Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Hey Auburn

Dec 21, 2020, 7:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's next level trolling right there!

Dec 21, 2020, 7:59 PM

I can't believe a relatively successful mighty SEC program is having this kind of trouble filling a job. Could it possibly be that the bloom is off the giant SEC Rose?

Somebody in the coaching ranks knows something that the public doesn't, and has passed that knowledge on. The only thing I can think of is some kind of giant cheating scandal about to bust wide open. But, we know from past experience, Awbarn is more than capable of burying those somehow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's next level trolling right there!

Dec 21, 2020, 8:02 PM

Auburn alumni expect to beat Alabama every year and to win the SEC West every year. That is a pretty hot pot to jump into.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like a $21.5M bonfire... Somebody sure has plenty $$$***

Dec 21, 2020, 8:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's next level trolling right there!

Dec 22, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to That's next level trolling right there! ]

That’s got to be the WORST good coaching job in America. Always playing second fiddle to the teams around you- especially Bama, but also Georgia, Florida, and LSU i surrounding states. Only the sh!t show at Tennessee is close.

Plenty of money, sure. Great conference, sure. Coaching graveyard- absolutely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Auburn

Dec 21, 2020, 8:40 PM

Tide is still rolling strong. If you're a HC trying to prove yourself don't be surprised if you're expected to beat a top 2 team every year for 3-5 years. Their next HC after you will have a much better chance as Saban has to go eventually.

Just can't win -- and surely can't lose

Dec 22, 2020, 9:57 AM

Auburn just fired Gus Malzahn and he had a 3-4 record against Saban / Alabama

He had a W-L record of 68-35 - so beating Alabama ever once in awhile won't keep you job at Auburn --

just ask Gene Chizik -- 33-19 and won em' a national title !!!

Re: Just can't win -- and surely can't lose

Dec 22, 2020, 10:30 AM

I think he was 3-5, but yes you are correct.

He was the only active coach with 3 wins vs Saban. Freeze and Dabo are #2 with 2. Kyle Wittinham is thhere. Sumlin, Richt, Bowden, Urban, Stoops, Weatherbie, Croom, Miles, and a few others no longer coaching have a few wins.... but dang, those with NC seem to be a common thread....

Re: Hey Auburn

Dec 22, 2020, 10:44 AM

I would love for them to hire him and then he becomes very successful. The coots would go crazy.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic