’t real

Feb 15, 2021, 3:35 PM

Did say that our capacity to adapt will out-pace the amount of change in our environment...

Re: Never said it wasn’t real

Feb 15, 2021, 4:21 PM

I missed that part. I actually do believe the free market will find real solutions with regard to carbon sequestration. But t the same time it is like slamming the breaks on a tanker ship, reducing our carbon footprint just changes the trajectory, it does not repair the damage already done.

Re: Never said it wasn’t real

Feb 15, 2021, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Never said it wasn’t real ]

bengal

Do you mean our ability to adapt as animals - or as a society ??

Sounds like a good chance to exercise your 2nd Amendment

Feb 15, 2021, 3:59 PM

rights - I'd recommend a Henry .22 rifle, fun to shoot and accurate...

I'll be honest, I don't like big lizards. Went on a cruise to Mexico one time, walked around some gardens and those fvckers looked like little velociraptors running around...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will provide a free food source for all of our

Feb 15, 2021, 4:09 PM

New countrymen flooding across the Mexican border

Everyone I see, Ill tell them to head to North Florida for free Iguanas... Se Pablo ?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 4:24 PM

I've noticed birds flying north toward the warmth!

Feb 15, 2021, 4:39 PM

The dinosaurs are making a comeback, but they are having to start small.

.18 degrees per decade change and you can "feel" it

Feb 15, 2021, 5:14 PM

and so can the iguanas. In the previous century it was only .07 degrees per decade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: .18 degrees per decade change and you can "feel" it

Feb 15, 2021, 10:50 PM

Neal

I don't know where you are getting your figures from, but I would point out that, according to your numbers, that the temp is warming almost 3x faster this century than last.

Feb 15, 2021, 11:13 PM [ in reply to .18 degrees per decade change and you can "feel" it ]

yes neal, I can see the changes happening here. And I am working on a 3 billion dollar infrastructure proposal to raise and extend the Florida coastline out and up just north of Ft Lauderdale, it is one of the more vulnerable inlets. there are dozens of these things planned up and down the Atlantic coast. People do not throw around that kind of cash for fun.

Feb 15, 2021, 11:59 PM

I guess they will do that with solar powered machinery.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since you enjoy acting like a ####

Feb 16, 2021, 10:07 AM

I think I am going to just start treating you like one.

Actually the govt does throw cash around for fun

Feb 16, 2021, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: .18 degrees per decade change and you can "feel" it ]

Also goes by the names “pet projects” and “pork spending”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2021, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: .18 degrees per decade change and you can "feel" it ]

Feb 16, 2021, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: .18 degrees per decade change and you can "feel" it ]

All the big wheels know climate change is coming even if they turn around and deny it publicly.

There's all sorts of breakwalls and levies being planned and anybody who owns beachfront property is being warned to reinforce or they'll lose it. There's all sorts of erosion modelling going on.

Heck, Folly Beach State Park is fighting a losing battle, and they know it. I've also got a buddy down in Fish & Game whose life ambition is to hang out on his boat smoking dope and even he's alarmed as crap at the salinity and PCB levels he's seeing in Chucktown harbor, and it's being caused by excessive rainwater runoff. Which in turn is causing an absolute disaster down in the harbor's ecology.

We gotta get our collective stuff together. We can, but we gotta at least own the problems first, and putting our fingers in ours ears and going la-la-la-la-la like a bunch of six-year-olds because we don't want to deal isn't going to get it done.

The problem is the big oil lobby politicizing this, and it really is that simple. We had a problem with acid rain wiping out forests and annihilating fish populations in the '90's. (Remember that? Vaguely?) Well, that's because we solved that by ridding our plants of sulphate ions. We were wiping out the ozone layer too, you may recall...but we stopped using CFC's - especially in hairspray - and that's almost entirely repaired itself now too. No reason global warming can't be the same kind of technical fix. Elon Musk is trying to jump-start the solution, which is pretty cool: incentivize some geeks with naked greed to save the world. It'll probably even work.

https://www.space.com/elon-musk-carbon-capture-x-prize#:~:text=Elon%20Musk%20wants%20your%20ideas,according%20to%20X%20Prize%20officials.

Silly coke dealers... Anything 'exotic'...***

Feb 16, 2021, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1,089
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic