Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
do y'all think Dabo is trying to get us a Heisman this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 436

do y'all think Dabo is trying to get us a Heisman this year?

Oct 12, 2020, 7:53 AM

To me that is the only good explanation for leaving TLaw and ETN in as long as he did Saturday night.

Was concerned that TLaw could have needlessly gotten hurt. And DJU could have used some meaningful minutes.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see Clemson get a Heisman, but hope Dabo won't put players' health at risk for the sake of doing so.

This next three-game stretch will be interesting. Hopefully the starters can get rest and there will be plenty of rotating to keep our boys fresh for ND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems that way

Oct 12, 2020, 8:10 AM

Except for ND, not going to be many big primetime games to showcase ETN and Trevor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And maybe he's getting them more game experience

Oct 12, 2020, 10:19 AM

to prep for ND

Nope.

Oct 12, 2020, 8:20 AM

I think he was trying to ensure that we didn't let a game slip away in bad weather conditions with his most trusted players. I think the close fist half score and blocked kicks added to the time the starters saw. Miami was still the most capable team of striking on big plays and making it closer than any team we have played. Pretty sure Dabo isn't worried about any trophies that aren't team championship related, it was pure game plan.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just my opinion, but I do believe that he

Oct 12, 2020, 8:22 AM

took exception to the pre-game accusations as well as the in-game thuggery, and wanted to inflict as much pain as he could.

If we were playing Wake or Duke, you ain't seeing us trying to score in the final seconds. much less TL and ETN in that long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...Miami must have been jawing to excess...

Oct 12, 2020, 8:58 AM

even for them. Not sure I've seen TL talk back so much before and he get an unsportsmanlike for spiking the ball.

Also, don't think I've seen us try to hurry up a run a play at the end like that. We had the 3rd string in, but we still wanted another TD on them. That is telling.

Never in the history of football has there been a team that talks more sheet when getting their arses handed to them than Miami. It has been consistent through so many coaches. It's weird.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt. I loved when they were down 42-17, they stopped

Oct 12, 2020, 9:51 AM

ETN (I think) after a 12 yard run or so with a pretty good hit, and their DB gets up and starts doing the arms out airplane run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinking he was about to take him out at 35-10, but Miami

Oct 12, 2020, 8:51 AM

scored making it 35-17, so left him in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's doing a poor job of it if you ask me.

Oct 12, 2020, 9:52 AM

He should bench either ETN or TL. Having TL throw the ball to ETN is completely pointless because that pads both of their stats.

TL and ETN will split the votes half and half allowing Kyle Trask or Najee Harris to win it.

That's a hot take.***

Oct 12, 2020, 9:55 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Here's another:

Oct 12, 2020, 10:10 AM

You could replace TL with another QB that's talented but not TL, and get very similar results. You could NOT replace Etienne with another back and get similar results though. In my opinion, Etienne is the far more critical chess piece than Lawrence. As stated numerous times on broadcasts this year...it's not fair having both.

Agree. If I had to choose which one gets knocked out

Oct 12, 2020, 10:24 AM

with a season ending injury, then I would reluctantly choose ETN due to the importance of the QB position and what TL brings to the table over true freshman DJU.

But if we're talking about who is the truly best player at their respective position relative to the other teams in the country, I think ETN has separated himself.

He averaged 9 yard a carry Saturday night against a top ten

Oct 12, 2020, 10:28 AM

ranked team. And he'll prob come close to that mark again against ND. He's broken a Tebow record. He a sure lock as long as he stays healthy. They should award it to him now like they did Levar Jackson

Speaking of DJU...

Oct 12, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Agree. If I had to choose which one gets knocked out ]

that pass on the bad snap that was 50 yards in the air with almost no effort and on target.

DAY.YUM.

I mean, you say that, but we really have no way of knowing

Oct 12, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Here's another: ]

What would happen if Mike Bellamy padded up in place of ETN. He could do super great.

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever written...although

Oct 12, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to That's a hot take.*** ]

there is a sliver of truth on the splitting votes.

(I think Etienne deserves it over Trevor as of right now)

Sorry but Kyle Trash will be a memory at that point***

Oct 12, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to He's doing a poor job of it if you ask me. ]

No, he doesn't like Miami***

Oct 12, 2020, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 436
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic