Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Line of scrimmage against ND is a big factor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,696

Line of scrimmage against ND is a big factor

Dec 15, 2020, 6:12 AM

I love Clemson but let’s be realistic about how this game is going to play out. I believe we win but I don’t think it’s going to be a blow out by any means. We are a really young team for the most part and like any young team we make mental mistakes, case in point our safeties blow coverages at least once or twice a game. The most glaring mistake though comes from our young D-line. Think about this. How many times this year have you seen our D-line not keep there rush lanes and run right past the QB in the pocket and then the QB runs for a critical first down or puts them in a easy manageable down and distance. You would figure this would have been corrected by now. We also have a tough time generating a real pass rush with just four down lineman. Our O-line is a whole other story. Really doesn’t generate much push in run blocking or open holes for ETN. Decent pass blocking but seems to break down at the worst times. Bockhorst definitely gets too many penalties. With all that said it’s not as bad as it seems. These are just observations. I think our coaches deserve a lot of credit though. Here we are playing for another birth into the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Line of scrimmage against ND is a big factor

Dec 15, 2020, 7:13 AM

Glad you came onboard in time to get us straight

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Dec 15, 2020, 9:29 AM

Are you a Notre Dame fan?

I ask because most of the "critical" mistakes you are mentioning only happened during the first Notre Dame game.

Dec 15, 2020, 9:32 AM

Most of the defensive issues you cite have taken place when Tyler Davis and Jamie Skalski have been out of the game.

Here we are playing for another birth into the playoffs.

Dec 15, 2020, 9:35 AM

Five "births" already, hope momma ain't getting tired.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,696
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic