Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Car guize
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Car guize

Feb 19, 2021, 6:31 PM

Any y'all that are cheap like me know a way to get an aftermarket remote key for a vehicle? Lexus dealership wants $250 for a freaking valet key (i.e. not remote, only starts the car). Eff that shizz.

Was looking on amazon/ebay. Looks like you can buy an aftermarket key, but then you have to get it programmed and cut.

Any advice appreciated. Tagging Obed® because he will probably have the most likely and reasonable answer.

FYT:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

The Ace hardware in Duncan has them for ~$80

Feb 19, 2021, 6:35 PM

You probably have something similar down your way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Got the name of a locksmith from my barber today

Feb 19, 2021, 7:00 PM

But haven’t talked to him yet so not sure if he provides in the key and programs it, or just cuts it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anderson Jockey Lot is bound to have a guy.

Feb 19, 2021, 7:05 PM

And if they don’t... you can always pick up some glazed nuts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, that's not a ginger? ******

Feb 19, 2021, 7:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you sure?

Feb 19, 2021, 7:34 PM

Maybe this is a curtain and drapes situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Lou Reed said - take a walk on the wild side

Feb 19, 2021, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Wait, that's not a ginger? ****** ]

Wait, I think I have that backwards

tmell me the year and model if you want....I can check.

Feb 19, 2021, 7:13 PM

Lexus has the smooth outer edge keys so fewer locksmiths do them, and depending on the model, it may have to be paired with the car at the dealer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2004 RX 330***

Feb 19, 2021, 7:56 PM

Here you go....order a key from best place you can find.

Feb 20, 2021, 10:54 AM [ in reply to tmell me the year and model if you want....I can check. ]

Then order one of these.

https://www.ebay.com/i/293783430540?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=293783430540&targetid=1068323860270&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9061312&poi=&campaignid=11612431641&mkgroupid=112841759973&rlsatarget=pla-1068323860270&abcId=9300456&merchantid=114715430&gclid=CjwKCAiAg8OBBhA8EiwAlKw3ksWMV9116KG82Ep14dYa0Afl2NmlWrSRTIjNqSya28jK53hHKKYiNBoCcwAQAvD_BwE

Once key comes in, get it cut by locksmith or dealer, and here's the programming procedure for both the keyless entry and the smart key engine sync.

Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other
doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).
Perform these 2. steps within 5 seconds
a. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out
b. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.
Close the drivers door
Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the
engine), then back to off .
d.
e. Remove the key from the ignition.

Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock
automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode.
Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

USING NEW KEY:

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter
simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
a.
Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press
the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds,
the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful
programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b
as the remote was not accepted.
b.
7. Open drivers door
5) Now to use the Smart Keymaker, just disregard all the engrish instructions you see online, it's pretty straight forward plug and play.

Put original MASTER key into ignition, plug in the Smart Keymaker to the OBDII port under the steering wheel, Turn ignition to ON, Don't crank. Wait a few seconds you will hear a bunch of Beeps and then a LONG beep that last for a few seconds. After that, turn the ignition to off and remove the MASTER key. Stick in the NEW key and turn to ON, just wait a few seconds. It should have programmed and you should be able to crank the engine on after that.

Bottom line, you might save $150-200 doing it this way, depending on what you pay for the key and having it cut.

BigDaddy®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lessee....asks for help, gets help, doesn't even reply.

Feb 22, 2021, 4:23 PM

That "future automotive help" blacklist is growing larger by the day. What's happened to civilized society? Would BigDaddy® call Tom and Ray on Car Talk and ask for help, and then slam the phone down the minute they gave him his answer? Were people in greater Aiken/Augusta raised to greet assistance with total indifference?

He was taken aback by all the pulling out.***

Feb 22, 2021, 4:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh suuure, air cover for your geographic ilk.***

Feb 22, 2021, 4:45 PM

My bads

Feb 23, 2021, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Lessee....asks for help, gets help, doesn't even reply. ]

I did see your post but did not see your tmales until just now because tigernet . I looked up the part per the link and it looked like it said you need two original keys to do this, but I may have misread. I only have one key, hence the need for another. I will go back and look again. I did call a locksmith and he said if I can bring a key, he can cut and program for $140. Will see. I did go back and point your original post FWIW. :)

If I didn't know better, I would think this is a helluva

Feb 22, 2021, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Here you go....order a key from best place you can find. ]

prank from Obed®.

Stick it in, pull it out, stick it in, pull it out, stick it in, leave it in, twist it ALMOST all the way, slam some doors, ejaculate.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, that's the real Lexus programming method.

Feb 22, 2021, 4:45 PM

I actually cross referenced it to two other places to make sure it wasn't a joke either.

not a fancy lexus but i've bought keys and fob thru amazon

Feb 20, 2021, 1:51 PM

local locksmith was able to cut and program
2 spare keys total less than 100

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"cheap like me" but drives a Lexus.

Feb 22, 2021, 4:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

2004 Lexus.

Feb 23, 2021, 6:33 PM

Just picked it up a few months ago, less than $10k. So......cheap.

Buy the correct key on ebay

Feb 22, 2021, 4:47 PM

*Verify it has the right number/letter on the key

Take it to your local toyota dealer and explain what you want done.

I added about 3 keys to my 4runner that way for $50.

Word to the wise. You could tell Big Daddy the

Feb 22, 2021, 4:50 PM

winning lottery numbers and it's likely you'd get NARY A SINGLE TIP OF THE CAP NOR REPLY!!!!

Re: Word to the wise. You could tell Big Daddy the

Feb 22, 2021, 5:24 PM

Maybe he got runned over by a bus??

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic