Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stand with them now, or don't stand with them again.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Stand with them now, or don't stand with them again.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:20 PM

I'm sure it'll get booted to the P&R cess pool where degenerates like me belong, but oh well.

It's incredible to see the amount of people who are attacking our players, coaching staff, and school for speaking out on recent social issues. And plenty who are vowing to quit on Clemson or donations or whatever if the advocacy or support for certain causes isn't reined in.

I'm not going to go into a long-winded story about my life or involvement with Clemson and our team or how much my alma mater means to me because no one here cares about that.

But I'll say this: stand with our team and players now, or don't ever come back.

I'm not saying you have to agree with them. But if your response is to attack them publicly on a message board, vow to cut donations, or turn against this team because you disagree with the stance, then don't come back. We don't need you back on this side.

Because the correct response is to respect our players' right to their opinions or causes. You don't have to agree with them, just as they wouldn't agree with everything you say or support, but that doesn't mean we send some childish message or pitch a hissy fit and say, "I quit!"

-We're in the glory years of Clemson football. Right now. It's not the 80s anymore. We have the best coach in our program's history and he may not ever be surpassed. We have a future #1 QB who adores our school and could have gone anywhere in the country to play, and people who haven't done an ounce for Clemson compared to him are trashing him on this board for, what, having an opinion and calling for social equality?

-Does an 18-22 year old have a ton of life experience and lessons to teach us? Most likely not, but some of them probably do. You don't know their hardships unless you've walked in their shoes. So instead of turning on them--like a child--maybe try to listen and hear where they're coming from.

-The money you donate to IPTAY doesn't entitle you to anything other than your season tickets and your parking space. It's not a guarantee you won't have to listen to opinions you don't like. Welcome to the real world.

-If you decide to abandon our team or university during this time for such actions, don't come crawling back when you think they've somehow appeased you or the climate is right. Don't come crawling back over when we win another Natty in January. You made your choice. You chose to abandon Clemson. You know which school in Columbia will welcome you with open arms. You belong to them now.

-Our players read these boards. You can go on and on about how they shouldn't or how they need to be big boys about it. But they still read them. Recruits read them. And while I don't think that's the biggest factor in the decisions they make, maybe don't put out the "I'm an idiot who publicly trashes our players for speaking out against racial issues" sign. You know, just in case.

-I'll bring this one back around. You're going to trash Trevor Lawrence on this message board? Trevor? Really? There are fan bases reading this right now who think we are imbeciles. They would crawl naked to Alabama to bring him to their schools.

And finally...

Did you spend a lot of money to watch West Virginia eat pancakes off our heads in Miami?
Did you sweat gallons off your balls in 2003 watching UGA blank us 30-0 in the Valley?
Did you sit there and listen to those mulletheaded Dirt Peckers snicker and prod you over five in a row?
Did you go to games during the Ken Hatfield years?
Did you remember what it was like losing to Wake Forest at home?
Did you sit there and watch Donovan McNabb rain turd blossoms on our heads in the Gator Bowl?
Did you enjoy the excitement of all of Rob Spence's screen passes?
Did you watch James Davis and CJ Spiller get a combined 13 carries in the Music City Bowl?

You did? Did you make it? Is your ego still intact? This too shall pass, snowflake.

Put on your #### orange Saturday. Throw some ribs on the smoker. Stock your fridge with your #### White Claws. Yell and cheer and cuss at the TV as you get ready to watch us go on another title run. Get drunk and sing a victory song and #### off your wife when you come stumbling back inside. We have the best #### college football program in America. Be grateful and enjoy it while it lasts.

Either stick with this team, or don't come back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

most of our fans are ruhtards

Sep 9, 2020, 2:22 PM

hth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, I don't think that's true.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:24 PM

But I think we have a little crowd of them posting here who embrace that description.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: See, I don't think that's true.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:27 PM

I think most folks are concerned that Clemson might

Sep 9, 2020, 2:28 PM

denigrate The Tiger's field or uniforms with BLM or Proud Boys logos.

(Most) seem OK with the players expressing their opinions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think any of these folks decrying the activism would bat

Sep 9, 2020, 2:37 PM

an eye if the team wanted to be proud boys or MAGAs?

Make no mistake, the uproar is over the message, not the activism itself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems most are clear that they believe black lives are

Sep 9, 2020, 2:41 PM

consequential - but they can't get behind BLM. And that appears to be mostly because of the "nuclear-family" thing and the "cops are bad" thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here we go again--the black lives matter movement and the

Sep 9, 2020, 2:55 PM

Black Lives Matter Organization that coopted the name and purports to be Marxists, etc. are not the same thing. Saying you support the BLM movement does not make you a member of the BLM Organization. People are being willfully obtuse conflating the two.

The people riled up about TL and his message are spouting ignorant Fox News talking points about BLM. They're not mad about him expressing a political opinion, they're made about him not expressing their political opinion. You know they would be all gung ho about TL's activism if he came out in a MAGA hat.

I don't know that. I would be equally as concerned if I saw

Sep 9, 2020, 3:03 PM

a Proud Boy's logo (if they have one) or a BLM logo displayed by Clemson University.

I guess I wouldn't flinch if I saw a Tiger player wearing a Biden or a Trump cap.

Yes, there would be a YUGE uproar, even from those against the BLM

Sep 9, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to You think any of these folks decrying the activism would bat ]

propaganda, if the Tigers wore MAGA or Proud Boy logos on their helmets or uniforms. Get a grip.

Thinking the other side is as terrible as you are, is how you rationalize the Left's behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'm not saying there wouldn't be an uproar--I'm saying the

Sep 9, 2020, 2:56 PM

people on TigerNet who are ######## about it right now wouldn't make a peep.

Trump and his message appeals to the largely uneducated

Sep 9, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to You think any of these folks decrying the activism would bat ]

who may speak of and thump Christian values, but don't really practice them. It embraces lies and division as driving factors. There is really zero connection with that and this program or its players, activism or not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WRONG BOARD, MORAN!***

Sep 9, 2020, 2:29 PM

He said he didn't care if it was the wrong board

Sep 9, 2020, 2:52 PM

So....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

You tell him, TigerNet policeman!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 9, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to WRONG BOARD, MORAN!*** ]

Re: Stand with them now, or don't stand with them again.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:30 PM

Bravo bravo bravo!!! Spot on!!! Now spot the #### ball!!!

Re: Stand with them now, or don't stand with them again.***

Sep 9, 2020, 2:35 PM

Sep 9, 2020, 2:36 PM

Tldr

I see that you still can't post on the correct forum. Time for Crump to break out the pepper spray and flash grenades.

Skip to the last part...

Sep 9, 2020, 2:39 PM

If too many words damage the fragility. That should get the point across.

Re: Skip to the last part...

Sep 9, 2020, 2:43 PM

Not sure what part of tl:dr you didn't understand. But to your point, if I wanted your opinion, I would read it on the P&R bored.

Hth helps

If you don't want to read my opinion...

Sep 9, 2020, 2:51 PM

Don't click on my post. It's not hard. Don't be a baby. See, watch:

"Hmm, I don't like what that guy posts. I don't wanna read it. I won't click on it. I won't reply, either."

HTH.

Re: If you don't want to read my opinion...

Sep 9, 2020, 3:12 PM

Typical and unsurprising. People like you want the rules and laws followed, unless it applies to you. When someone points this out, you resort to name calling. You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Re: If you don't want to read my opinion...

Sep 9, 2020, 4:57 PM

You sure are doing a lot of replying for someone who claims he didn't read the post and didn't care about my opinion.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:40 PM

If you read this with Beavis' voice in your head, its pretty funny.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:40 PM

All or nothing approach huh. That’s your message? Support us or don’t come back? Sounds a lot like the other side of the coin. Maybe you should take your own advice. With that said dad if it’s all right with you I will continue to give or not give my support as I see fit.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:42 PM

No worries, son. Garnet and black goes superbly with snowflake white.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:48 PM

Snowflake huh. Who is the one crying on the board like a little ##### with a scraped up knee? Again take your own advice pal. People will support with their money as they see fit.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:56 PM

Dude, liberals decide who can, and can't, attend Clemson games. Don't you know that?

Their entire being is wrapped up in being able to tell you what you can and can not do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 9, 2020, 3:08 PM

You couldn’t make it two hours after Crump specifically asked people not to do this? My high school students could follow rules better.

Sep 9, 2020, 3:12 PM

Lets see..... If you don't support Trump, then leave and don't come back to the USA for you liberals. Is that how the game is played now.

Sep 9, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Stand with them now, or don't stand with them again. ]

Well, it appears I missed his post. Apologies, Crump. Please move it and don't revoke my steak knife set.

Sep 9, 2020, 3:09 PM

Please... I'm not going to say I'll stand with them on everything. Heck I don't even agree with some of the plays they run. I 100% agree with them to a point, but not on everything. I will always be a Clemson Tiger, but I will not blindly follow anyone. If it is wrong to disagree with some things in this craziest of years, then so be it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Wake has a new QB.. this should be a cake walk***

Sep 9, 2020, 3:17 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Wake has a new QB.. this should be a cake walk***

Sep 9, 2020, 4:16 PM

I wouldn't call him "new"..

He's started plenty of games for them...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 3:31 PM

I have some former "friends" of Clemson who have done exactly what you have described. That is, they have written off Clemson because of the BLM thing back in the spring. No, I don't think much of BLM, either. However, because Clemson is a public, state supported institution, BLM has every right to be present as long as they meet the criteria set forth by the university and the State of South Carolina. After all, Hari Krishnas showed up several time while I attended Clemson.

As for the players, if you listen to those that put on the event such as Darien Rencher, Trevor Lawrence, and others, you are seeing young men who openly express their deep faith in God. You can't help but know their hearts are in the right place. At least from my perspective, they do.

I am very glad Clemson got out in front of all the racial discourse which followed shortly thereafter. These players and coaches acknowledged the divisions, the inequalities and got some conversations started which I feel has brought not only the athletes and coaches closer, but the university population as a whole. Think about how it was when Harvey Gantt first arrived at Clemson (which, BTW, was before my time) and all the expectations of somebody shouting or doing something unseemly which would ultimately cause a stain on our university's reputation. Thank God all went well and how proud we all are of Harvey Gantt today. And, I would be remiss if I didn't thank Mr. Gantt for all he has given Clemson.

Unlike you, however, I hope that most of the dissenters will calm down and realize that we do indeed share that "something special in these hills" and return to the fold. The Clemson family is special and we're going to have differences just like any other family. So, we need to find ways to listen, learn, and be flexible enough to change our opinions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have some former "friends" of Clemson who have done exactly what you have described. That is, they have written off Clemson because of the BLM thing back in the spring. No, I don't think much of BLM, either. However, because Clemson is a public, state supported institution, BLM has every right to be present as long as they meet the criteria set forth by the university and the State of South Carolina. After all, Hari Krishnas showed up several time while I attended Clemson.

As for the players, if you listen to those that put on the event such as Darien Rencher, Trevor Lawrence, and others, you are seeing young men who openly express their deep faith in God. You can't help but know their hearts are in the right place. At least from my perspective, they do.

I am very glad Clemson got out in front of all the racial discourse which followed shortly thereafter. These players and coaches acknowledged the divisions, the inequalities and got some conversations started which I feel has brought not only the athletes and coaches closer, but the university population as a whole. Think about how it was when Harvey Gantt first arrived at Clemson (which, BTW, was before my time) and all the expectations of somebody shouting or doing something unseemly which would ultimately cause a stain on our university's reputation. Thank God all went well and how proud we all are of Harvey Gantt today. And, I would be remiss if I didn't thank Mr. Gantt for all he has given Clemson.

Unlike you, however, I hope that most of the dissenters will calm down and realize that we do indeed share that "something special in these hills" and return to the fold. The Clemson family is special and we're going to have differences just like any other family. So, we need to find ways to listen, learn, and be flexible enough to change our opinions.

I'll play:

Sep 9, 2020, 3:38 PM

Did you spend a lot of money to watch West Virginia eat pancakes off our heads in Miami?
A CRAP TON - and that does NOT include all the money lost at the Blackjack table after that game while staying at the Hard Rock.

Did you sweat gallons off your balls in 2003 watching UGA blank us 30-0 in the Valley?
Not only that - my whole family - brothers, Mom, pregnant wife were at a never before and never since family reunion at Sunset Beach, NC - AND I DROVE BY MYSELF to Clemson to see that absolute SLAUGHTER. And ticked off everybody for days because I did it. (As an aside - I tried to get my brother's to go to the last Darlington Labor Day race that weekend, too - they wouldn't go. I DID NOT go to that)

Did you sit there and listen to those mulletheaded Dirt Peckers snicker and prod you over five in a row? Not as much as you folks in the state, but I heard it - and more importantly - I felt it. As an offer at exemption from this one - can I substitute the absolute man-handling we took every year at the hands of the semi-holes and all the relentless grief I got over that ?

Did you go to games during the Ken Hatfield years? - Yes

Did you remember what it was like losing to Wake Forest at home? - Yes

Did you sit there and watch Donovan McNabb rain turd blossoms on our heads in the Gator Bowl? Yes - was unbearable. It was after this game I vowed to NEVER buy memorabilia regarding a bowl game until AFTER the game. Having crap that reminded me of a loss is the worst.

Did you enjoy the excitement of all of Rob Spence's screen passes? No. But I was there.

Did you watch James Davis and CJ Spiller get a combined 13 carries in the Music City Bowl? Yes. And the debacle of the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Does all that "earn" me the right to say - If there is something I financially support & emotionally support & physically support with my presence - and it becomes something that is unrecognizable to me in what I knew it to be and how I knew it to be (and it is becoming more & more about something else ((social unrest & politics)) and less and less about what it was that drew me in in the first place ((football)) - then I may consider turning my support to something else ?

Do these young adults have the right to have their beliefs and convictions and viewpoints & then have the right to express them ? Absolutely. 1000 times over.

But to somehow try & make them "exempt" from the repercussions of their actions because they are "kids" or because they are associated with Clemson University is an exercise in make-believe. It certainly isn't real life.

There are tragic things happening all over the place - tragic. People getting killed for no reason, businesses being destroyed for no reason, hate & intimidation & brutality for no reason.

And no skin color is safe, it seems - anyone can find themselves in the cross-hairs at any point.

With ALL the things that could & should be talked about by folks that have a platform - when will there be any time for football ? Maybe this isn't a time for football ? Maybe this isn't a time for movie-making and TV shows with Hollywood actors . . . . maybe it should just be a continuous round-table until we can get this sorted out ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I'll play:

Sep 9, 2020, 3:54 PM

I can respect this well-thought out reply. But to respond, you mention that they aren't immune to repurcussions. But what repercussions do they deserve? Abandonment from our fans? What has Trevor and Co. said that's so offensive that deserves the vitriol some people here have spewed, and what would make someone feel the answer to Clemson supporting the phrase "black lives matter" (let's focus on the phrase and not the organization) is to boycott?

Judging by your response, it doesn't seem you would take such action.

Sep 9, 2020, 4:09 PM

To answer your question - I guess they "deserve" whatever repercussions are decided upon by the individual person that has received the message. That is what this is all about - rights - correct ?

But your response points out what I feel is a HUGE problem with all this - are Darien Rencher (who is known personally by close friends of ours and who took us on a tour of the Reeves facility a couple of years ago - was blown away by this young man then and I believe he will do incredible things), TL, KJ and all supporting the ORGANIZATION that is known as Black Lives Matter or are they using a slogan that just happens to be the same as the name of this organization ?

IF guys have #BLM on their helmet - do they mean the organization or the slogan of a movement who's intention is to get equality ? ?

For me - watching my Alma Mater play a football game shouldn't be this complicated. I have to question whether or not I am "supporting" something that is promoting an organization that I seem to have several points of contention with.

or are they lifting their own personal community up with an encouraging "word" - very similar to putting an area code as their eye black or a Bible verse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll play: ]

What the heck is wrong with you????????????

+1!!!!

Sep 9, 2020, 4:10 PM

Wish I could give you more!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic