Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's a good trivia question for you, and no sir, I do not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Here's a good trivia question for you, and no sir, I do not

Jul 23, 2020, 10:27 PM

know the answer...Maybe Tim B will chime in.....But, I was pondering.....Since our helmet is in its 50th year.....HOW MANY DIFFERENT HELMETS HAVE THE COOTS HAD IN THAT SAME TIME SPAN? I am guessing 8.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is far more crowded than their trophy case

Jul 23, 2020, 10:37 PM

Looks like this include width changes on stripes as a different helmet

https://twitter.com/wtfcoach/status/1213935379381936133?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That looks like an awful lot of smallcocks

Jul 24, 2020, 9:50 AM

helmets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll never forget this juan..

Jul 24, 2020, 11:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

When was khaki one of their team colors?

Jul 24, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to This is far more crowded than their trophy case ]

That one sticks out like a sore thumb.

~JKB

Re: Here's a good trivia question for you, and no sir, I do not

Jul 23, 2020, 10:50 PM

I don't know the answer, but I do know that the biggest trophy they have in their FB trophy case is a Clemson Tiger Paw helmet. And that is the trophy they are most proud of since anything else in their trophy case is laughable!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 11:06 PM

I'll bet they have had 10. On thing they did in maybe the 70's which was kind of neat is seniors got black helmets when the rest of the team had white ones. I think they just did it for our game but I dont know for sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dare you “ponder” . . .

Jul 24, 2020, 1:22 AM

w/out pictures . . . Rulz are rulz:

You’ve been here long enough to know better!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How dare you “ponder” . . .

Jul 24, 2020, 7:40 AM

now that's the way to "Ponder"!!

Good morning Skeeta56®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Morning MfO!!!

Jul 24, 2020, 8:10 AM

Here’s to another blessed day as a Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Morning MfO!!!

Jul 24, 2020, 10:47 AM

The same and more back to you Skeeta!!! Good friends are really hard to find, and they are easy to lose without mutual respect, and I have a ton of respect for you my friend!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK Skeeter. I've got it now...

Jul 24, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to How dare you “ponder” . . . ]

Message was edited by: Spud®

+1 for the attempt . . .

Jul 24, 2020, 9:13 AM

Oftentimes it's not success we are judged on, rather our effort . . .

Kudos for trying . . .

According to the helmet project...

Jul 24, 2020, 8:18 AM

15... though some of those variations is the removal, addition, or rearrangement of a stripe.

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

It's more like 15 ...

Jul 24, 2020, 9:18 AM

if not more.

Largely due to a lack of history and tradition, uof6c desperately attempts to compensate for it by constantly mixing and matching uniform combinations with different helmet colors. They wear as many as three or four different helmets each eason.

In fairness, a lot of other schools do it too. Maryland and Oregon immediately come to mind. Mississippi State, Kentucky, Vandy, Texas A&M, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers, Purdue, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon State, Utah, and Washington State have all had a litany of different helmets over the years. and frankly, most all of them are just as desperate for attention as the Dirtpeckers. It's nothing more than a weak attempt to make-up for the lousy product their teams put on the field.

The uof6c Chick-Fil-A helmet and the chicken butt helmet are my personal favorites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 24, 2020, 11:59 AM

Spud® said:

know the answer...Maybe Tim B will chime in.....But, I was pondering.....Since our helmet is in its 50th year.....HOW MANY DIFFERENT HELMETS HAVE THE COOTS HAD IN THAT SAME TIME SPAN? I am guessing 8.

I doubt they've changed it very much, they don't seem to use them very well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic