Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm not typically a Bill Maher fan, but I think everyone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 753

I'm not typically a Bill Maher fan, but I think everyone

Dec 2, 2020, 10:25 AM

should listen to this. He makes a lot of sense, especially after about a minute in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgrZAPUvKyA

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stopped at "the difference between gridlock and progress"

Dec 2, 2020, 10:29 AM

No need to listen to more of Maher's liberal drivel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: I stopped at "the difference between gridlock and progress"

Dec 2, 2020, 10:31 AM

at the 1:00 minute mark he pretty much dismantles the Democratic Party's platform, and he is spot on. surely you can find some enjoyment there?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He does the remaining part of the video as well.***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:31 AM

Re: He does the remaining part of the video as well.***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:47 AM

Yeah I saw that on Friday. It was his last show for the season, he will be gone until late January.

That was from the 2nd to last show (nov 13)

Dec 2, 2020, 10:48 AM

I tried to watch the last one and fell asleep.

Re: That was from the 2nd to last show (nov 13)

Dec 2, 2020, 10:51 AM

Ah yes... He had another good one this past week. I generally stick around for this portion, or if he has a good panel.

I stayed awake for the panel on the 11/20 show.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:57 AM

They were good. They painted the truth about the media, even though they both were liberals. It was pretty eye opening hearing them admit that mainstream media is overwhelmingly liberal, and the problems that causes by itself.

You should go back and listen

Dec 2, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to I stopped at "the difference between gridlock and progress" ]

I am not a fan of Maher at all, but he absolutely nails why your normal, average American votes against democrat candidates. And surely the premise would apply to the other side. We desperately need a political shift in this country from both sides towards the middle. Extremism from both sides is ruining America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Totally agree. I had a history teacher during my junior

Dec 2, 2020, 2:44 PM

year in high school. We were discussing political parties. At the beginning of the next history class our teacher came into the room, picked up a piece of chalk and drew a straight line from end to end on a very large chalkboard. He went to the middle of the horizontal line and placed a vertical line. On the far left of the line he wrote "Revolutionaries", on the far right of the line he wrote "Reactionaries". He asked the class to tell him the difference between the two.

The answer? Absolutely nothing. They are exactly the same. Both groups are so greatly divided, they will never make real change. The best leadership is formed when you can bring both parties closer to the center.

This was true in that History Class way back in 1975, and it is true today.

Re: I stopped at "the difference between gridlock and progress"

Dec 2, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to I stopped at "the difference between gridlock and progress" ]

Wilbur,

How open-minded of you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any time the Gamecocks talk about us cheating it makes me happy

Dec 2, 2020, 10:53 AM

because as long as they focus on that boogie man, they will never focus on improving their culture and their program. I’m disappointed when a Gamecock tips his hat and acknowledges that Clemson is a great program, with a great culture and great coaches...because that clear thinking can lead to improvement on their end.

So aside from seemingly completely dismissing policy, and seemingly implying that Trump’s only redeeming quality is “not being a Democrat” Maher is dead on here. Hopefully no one will listen to him or maybe he’ll be cancelled for his sins, because if the Democrats actually dismissed this ridiculous SJW extreme they will get a lot more support.

null

I agree, 2020 had the worst choices in modern history.

Dec 2, 2020, 11:05 AM

I really hope Trump doesn't run in 2024. There are many bright new leaders that deserve a shot.

I hope he runs. That would require he keep the GOP in

Dec 2, 2020, 11:14 AM

thrall, much to the detriment of any new blood in the party.

Besides, GOP voters have made it perfectly clear that they prefer a loud mouth blowhard pathological liar like Trump. If not Trump, who will fill that void?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big shoes to fill for sure lol***

Dec 2, 2020, 11:16 AM

He's going to announce he's running in 2024.

Dec 2, 2020, 11:20 AM

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1333960528163713025

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In four years he'll be in an urn.***

Dec 2, 2020, 11:23 AM

Gosh, I hope not. I would like to see him live a long life

Dec 2, 2020, 11:29 AM

of litigation and humiliation and as a constant reminder of the Republican Party embrace of the most vile and corrupt president in our lifetimes.

Whoa there, 2016 had the worst choices in modern history!***

Dec 2, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to I agree, 2020 had the worst choices in modern history. ]

Re: Whoa there, 2016 had the worst choices in modern history!***

Dec 2, 2020, 11:21 AM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-meteor/trump-clinton-many-young-americans-prefer-giant-meteor-poll-finds-idUSKCN12I20S

pretty good video

Dec 2, 2020, 11:15 AM

worth the watch

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Seems pretty clear

Dec 2, 2020, 12:58 PM

but that horse has left the barn. The snowflake movement partly evolved out of the gay and lesbian movement, which evolved out of the feminists movement, and they are realizing how this mutation has come full circle to bite them in the ### in new and exciting ways with the trans movement.

So much sensitivity, so little time to gather those rosebuds.

But that’s just it...

Dec 2, 2020, 2:46 PM

There are snowflakes on both sides of the equation. For every person on the left offended by someone using an incorrect pronoun, there’s someone on the right pissed off because there’s no prayer in public schools. How much better off would we be as a nation if radical progressives and evangelicals were once again pushed to the margins of society...I think much better off.

Re: But that’s just it...

Dec 2, 2020, 4:21 PM

BTM,

I wouldn't want to push them too far - I'd like for them to be able to challenged the middle occasionally - sometimes they help us open our eyes to something new and worthwhile.

Where i think we are really going wrong is perceiving those fringes (on both sides) as far more numerous than they are. Media (social and otherwise) magnifies the numbers and influence of these fringes to the point that we are all too able to dismiss the things we have in common.

Replies: 23
| visibility 753
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic