Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey AP voters, THANK YOU!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Hey AP voters, THANK YOU!!!!

Oct 13, 2019, 2:37 PM

You don't learn do you?

Hell hath no fury like a pissed off Dabo Swinney, and you may have just sent him over the edge.

Feel sorry for the rest of CFB this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey AP voters, THANK YOU!!!!

Oct 13, 2019, 2:42 PM

With Oklahoma winning out, the winner of Ohio St/Penn St going the writing is on the wall that we may get treated like UCF because of schedule strength. Put that in your I don’t care about the rest of the ACC pipe and smoke it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 2:43 PM

UCF wasn’t undefeated defending National Champions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Or from a Power 5 conference ***

Oct 13, 2019, 6:02 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches know how hard it is to win!

Oct 13, 2019, 6:16 PM

Plain and simple. Coaches know how difficult it is to get the attention of that many 18-23 Y/O kids over 20 games. They know what CU is doing is hard and not to be taken lightly. They all also know they don't want to play Clemson.
AP voters are all probably "romantic novel" readers who also believe in the tooth fairy! And utopia.

CFPC - will make their picks soon enough thankfully. And even that will change a few times. Still a long way to go.

What happens if Burrow gets hurt at LSU? Still the same team? What about Hurts at Oklahoma? Ohio St. has done this so many times where they look undef eatable it's not even funny. Let the season play out and we will see.
I will say, no room for error though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win out we are in. The “media” is

Oct 13, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey AP voters, THANK YOU!!!! ]

Not the selection committee

Oct 13, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey AP voters, THANK YOU!!!! ]

Nope. Win and we are in.

Oct 13, 2019, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey AP voters, THANK YOU!!!! ]

May r you could give this routine a rest for a bit. You sound silly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey AP voters, THANK YOU!!!! ]

ZerOhio st and Penn state will both lose. Choklahoma will also lose. You nervous nancies give way too much credit to mediocre teams

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 3:19 PM

Here's what I don't get: except for fans of our biggest rivals (SC, FSU), temporary rivals (Bama), and oughtta-be rivals (GA), Dabo is personally pert'near universally liked; his program is widely lauded and imitated, yet still, when it comes to subjective performance evaluations--i.e., polls--the media stick a finger in his eye at the first opportunity.

Oh well. Louisville's in for a whoopin'.

Oct 13, 2019, 4:31 PM

There’s also the fact that we beat every team that’s currently in the top 5 the last time we played them (crushing most of them)....there’s no way we get left out if we go undefeated

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 4:36 PM

Gotta agree. Motivation baby

Oct 13, 2019, 4:48 PM

Let's calm down guys and gals. The season is only half over. The possibilities of who's in and who's out is going to change week by week. We're just now getting into the meat of conference schedules and the number of undefeated teams will shrink like a cheap pair of trousers. All the Tigers need do is to show up every Saturday and defeat our opponents. That's the only thing we can control.

Remember last season when most of the so-called experts told us on a constant basis that Alabama would eat our bowl of Wheaties and we would be eating hog jowls for dessert? And even before halftime in the championship game the Red Elephants were begging for Wheaties to give them a little strength.

Most of the current undefeated teams will be playing another undefeated team down the stretch so the final number of undefeated teams will be small. I believe the Tigers will be one of those undefeated teams and in the playoff.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 5:16 PM

Agreed Joe21!

You whip up on Ohio St. Alabama and Oklahoma the last time you played and get treated like you "are not" defending champs by the AP.

No way. No how you can keep an undefeated Clemson and ACC champion out of the playoffs(assuming we are of course).
The playoffs will be blown up and the outrage through the roof if it were to happen(it won't). Why? Because right now everyone is again giving so much credit to the opponents these teams are playing and not giving credit to our opponents. The same opponents that offered "Zero-Resistance" to Bama last year! Yeah, these are the programs people are saying are so tough that a win over them should carry more weight than an ACC opponent. I don't see it that way at all. I don't see the rest of the SEC all that tough! If it were the outrageous blow outs wouldn't be happening would they?

Voice of reason in that playoff committee would have Clemson in w/o much of an issue. Maybe a 4 see by then; but I think we get in if we win our conference and are undefeated.
The powers that be who are convinced in SEC superiority want Clemson to lose like nobody's business! Sorry Sucka's!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 5:21 PM

I have followed polls for many years.. since about the 70’s when I became a season ticket holder. I can’t say that I remember ANY team dropping 2 spots in consecutive weeks that they won. I won’t say it hasn’t happened but I would say it is very, very rare.

Oct 13, 2019, 5:22 PM

Well, winning convincingly doesn’t seem to matter to pollsters!

Oct 13, 2019, 6:02 PM

Notice in the Coaches Poll we were voted either 1 or 2 by all of the voters. How many "journalists" are on the CFP Committee?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As the water boy said

Oct 13, 2019, 5:56 PM

That’s tackling fuel.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic