Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Beef....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Hey Beef....

Jan 6, 2021, 8:15 AM

Beefsteak®

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

GA just elected the most privileged, arrogant, smug piece of #### ever. I guess if you have nothing to do, and you try long enough, Mommy and Daddy can buy you a US Senate seat. Ridiculous.

I'm not shocked my Warnock winning, he appeared likeable and Leffler pretty much sucks and went full Trump.

Can't wait for higher taxes (personal and corporate), higher national debt (I'm sure $2,000 checks are coming) and higher unemployment.

Great job GA. Maybe we can fix this mess in 2 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Beef....

Jan 6, 2021, 8:16 AM

Thank Trump's nuttiness.

Yup, I'll hope for the best, but I pretty much know that

Jan 6, 2021, 8:17 AM

things aren't gonna get easier now as a small business owner. We're afterthoughts to the left....make too much to get free sheet, make too little to get corporate largess and favorable tax codes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yup, I'll hope for the best, but I pretty much know that

Jan 6, 2021, 9:42 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yup, I'll hope for the best, but I pretty much know that

Jan 6, 2021, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Yup, I'll hope for the best, but I pretty much know that ]

O,

Is that not true of Republican politicians also ??

Higher national debt?

Jan 6, 2021, 8:49 AM

I'm sorry, where have you been for the past 4 years? It's been a running joke that suddenly, the national debt is going to matter again starting this month, but the thing is...it's not a joke. How vocal were you about adding $8T to the national debt over Trump's term? Do you care that his tax cuts, without corresponding cuts in spending, are fantastically stupid and the primary reason for that massive deficit? Taxes shouldn't have been cut in the first place (especially in the middle of a bull economy), but you don't get to applaud tax cuts and decry deficit spending in the same sentence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couple of items....

Jan 6, 2021, 9:07 AM

First, his tax cuts weren't necessary. The simplification was nice, but individual cuts weren't needed.

Second, how much of that $8T was interest payments on prior debt?

Third, how much of that $8T was due to the rounds of COVID relief?

I've said it before, any time one party has total control they do stupid ####. It's almost guaranteed. Dems did it under Obama. Repubs did it under Trump. And Dems are about to do it again under Biden.

$2000 for everyone is exactly the same as a tax cut

Jan 6, 2021, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Higher national debt? ]

Remember this does not include all the pork that gets attached, which like the last bill is more than the "stimulus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

still takes 60 votes to avoid filibuster.

Jan 6, 2021, 8:50 AM

the majority gives Dems a lot of power, but not enough to slam through a wacky agenda.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: still takes 60 votes to avoid filibuster.

Jan 6, 2021, 9:34 AM

Unless the Dems pressure Manchin and Feinstein to go along with eliminating the filibuster, that is true.

If the filibuster is eliminated, who knows what gets passed. Then you basically have 1 person, take your pick- Kamala Harris- potentially making law.

It would seem that a decent piece of legislation could get 60 votes out of 100 no matter who was controlling the Senate. That has not been the case. So now, we potentially go from that to Kamala Harris being "The Decider."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kamala Harris will be THE most powerful Vice President

Jan 6, 2021, 10:17 AM

in our nation's history. First woman. First African American. And a Democrat.

Good times. Good times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kamala Harris will be THE most powerful Vice President

Jan 6, 2021, 11:32 AM

Good times never seemed so good-Haha!

Nah, #### Cheney probably will still hold the title of most powerful VP when Kamala takes over for Joe.She will not have been VP long enough to move #### down the list.

Just curious, VP-elect Harris is obviously African-American, but she is just as much Asian-American. Why does that designation not get as much pub? Same thing with Tiger Woods. Seems a little lazy to not give the mother's side of the family any credit?

I'm not a fan at all of Harris based on her politics, nor Ossoff and Warnock, but I think it actually speaks well of our country that in 2020/2021 that this irredeemably racist, sexist and bigoted country to hear some tell it, elected a woman African-Asian-American as VP and the red state of GA elected a black man and a Jew.

I think it's great as well that Georgia elected a

Jan 6, 2021, 11:44 AM

"black man and a Jew" but that was because of the Democratic Party. The Republican Party had nothing to do with it.

Racism, sexism and religious bigotry are still very much alive on one side of the aisle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's great as well that Georgia elected a

Jan 6, 2021, 11:49 AM

Re: I think it's great as well that Georgia elected a

Jan 6, 2021, 12:21 PM

True T3. If Jaime Harrison challenges Tim Scott and loses again in his attempt to become a US Senator, will that mean the Pubs in SC are racist? Nikki Haley won 2 terms for governor here in SC. So, Pubs in SC really showed them how to be both racist and sexist in putting an Asian-American woman in office? We just don't seem very skilled in expressing our prejudices at the ballot box.

So when the libs vote for a white person over a black conservative, they are following conviction? When a white person votes for a non- liberal person of any color, sex or religion we are not following conviction?

From my recollection, which may be in error Chuckston, you said you were raised in a Pub household and had political discussions at the dinner table. Again, I may be in error. If my recollection is correct, was the food that bad or your parents so overbearing that you now appear to loathe seemingly everything conservative?

Re: still takes 60 votes to avoid filibuster.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: still takes 60 votes to avoid filibuster. ]

ron,

By all accounts Joe Manchin is a pretty reasonable person - for a politician. I don't think he will eliminate the filibuster (although I would like to see the minority actually have to filibuster, rather than just threaten to).

Even if they DO eliminate the filibuster, they still have to convince Manchin and other moderates to vote for whatever legislation that you fear will be too far left.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:32 AM

ZJ,

If all of these people spend their $2000 checks, won't that help keep business open and create jobs ?? (Try looking up the money multiplier effect)

Jan 6, 2021, 10:40 AM

I'd probably put mine in medical marijuana stock, turn it into 10k in 2 years. So it would not see the light of day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 10:58 AM

you commie !!

Capitalist Commie !!!***

Jan 6, 2021, 11:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You didn't tell me anything I didn't know already bud.

Jan 6, 2021, 12:06 PM

And my prediction of split, which you thought was insane was almost correct.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You didn't tell me anything I didn't know already bud.

Jan 6, 2021, 12:08 PM

Yet the PSC incumbent Bubba destroyed Blackman.***

Jan 6, 2021, 12:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic