Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here’s what amazes me about all the KB comments on the bored
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Here’s what amazes me about all the KB comments on the bored

Jul 1, 2018, 6:45 PM

I see a lot of comparisons with DW4 and TL, and DW4 and KB...

...so, it seems most feel that DW4 is “the measuring stick” in the debate of who should start at QB this year, right???

Then, my question is:
Why is everyone overlooking what DW4 said...
I’m pretty sure I remember him saying KB would end up being better than he was himself, but there seems to be a lot of you that are ready to dismiss DW4 and throw KB under the bus after leading us to a 3rd straight ACC Championship and another CFP appearance that we lost to Alabama.

Oh, by the way, DW4 lost his first try against them too.

I’d give the benefit of the doubt to what DW4 said and support KB and our coaching staff but then again, I’m probably not as smart as most of you.

Just sayin...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 was simply being humble and kind when he made that...

Jul 1, 2018, 6:50 PM

statement. Encouraging the next man up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure he also said Ohio State had a strong defense.***

Jul 1, 2018, 6:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here’s what amazes me about all the KB comments on the bored

Jul 1, 2018, 7:18 PM

Here is what's really amazing, and that is, that some couldn't recognize that DW4 was doing nothing more than trying to boost KB's confidence. With DW4 saying what he said, how many believe that KB will get drafted as an NFL QB, and come close to doing what DW4 has done so far in the NFL!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 7:25 PM

And Dabo got into the Blarney with his "Kyle Parker could start for an NFL team"... Sometimes the mouth is faster than the brain and sometimes you are just helping a friend keep his confidence up...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 7:40 PM

In all honesty Kyle Parker was having a great career until that late hit in the auburn game that messed his ribs up. After that he played timid and was played not to ruin his baseball career.

Message was edited by: DirtyTiger2000

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Here’s what amazes me about all the KB comments on the bored ]

That is what DW4 was doing for KB IMO, he was building up his confidence!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok

Jul 1, 2018, 8:20 AM

Thas putting yourself out there.

Re: Ok

Jul 1, 2018, 7:30 PM

Yep! I’m putting myself out there... ON THE SIDE OF DABO & OUR COACHING STAFF.

Whose side are you on?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, I like KB, but there is homer'ism

Jul 1, 2018, 7:37 PM

And then there are just orange colored glasses. You side on the latter

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Winning the Natl Championship at Alma Mater***

Jul 2, 2018, 6:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok ]

By letting the more talented players suit up at every position when they are ready - and encouraging the multi-millionaire staff to coach them up and get them ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW did the unfathomable: gave KB a confidence booster. KB is better than DW4

Jul 1, 2018, 7:41 PM

Running the football and better than DW as a short yardage weapon. Hes a great teammate, and understands the value of the talent around him, especially on Defense, and is therefore conservative re not making a mistake... but sometimes to a fault. Remember going into the year last year no one was sure how Kelly Bryant would perform in all the different situations throughout the season that it takes to be elite. At some point teams are going to make you and your team uncomfortable, your going to struggle, and you've got to have all the tools to push through. Desaun Watson had those tools. We had a lot of close games when DW4 was here. He struggled from time to time, but he had the arm and the mental intangibles that are all poetically encapsulated in the final drive vs Bama for the NC. Bryant is searching for that still. DW4 checked off every box. KB has check off a lot of the same boxes, just isn't there yet

Best Is The Standard

Re: DW did the unfathomable: gave KB a confidence booster. KB is better than DW4

Jul 1, 2018, 7:49 PM

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised how well Kelly Bryant will play this year. With the return of Garett Williams, an improved oline and more seasoned rbs and wrs, he will have a fantastic all around statistical season.

Re: DW did the unfathomable: gave KB a confidence booster. KB is better than DW4

Jul 1, 2018, 9:33 PM

The reason KB was our starter in game 1 last year was because he had a small amount of game experience from 2016 to draw on, and none of our other 5 QBs did.

(Everyone had a poor spring game in 2017.)

So even after a poor spring game in 2018, guess who is once again the only QB on the team with college game experience? That's right, Kelly B!

So, yes, i expect him to start. With an easier schedule in Sept--except A&M--i expect him to exceed last year's performances. I expect Dabo to play a winning hand by giving TL and even Chase some opportunities to perform. I expect the coaches to give KB a game plan that allows more risk taking so TL doesn't get all the stats, knowing this defense is the best eraser on the planet. I expect KB to actually learn to read defenses better by playing with TL. I expect more crossing routes this year to open up the whole field, but will be surprised if Kelly completes very many. But i expect him to throw the vertical ball much more effectively.

But i don't expect him to raise his game enough to beat Bama. Nor do i think TL will unless Dabo invests in him heavily.

To beat Bama, your QB needs to be confident and capable of checking out of bad plays. Of reading disguised blitzes and moving the RB presnap. Of chewing out the center for low snaps that make you take your eyes off the play in front of you. Of recognizing mismatches and golden opportunities. Of putting the ball where only your guy can go get it. Of always knowing where the safeties are. Of never taking a sack when your best guy is in one on one coverage.

DW4 did all these things to the tune of 480 yards in the game he lost. You think there's any reason to hope KB will make that great of a leap his second time?

Jul 1, 2018, 10:42 PM

Who says alabama is going to make the college playoffs? Just joking. If we do play Alabama, we will be ready.

In my eyes, the play we receive from the wideouts will be much better than last years group. It seemed that none of the starters could get separation whether due to size or speed. Well in 2018 the receivers will be bigger, faster and stronger and should be in their natural positions. To me, This is one of the many factors that I believe will lead to greater passing success for kb and virtually anyone lines up behind center.

KB is faster in a straight line than DW4 - but by no means

Jul 1, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to DW did the unfathomable: gave KB a confidence booster. KB is better than DW4 ]

Is he a better runner than DW4. Not even close - Watson has the innate ability to scramble and has much better vision than Bryant. Did you happen to see that 50+ yard scramble Deshaun had for the Texans?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: KB is faster in a straight line than DW4 - but by no means

Jul 1, 2018, 10:03 PM

Against Bama, KB run the ball 19 time for a total of 58 yards and lost 39 yards....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Re: KB is faster in a straight line than DW4 - but by no means

Jul 2, 2018, 8:35 AM

That is kinda what happens when you don't have in your arsenal the weapon of completing passes downfield, and the other team knows it. Stacking the box took away the run, and with no passing game we saw the results. It was a female dog to have to sit there and watch it knowing there was a very long ride back home. I hope we get that fixed this year, because many teams will implement a game plan that dares KB to beat us with just runs and dink/dunk "passes".

Where are you getting this 40 info?

Jul 2, 2018, 6:44 AM [ in reply to KB is faster in a straight line than DW4 - but by no means ]

ESPN had Hunter Johnson at 4.73 and Kelly Bryant at 4.87 as high school recruits.

I think DW even ran the ball better than KB too.*****

Jul 2, 2018, 2:22 AM [ in reply to DW did the unfathomable: gave KB a confidence booster. KB is better than DW4 ]

Re: I think DW even ran the ball better than KB too.*****

Jul 2, 2018, 8:03 AM

Stats for DW4 against Bama in NCG, scroll past the write up.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/NATIONAL-CHAMPS-15535

Stats for KB against Bama in playoff game, scroll past the write up.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Domination-Tide-rolls-through-Tigers-on-way-to-Sugar-Bowl-win-16545

Jul 2, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to DW did the unfathomable: gave KB a confidence booster. KB is better than DW4 ]

So KB needs to learn to poetically encapsulate? Is that a coaching responsibility? Should we fire the poetic encapsulation coach?

Jul 1, 2018, 7:52 PM

KB is getting knocks for his passing performance... he is limited in the passing game, spring game did nothing to change that impression. Would be thrilled to see him magically.

I don't dump on Bryant but you have some misunderstandings..

Jul 1, 2018, 8:24 PM

I don't believe DW will be the standard for long. Lawrence is better than he was coming in and will top his performances if he stays healthy, imo. DW was better the day he took the field for us the first time than KB will be when his career is over.

Don't get me wrong, KB is a fine young man who keeps his head up when things aren't going well and represents Clemson with all the integrity on and off the field possible. He's just not the better quarterback on our team right now.

I'm not talking about KB's performance in the spring game. I'm talking about TL's performance in the spring game. That was the finest example of a quarterback handling our offense since DW was here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever..never though KellyB would have TiGS #1 out of 4 CFP Teams

Jul 1, 2018, 8:53 PM

but he did even with that dangerous Knock-out at Cuse and subsequent loss.

YeP, he & O Buddies didn’t gut er done against a mean Bama D bent on revenge but he & coaches will move on, learn, improvise & try to win it all in 2018..

with or without TL.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL will see the field soon if he stays healthy

Jul 2, 2018, 6:49 AM [ in reply to I don't dump on Bryant but you have some misunderstandings.. ]

But not close to ready to classify TL as a freshman in the same category as potential NFL MVP DW4 and Natl Championship leader ... DW4 will always be the MAN.

No DW4 = No Clemson Championship. Bama beats us by 3 TDs without DW4.

Re: I don't dump on Bryant but you have some misunderstandings..

Jul 2, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to I don't dump on Bryant but you have some misunderstandings.. ]

His confidence and success in the Spring game was very impressive. KB seemed to look just as lost as he did vs AL in NO.

Jul 1, 2018, 9:02 PM

Kelly Bryant will be much improved this year....he will have more consistent receivers, better TE's, and better blocking RB's. He is an underrated passer and an overrated runner, and I hope to see the passing be much improved.

TL will be great, no doubt, but I believe KB will be great this year with more reliable tools.

DW wasn't perfect or any where near that his first or second years....it takes a little bit of experience and a good supporting cast. KB will have both this year.

If not, pull the plug, and send in TL to light it up!!

Jul 2, 2018, 5:25 AM

I thought our play calling was off against bama! We tried to outmuscle them instead of running the hurry up which is what they did to us! Georgia had a better offensive scheme against them! Our receivers dropped some balls that coulda been game changers!

Without his full set of receivers (Higgins) or oline in the spring game i don’t think we have gotten the best KB has to offer! Improved decision making will be the deciding factor!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 8:08 AM

+1

Jul 2, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Here’s what amazes me about all the KB comments on the bored ]

If pulling the plug and putting in TL lights it up, then why not let TL light it up from the beginning?

Jul 2, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Here’s what amazes me about all the KB comments on the bored ]

I have a bridge to sell you... KB is NOT AN ELITE PASSER... he can pass but its below average beyond 5-10 yards, he's exceptional on the move. He does have leadership qualities and can (and will) run... that puts him in a position to get injured...

The only amazing thing is you guys that keep saying

Jul 2, 2018, 8:26 AM

KB led us to a championship. FALSE. The defense drug the offense there, kicking and screaming.

Re: The only amazing thing is you guys that keep saying

Jul 2, 2018, 9:30 AM

As much as we hate hearing things/statements like that, it's the absolute truth!!!

Re: The only amazing thing is you guys that keep saying

Jul 2, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to The only amazing thing is you guys that keep saying ]

YEP!!!

Jul 2, 2018, 2:01 PM

DW4 put up 400+ yards his first try and made the Alabama defense look like a high school squad.. Twice.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic