Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bob Fulton, or Todd Ellis?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Bob Fulton, or Todd Ellis?

Nov 26, 2019, 9:12 AM

"Are you kidding me?"

Mr. Fulton is probably rolling over in his grave every time he has to listen to Toad broadcast a game. Talk about going from the Penthouse to the outhouse........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, there is absolutely no comparison...

Nov 26, 2019, 9:16 AM

Bob Fulton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Todd Ellis

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Right, there is absolutely no comparison...

Nov 26, 2019, 3:23 PM

Bob Fulton was an institution along with Jim Phillips.
Two of a kind in an era gone bye.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right, there is absolutely no comparison...

Nov 26, 2019, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Right, there is absolutely no comparison... ]

Exactly right - bob ... no comparison!! Listened to Bob Fulton for years ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Bob Fulton was a class act. Ellis is

Nov 26, 2019, 9:23 AM

Jerk who was running a pyramid scheme(Burn Lounge) with Rob Debore in Columbia and when it fell apart Ellis threw Rob under the bus.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 26, 2019, 9:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Bob Fulton was a class act. Ellis is

Nov 26, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Bob Fulton was a class act. Ellis is ]

If I recall right, and I could be wrong, ole Todd was part of the coup to ouster Mike Morgan (who was/is a very good play by play guy) from the Football booth at South Carolina.

https://www.thestate.com/latest-news/article14342321.html

Re: Bob Fulton was a class act. Ellis is

Nov 26, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Bob Fulton was a class act. Ellis is ]

Pretty sure we had an x player in that crap

As I recall, when Jim Phillips passed away...

Nov 26, 2019, 10:45 AM

Bob Fulton came to Clemson the very next Saturday & did the radio call for at least one quarter of the game on Tiger Network. Very classy. I don’t think Todd Ellis would even consider doing that.

Bob was originally supposed to call a play or two,

Nov 26, 2019, 11:10 AM

as I recall, but wound up calling the entire quarter, as the Clemson crowd loudly cheered him.

It was a very moving moment in DV, thanks to one of the greatest of all...Bob Fulton.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there were a Mount Rushmore of Bobs, he would be on it...

Nov 26, 2019, 11:32 AM

along with cutigerbob®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That was the Mid Tenn St game in '03 and was

Nov 26, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to As I recall, when Jim Phillips passed away... ]

one of the coolest things I ever heard. Fulton had class and, like Phillips and other guys of that era, a voice you recognize instantly.

Not to worry, that's one invitation Toad will never get.

Nov 26, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to As I recall, when Jim Phillips passed away... ]

Not even close.

Re: As I recall, when Jim Phillips passed away...

Nov 26, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to As I recall, when Jim Phillips passed away... ]

I met Bob Fulton at a Christmas party many years ago. He and Jim Phillips were guests at a few Tiger parties in Greenville. The 2 of them were going to scoot Christmas parties in Columbia the next weekend. Mr Fulton was a gentleman with a good sense of humor. He and Jim seemed to have a sincere friendship. It was a different era.

Here's what happened with Bob calling the game

Nov 26, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to As I recall, when Jim Phillips passed away... ]

after dad's death. We originally asked him to speak at the funeral, but as I was speaking with him during the week the idea of having him call a series during the game came up. He agreed without hesitation. Was just one series, we took it the length of the field for a touchdown. It was amazing. During the series row after row of people in front of the radio booth weren't watching the game. They had their headsets on and were turned around watching Bob call a Clemson game. Bob was an absolute class act and a very, very good friend to dad

Re: Here's what happened with Bob calling the game

Nov 26, 2019, 7:03 PM

If I remember, Bob had already been retired a year or two before . When he stepped up to call the game, he sounded like he had never stopped. No rust at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had actually been retired for several years

Nov 26, 2019, 7:11 PM

Charlie MacAlexander succeeded him and was there a good while. 2003 was Todd's first year. Bob was actually a little nervous, but once he took the mic, he was smooth as always. He had a great radio voice.

He was actually forced out down there. Stupid on their part. He was still better than anyone they've had since when he left. Like dad, he wasn't as good as he was in his prime as he got older, but he was still dang good. His biggest problem was his vision started to fade

Re: Bob Fulton, or Todd Ellis?

Nov 26, 2019, 10:48 AM

Bob Fulton hands down. Todd Ellis is not even in the same universe as Bob. Bob Fulton, Jim Philips, Eli Gold and Larry Munson 4 of the best announcers ever.

Nov 26, 2019, 11:30 AM

You have to add Woody Durham to the list of great announcers of that era. His, son Wes is almost as good.

Everyone so far that has responded is correct.

Nov 26, 2019, 11:52 AM

(They agree with me that Mr. Bob Fulton was in a different, much classier universe than Toad Ellis.)

This is a smart bunch right cheer.!

Don’t even mention those two in the same breath.

Nov 26, 2019, 12:03 PM

Mr. Fulton was a legend.

Wee Todd should be broadcasting high school football in Montana.

~JKB

I like Todd Ellis much better

Nov 26, 2019, 12:11 PM

He fits the coots perfectly

scared to death of Will Mustcoots progress

cycling in

We throw trash because they are meanies

Nov 26, 2019, 12:12 PM

Todd Ellis is a no good classless dirtpecker. Like most of them. That is all.

Nov 26, 2019, 1:48 PM

Clemson would be lucky to have an announcer like Bob Fulton. Pete Yannity was much better than Munson.

Nov 26, 2019, 2:46 PM

You need to even ask? Bob was everything good about a sports announcer. Smooth, deep baritone voice. Articulate. Knowledgeable. Knew more than one sport, did a great job on Scar baseball. In some ways he may have been better than Jim though Jim was great. He and Jim both loved their teams but they also liked each other. Both we realistic when their teams were not performing. He was also a real class act when Jim died, doing momentary play by play and announcing a Tiger touchdown against Furman. Since his passing Scar has given itself over to shameless homerism. Stadium announcer doing NBA style bellowing every time a chicken dies anything remotely favorable. Another Carolina FIRST DOWN! Which my bud and me respond in the second half with ANOTHER CAROLINA FOURTH DOWN! ahead of their frequent punts. And of course Todd who wets his pants overs three yard pass.

Fulton , Munson, Phillips

Nov 26, 2019, 7:58 PM

Miss all three. Doubt I will ever miss Ellis

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic